Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Finally got the Savage SS!!!....damage already!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Finally got the Savage SS!!!....damage already!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:26 AM
In2JeepN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got the Savage SS!!!....damage already!

Hey guys, I did the post on most durable truck a couple of months back, and no one really gave me anything other than the Savage....(yeah I was the guy on his 8th maxx gas tank, let alone all the other parts!) Anyways, I am proud to say that our group now is up to 3 Savages and down to 1 TMaxx now. Broke her in last weekend, and broke the front skid plate & bent both chassis plates on the first day! Nice! Anyways, she's still ran strong (although not nearly as straight as it first did...) but I will get around to straightening them when I have it apart for something else....and then today I broke a steering knuckle & bent a dogbone. Not bad at all tho, I am very impressed - I have smoked a few trees (both on the ground & in flight) and got the curb real good on a high speed run-away and it just bounces back (most times!) .....so uh....anyone looking to buy a 24.7 converted TMaxx??? The bonus to the maxx is that it has a lot of new parts - now that I think about it, the whole damn thing is almost new....I replaced parts daily!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:21 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default RE: Finally got the Savage SS!!!....damage already!

What SHOULD this tell us?

Its the driver.. not the truck!
Stop bickering over which truck is more strong etc.. we dont have an NHTSA standard for crash testing MTs! lol

In2JeepN: Ok maybe I'm calling you a bad driver.. but there is a point to be proved here and I'm just using you as an example.. dont take it personally!

Ram
Old 03-07-2004, 08:40 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the abuse you're admitting to, I doubt anyone would consider buying a maxx from you . Seriously, what's the point of such extreme abuse?
Old 03-07-2004, 09:09 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Reckless driving all the way!LOL Try to avoid trees in the air or on the ground!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 AM
method84

stop drinking and driving cause when you drink you drive you lose...a message from NYPD
Old 03-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Savage_Dias

At least he's not complaining about all of it. Nice way to stay positive In2JeepN! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-07-2004, 12:56 PM
In2JeepN

Hey, I know I am not a great driver, but I am certainly not bad....we are just very very hard on our trucks....we bought them for one reason - TO HAVE FUN. We find it fun to hit 1/4 pipe 4' high ramps @ WOT in second gear....and 20 feet of air tends to damage the trucks It just happens that the Savage holds up to it a lot better than the Maxx does. And Tweety, I know exactly what you mean about no one wanting to buy the Maxx from me, which is why I have the smiley face after my comment! I personally agree with Madman, DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
Old 03-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Avalanche

ORIGINAL: i8tweety
Seriously, what's the point of such extreme abuse?

Ummmmmm, to have fun? Why buy a MT if all you want to do is putt around your lawn? Bashin a Savage is right next to heaven. If you dont own one you couldnt possibly understand.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:02 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

To me, there's a difference between use and abuse. I use mine like it was intended including reasonable jumps and tumbles. Getting 5 feet of air is fine with me. The moment you are talking about bent frame rails, that's abuse. Why not just drive it head long into a brick wall? You'll get the same result.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:51 AM
SH ByA

Ummmm, Well......(Stands up to make announcement)

I own a savage and I have to admit that I treat it like In2JeepN does. I have put my truck through so much abuse that is order for it to survive one day without breaking I have had to convert the whole truck to aluminum. I have hit trees and dumpsters and curbs and anything else you can think of all of them at WOT.

Besides.....is there any other way to run other than WOT?????
Old 03-08-2004, 10:19 AM
allen0622

I'm on my 3rd T-Maxx tank, for me it was because of the cold. It just got so brittle a good jarring would crack it. Took 2 for me to realize this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44105.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	109124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18561.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	109125  
Old 03-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I beat the snot out of my Savage this weekend. Jumped it, raced it, rolled it, over and over again through quite a few tanks and I didn't break a thing (after some HD dog bones that is). I had a blast!!!

I think taking an RC out to just beat it until it breaks is ludicrus. So many guys are just trying to see what they can do to get these to break. I just don't understand that mindset. I have money to spend on these, and I still don't bring my trucks/cars to the brink of destruction- I drive em at WOT, jump 4-5' over and over, climb hills, roll, etc- I don't baby my trucks at all. They are pretty beat up to be honest- but I don't drive them to destruction for fun.

Explain your mindset. Do you just want to see how much these trucks can take before breaking? Do you like to damage and break them? Help me understand what you get from beating the trucks senselessly.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
SH ByA

I do not baby them at all. I want to see how much abuse they will take. Once I know the limits of the truck I will push it a little further. I'll jump it higher and faster, I will hit a jump WOT and see how high and far it will go. if it breaks, then I upgrade that part and go again. I want my truck to be able to do ANYTHING i want it to do. If I want to take it through a 6" deep water puddle I'll do it, If i want to jump it off a 10' cliff and see if it will make it without breaking then I'll do it. If I am racing and I hit a jump and it goes completely off the track and survives, then I am happy. [>:] I have finally got mine to a point where it will do just about anything and not break. I have sunk a bunch of money into it, but I can afford it and its something I enjoy. So I dont mind. But it now had more power than the stock trucks and will survive an endo roll at WOT without breaking. I Havent borken anything on it in quite a while and its finally to where it can handle the abuse. It might weigh about 15 lbs but its solid and pretty much unbreakable. But it will still keep up with the T-maxxes but it will do things that they and others wont even attempt. and come out hauling butt and wanting more. Its an impressive thing to see what it can take and keep wanting more. Next on the list......Monster Mammoth....MUHAHAHAHAHA[>:]
Old 03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
jrtoons

Having a throttle on my MTs is almost pointless. An on-off switch would be fine. I'm always at WOT. BUT - I don't hit things. I drive AROUND immovable objects.

I have seen plenty of people who just love to break their truck on the weekends and repair during the week just to do it all again the next weekend! It's fun for them, not for me. I've modified the brakes, shocks and steering to make it stop and handle better than stock.

My latest break on my Savage 25 was the servo saver screw coming loose and falling out. That's it. I actually drove it without steering for about 5 minutes! It goes pretty straight with out any servo input!

Some like to drive it and break it and some like to see how many gallons they can get though it before it breaks...