Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Yesterday, my MGT sounded odd while running (need help)...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Yesterday, my MGT sounded odd while running (need help)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:11 PM
GreekTTCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yesterday, my MGT sounded odd while running (need help)...

So I was running my MGT yesterday, and it sounded odd, like a slight grinding sound. Also, it seemed not to be as fast, and it wouldn't always go into 2nd gear. After a while, it started acting REALLY odd. At low speeds, it would switch from forward, and JERK itself right into reverse, and neutral, etc... Really sporatic, really erratic.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it a gearing thing? It was running fine 2 days ago...
Old 03-08-2004, 02:27 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Yesterday, my MGT sounded odd while running (need help)...

You are gonna need to go into your tranny. Alot of people with the earlier trucks had tranny issues. I was one of them. Apparently there are some people that have had tranny failures a number of times. Read some posts at www.monstergt.com as well as www.monster****rum.com

Associated has been sending parts out to people at no charge. I hear they can be real jerks if you arent really really nice to them on the phone. I havent had any problems with them, im just telling you that some have.

Matt
Old 03-08-2004, 03:57 PM
MattLarson29

I would suspect that you have had one or more screws back out of the reverse clutch assembly (part # 25025 on the drawings).

If the screws are not trashed, you can just screw them back in with loctite, but I would bet that the screws have been trashed, since they have to tangle with the cam on the adjacent gears (25024) in order to act up like you have reported.

Stop running the truck and get into the tranny.

I just (this weekend) had this problem with mine. Call Associated and explain the situation calmly. They are sending me replacement parts free.

I suspect the folks who have had problems with Associated (just a couple IIRC) started off the conversation acting like jerks. You reap what you sow.

Matt

EDIT: I see you are in Baltimore. If you need assistance with this, I am not too far away. If you don't need assistance, please don't be insulted by the offer
Old 03-08-2004, 04:20 PM
GreekTTCharlie

ORIGINAL: MattLarson29

I would suspect that you have had one or more screws back out of the reverse clutch assembly (part # 25025 on the drawings).

If the screws are not trashed, you can just screw them back in with loctite, but I would bet that the screws have been trashed, since they have to tangle with the cam on the adjacent gears (25024) in order to act up like you have reported.

Stop running the truck and get into the tranny.

I just (this weekend) had this problem with mine. Call Associated and explain the situation calmly. They are sending me replacement parts free.

I suspect the folks who have had problems with Associated (just a couple IIRC) started off the conversation acting like jerks. You reap what you sow.

Matt

EDIT: I see you are in Baltimore. If you need assistance with this, I am not too far away. If you don't need assistance, please don't be insulted by the offer
PM'ed you.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 PM
MattLarson29

What did Associated say when yuo called them?

Matt