Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Mammoth owners Found a body for the Mammoth that doent look to small!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mammoth owners Found a body for the Mammoth that doent look to small!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:31 PM
popa71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth owners Found a body for the Mammoth that doent look to small!!!!

I have been looking for a body that fits the Mammoth for a month now. I picked up a HPI 73 Bronco body on Friday. To my surprise it looks pretty good. I was worried because its a little shorter than a standard Monster body due to the design of the Bronco. It is actually larger in scale size than the standard truck body so it fits perfect!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36144.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	109197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62253.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	109198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75391.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	109199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86155.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	109200  
Old 03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mammoth owners Found a body for the Mammoth that doent look to small!!!!

If the mammoth had a larger rear bumper, it would look kinda funny, but that body looks pretty good on there.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:40 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Mammoth owners Found a body for the Mammoth that doent look to small!!!!

The stock body looks FAR BETTER that that lol The wheel wells are not even close to matching up with the wheel base of the kit, sorry does not look good to me.(IMO)

IMO, it's got the "radio shackish" look to me.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:09 AM
popa71

Thanks Gator8 Im glad you like it!!!!!!!!! Im glad I dont value your opinion!!!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Nevadastars

Considering the extra long wheelbase of the Mammoth, I think it looks great! The front bumper sticking out is the only detraction from a sweet looking truck.......but not bad. I may have to pick up one of those for mine. Anything looks better than the "rainbow warrior" look of the original body. What wheels are those? They look a ton better than the stockers.

Popa71, the first time the throttle is mashed, everyone will realize this is no Radio Shack truck.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:55 PM
popa71

Thanks SeventyGTX, I realize that it is a little short but it is better than the stock body. I like it because the scale of the body is larger scale than the other truck bodies out there. I would rather have our truck look Radio shackisk than drive Radio shackish like some others out there. Do you know what I mean "Dirt Demon", oh sorry I mean Gator8
Old 03-09-2004, 01:00 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

would any 1/8 body fit on that.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:13 PM
popa71

The wheels are Hot Bodies Revolution wheels on Mayhem tires. They really do fit the truck better than stock tires. You will need the front and rear conversion kits from XTM to mount them. The kit comes with everything you need to convert to the T-Maxx 14mm set up. I did it because there is s huge selection of T-maxx wheels and tires compared to anything else.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:25 PM
The Boss

LOL, well popa, to each there own, I bought my MAM because I LOVE!!! the factory body and I LOVE the fact that the body wheel wells matches the wheel base of the truck. Sorry, I guess I am just not into the TYCO kiddy truck look lol
Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
R/C Dragon

That body looks pretty good on there nice paint job too
Old 03-09-2004, 10:20 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

i dont get why you would buy a truggy to put a bronco body and HB tires on it...(not flaming, but probably will get flamed for this comment, it is RCU...) if you were going to do that to it, then why not put it on a real monster and leave the truggies to the tracks?

bubbafien
Old 03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Savage_Dias

The paintjob is nice but I'll be THRILLED when HPI realizes how stupid & fake that engine looks!!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:38 AM
popa71

Well Bubba the tires fit the Mammoth better than they fit the Savage so I really cant understand what your talking about. My truck will outrun and perform better than anything you throw at it. So stop being envious and go go get one if your tired of getting spanked. And stop bringing up that truggy crap a truck is a truck.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:48 PM
bubbafien

sound a little edgy their popa... feeling like you made the wrong decidion? dont take you bad choice out on us. j/k

the tires may look good, but they sure as hell arent meant for performing on a track.
real truck? it is a truck, you are right, but it is still a truggy...

the day that MAMMOTH can out perform a SUPERMAXX or RAZORBACK will not be anytime soon, by a long stretch of the imagination

well believe it or not i wont go go get one. because that would be like taking a step backwards. i don't go go get spanked

bubbafien
Old 03-10-2004, 09:17 PM
popa71

Actually Im pretty happy with my purchase. You seem to be the one on the attack. The only thing a Supermaxx is good for is costing Super $$$$$$$$$. And I will spank you!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:28 PM
bubbafien

ok, pal. you think that...

bubbafien
Old 03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
popa71

OK , Buddy
Old 03-10-2004, 09:43 PM
The Boss

Hi, we have had so called SM's by there owners at our Nitro Jam events and they have ALL!!! preformed poorly, it has gottin to the point that unless its in the "show in shine" event we would rather NOT have them in the show because they are having to many problems and these guys seem to be unwilling to drive there kits as the rest of us do.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:55 PM
bubbafien

well they must be very un-experienced! how do they perform poorly? they must have crappy gear...

bubbafien
Old 03-11-2004, 01:31 AM
The Boss

Hi the trucks break drive line parts the most, gears, cvds, tranys and other parts. also the few guys that have tryed to jump the cars could not get enough speed usualy landing on the third car and bending or busting some thing so they could not run anymore, i think it got to the point that it did not make any sence to do this with there very expensive toy trucks anymore.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:26 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's keep this thread civil. The question is how the body looks on the truck, NOT whos truck is better, whether it's a truggy, etc.

To me, the truck looks pretty good. I think it would be nicer if the wheelwells lined up, but you can't have everything.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 PM
bubbafien

then they must not have supermaxx's. because if they did they would not be breaking anything in the driveline. and they must be running low-end budget motors too...

bubbafien
Old 03-11-2004, 05:05 PM
G1GY

<edited for content> <There was nothing wrong with the content! Maybe a malfunctioning mod?>

As far as the body goes, I'd like to see the wheel wells line up with the wheelbase also. It just looks more realistic that way IMO. Other than that, I like it.[8D]
Old 03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
ICrashThings

i have that body on my RC10GT and it still looks good. (goto my gallery and look at it)

but yea looks awsome on it good find dude!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:07 PM
ronl
My Feedback: (9)

I kinda like it because the factory body is almost $50.00 and i dont think there is another offered for this vehicle.I give him an A+ for trying.I have one also and like it. Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.