Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Smartech Magic Wheel

Old 03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
quadzila99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech Magic Wheel

I won a Smartech Magic Wheel from a Snap-on dealer. My first RC anything. I have about 6 tanks through it now and have had no problems. Just the normal mixture concerns. I would like more info on the carb. For idle the manual says to turn the vice oil screw (small screw in the middle of the throttle linkage arm) clockwise to slow idle and vis versa. Is it adjusting fuel or air? It does run very rich at idle it spits fuel and makes a puddle on the floor. At 1/4 throttle it seems to load up and often dies. Top end runs good. Its not totaly broke in so only was at full throttle for a few seconds There is also a small srew just under the air filter. The manual doesnt even mention its there. Anyone know what that one is for? As for getting parts the manual says to use below. I have read people cant find parts for these.

JHC 866-595-4530
JHC
901 SFremont Ave. #108
Alhambra, CA 91803
[email protected]

One more thing. The box and the manual says its a 2 speed gear box. I have never heard it shift. When these cars shift is it noticeable? Like I said its my first RC I ve never even seen one run before I got this one
Old 03-08-2004, 08:36 PM
FiReD-uP

Default RE: Smartech Magic Wheel

oh yeah you will notice the shift once you start to lean out the mixture
Old 03-08-2004, 09:01 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the mixture is too rich (or even too lean), the engine won't reach a high enough rpm for 2nd to engage.

What the f is a smart tech magic wheel?
Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 PM
quadzila99

This is a Magic Wheel. I havent heard too much good about it. But I dont know the difference.[link]http://www.perfect-group.com/product/smartech/08341.HTM
Old 03-08-2004, 09:33 PM
jefx

That link didn't work for me. I still don't know what a f'n "magic wheel" is.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:41 PM
quadzila99

sorry. Copy & paste new link.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:47 PM
jefx

Ohhh, so THAT'S a magic wheel. It's a fake Tmaxx. Will Tmaxx parts work on it?
Old 03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
toughitaliankid

magic wheel is a clone of the original T Maxx. Almost nut for nut and bolt for bolt. I have heard that not all parts are interchangable between the two, but they look like identical twins
Old 03-08-2004, 09:59 PM
jefx

HAHAHA, I just downloaded the Magic Wheel video! It's complete with the worst music ever!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
quadzila99

From what I have read some of the T-max parts will work on it. From what I have read Smartech bought the plans from T-max. But like I said I dont know anything about rc trucks. Its my first one and it was free. I have only spent money on fuel. I have heard really bad things about Smartech. But so far its been fun. Just wish I could get more info on carb adjustments. Its the Smartech 15CXP engine if anyone knows anything about it. I read in another thread someone threw a rod on there second or third tank.I havent had anything like that happen. Just have some problems with idle mixture and midrange mixture ,and not shifting.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:27 PM
jefx

The hobby is all about having fun, so as long as you enjoy it, it doesn't matter much. And you sure can't beat the price, FREE!

Anyway, I've never heard of a "vice oil screw". Usually, the idle is adjusted with a screw that keeps the slide from closing all the way. Increasing the idle increases both fuel and air at the same time, otherwise it would give you a lean or rich mixture. It'll run better after it's fully broke-in, but if it's not shifting, it's probably because it's not reaching a high enough rpm.

The shift is definatly noticeable, just like in your full size car.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
89jettawolfs

i got one from my snap on man too. I had credit so it was almost free. The engine is like a heli engine. It has a square head. I brought mine into my lhs to show the guy. He has 6 tmaxx's. They are almost the same. The rear turnbuckles are in front of the arms instead of behind. But almost everything else is identical. We put them side by side and they are just about identical. If the rear turnbuckle breaks replace it with tmaxx parts and just flip the spindle to the oposite side and it'll be in the back like the tmaxx. everything else looks interchangable. I've been beating the piss out of mine. Have almost a half galon through it, no problems. I flipped it off my 4 step porch and it landed on the lid. Nothing broke. the exploded view of theengine in the picture i got wasn't even the same engine, and no break in directions. my xxx-nt will be running in a few weeks and then the magic wheel will be on the shelf. But so far it's taken a beating.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:26 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

For idle the manual says to turn the vice oil screw (small screw in the middle of the throttle linkage arm) clockwise to slow idle and vis versa. Is it adjusting fuel or air?
Actually, that screw is a positive stop for the carburetor barrel. As you turn it in (clockwise), the idle will go up. If you turn it counterclockwise, hte idle will go down.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:22 AM
kevcapone

hey everyone if you want to get smartech parts email [email protected] and you can also leave them some feedback on what needs improving or what you would like to be improved.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:08 AM
faan

What are they selling for? If I can replace parts using tmaxx parts I'd be keen on getting one. I'm a complete novice and would'nt like to spend too much. If I can get a cheap truck with the knowledge that I'll get decent parts if the bad ones break all the better. If it turns out that I like the hobby and the truck does'nt end up on the shelf for long periods of time I'd spend more and then get either a Tmaxx or the HPI savage.
I can get one from ebay but do not know how much to bid...
Thanks
Old 03-26-2004, 05:02 AM
nitrobashinauz

old ultima, it sounds like you didnt get a smatrech engine, what does it say on the side SMT?
but anyway, how has the truck been holding up?
cause i know from experience the engine is pretty good, and if the truck hold up well might be woth gettin one.
and hi quadzilla welcome to the smartech club they arent as bad as people say they are.
i loved mine and the SMT engine i putt in my rush, i hope you have as much fun with yours as i have with mine.
and thats what the hobby's all about, it seems a few people round here forget that.
but that's all apart of the game of LIFE
Old 03-26-2004, 11:57 PM
89jettawolfs

yeah it says smt. It's just really funny looking. I think it's just the flat head. so far nothing broke. And i've been beating it bad. tomoorow if it's not rainy i'm gonna beat on it some more. i flipped it qhite a few times. Pnly broke the body. Not even body posts broke yet. but we'lls ee. I have about half a gallon through it so far. I like it. for so called junk it's held up really well.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:47 AM
rcmtdriver2000

Do me a favor, post a pic of the carb.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:00 PM
studysession

I would like to see pics of the truck.....
Old 03-27-2004, 11:18 PM
89jettawolfs

I'm gonna get some pics this week. It looks exactly like a tmaxx except different engine. But on another note i broke my first parts today. I had a nasty run in with a telephone poll. But only broke the battery box(clean off the chassis) and broke a bolt in one of the steering links. it would only go in a circle after that. but not a bog deal. I'll fix the stuff in a few days and be out bashing again in no time. as soon as i get the stuff put back together i'l take some pics of it. Hopfully some action shots. but so far i'm very impressed with how well it held up so far. before i hit the poll it was really running well. It'll pull wheelies easily and was having fun doing donuts in the gravel ally. It's suposed to be nice tomorrow and i can't drive(stupid poll had to jump in my way. Later
Old 03-29-2004, 08:24 PM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

This thing pulls wheelies? Easily?
How strong is that engine hp? Thats perty good.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:16 AM
nitrobashinauz

hey old ultima, is yours the two speed?
pops wheelies easily????
this thing might be worthwile gettin
Old 03-31-2004, 01:44 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

hey asll your smartech owners in rc car general sicussions there is a new thread official smartech cars thread post there about you smartech caRS
Old 03-31-2004, 04:18 PM
nitrobashinauz

i'm just curious about one thing, how come, if its meant to be a clone of the tmaxx,
then how is it a 1:8 scale???
Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 PM
89jettawolfs

i'm not sure about the 1/8 1/10 thing but i had it at my lhs and put it side by side with a tmaxx and they're the same size. It took awhile to get it tuned right but now it really screams, not sure about the hp numbers though. Yeah i got a 2 speed, but no reverse.it'll lift one wheel on gravel, but it doesn't get the best traction on it. But opn grass it'll lift both wheels everytime you stab the throttle. i was gonna lean it out a hair more but left it alone. i took pictures earlier. I'm gonna upload them tomorrow and post them up. i'm working on a roll bar now for it. the body is trashed so i think it'll help. I drive it hard and flip it alot. they are cheaper then a tmaxx but i'd still rather have the tmaxx. when this engine goes i'm getting somthing else. No rebuilds on this one. it doesn't go 40+ mph. i've never had enought room to get there. so i'm sure the tmaxx is faster. but whatever it's still fun. Later[8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.