Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Sport Maxx Killer!!!... Thunder King!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Sport Maxx Killer!!!... Thunder King!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 03:35 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sport Maxx Killer!!!... Thunder King!!!

Hi, I just thought I would show off one of my 10scale Nitro Thunder Kings. for those of you that are not familer with these older MRC Baja King / Thunder King kits, they are basicly like a RC/10 GT on steriods. They came factory with the thunder Tiger .21 engine rated at 2.1HP. This 10scale NTK has a 12 inch wheel base (same as a t maxx) and uses any T maxx type body and tires.

This truck is using a pro-line maxx body and tires.

Here are some vid clips of it.

http://www.nitroextreme.com/cars_tru...rototype_2.mov

http://www.nitroextreme.com/cars_tru...rototype_1.mov
Old 03-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sport Maxx Killer!!!... Thunder King!!!

That is a very dated looking chassis layout I have ever seen IMHO, sorry- I don't mean to offend you- I don't see an RC-10GT on steroids- It seriously looks like a garage project to me.

I doubt that would be a Maxx killer by the way- Unless it has a 2 speed and it's geared right. Plus, I am sure that truck has 0% aftermarket support, so parts, stock or custom must be nonexistant. I will keep my Maxx, thanks...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

I have seen one of these before and it would out show any t-maxx without a .21 conversion or 2-speed. Aftermarket parts are over rated for the most part and besides, these things are built like tanks! I wouldn't call it a GT on steroids, but it could definitly hold it's own to a T-maxx.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:29 PM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

it looks like a good made bashing truck but there is no way that it could beat the tmaxx the .25 tmaxx out of the box could smoke it
Old 03-15-2004, 01:54 PM
The Boss

Hi guys, thanx for looking. I am not sure what you mean about "dated looking", its a true pan chassis kit as are ALL performance/race stadium truck products on the market. The Worldscale kits were designed over 13 years ago at they can still go head to head 8scale buggys and run on par with them if not beat many of them. The sport maxx is not even in this trucks leage, the sport maxx won't hold a candle to the Thunder King kit on the track. The Nitro Thunder King was radar tested by Car Action Magazine at 40mph with stock gearing and most importantly... it will do it in less than 5 seconds. Stock for Stock a 13 year old designed Thunder King will BEAT! a EK-4 with a .70 engine in a drag race!!! and I got the magizine radar tests to prove it.

Here it is with the factory stock tires and a stadium truck body. BTW, unlike the sport maxx/t maxx which must have after maket support to keep it running the Thunder King does NOT... this truck was actualy desiged to hold and deal with high .21 engined power.

For those of you who can not see a resemblance between the NTK and other 10scale stadium trucks heres some pics for you, and of coarse there will be some diffrences with using .21 vs .12/.15 engines.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Dale Gribble

It's cool you enjoy it, and I am happy for you- that's all that matters. It just doesn't do anything for me personally.

Thanks for showing it though! It does look very stout.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:10 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

It's unique to say the least, but I would have to see some lap times becuase the layout and design just don't look to me like it would be stable and capable enough on a tight track to outrun my small block truck.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Dale Gribble

The sport maxx is not even in this trucks leage, the sport maxx won't hold a candle to the Thunder King kit on the track
Please list any and all major mains this truck has won, and I will believe you. In the meantime, it's opinion and heresay. I have never even seen one of these trucks on a track personally, and I have never seen one place in a main in magazines I read.

The Worldscale kits were designed over 13 years ago at they can still go head to head 8scale buggys and run on par with them if not beat many of them.
Again, I don't buy it. Prove me wrong. First of all, this truck wouldn't run against 1/8 scale buggies in organized events, and it wouldn't run against Stadium Trucks like the RC-10GT in organized events w/ .21 motor (I say RC10GT because you drew comparisons to it). So head to head would be limited to back yard action only. It could run in MT classes and probably do well though- I have just never seen or heard of it.

This is not a personal attack- if you list races and honors this truck has taken, I will rest my case.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:18 PM
The Boss

Hi guys, thanx for responding, you know I am just poking fun eh?

But on a more serious matter check out these performance radar tests from C/A mag. You can see the NTK kills all!

Old 03-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Dale Gribble

That is dated material. The new 2.5 TMaxx is PROVEN over and over to clock from 43-45MPH from many independent sources. That data was taken from a Maxx with a Pro 15 obviously.

I see old magazine articles, and most of the competition isn't up to date. Put your truck against a 2.5 Maxx, Dominator, or the like, and it will not be as competitive- I'm sorry. Apples and Oranges. I guess it was the top of the heap a while back, but not any longer.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:28 PM
slodsm

Gator, although the top speed is indeed impressive, it takes FOREVER to get there according to that test. If you check out xtreme RC, all of their tests do the same style except the measure 60 ft time from a dead stop, most of the stouter vehicles out there are doing it in about 1.9 to 1.8 and the quicker electrics and nitro's are doing it in 1.6 or so. This thing covered 44 feet from a dead stop in 2 seconds, not to impressive to me. Seems like once it gets past that halfway mark it takes off like crazy because at 3 seconds, it was at 92 feet but off the line, not much.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:37 PM
The Boss

Hi, we have radar tested many new style t maxxes and ALL have radar tested at 38 to 39 mph (and this is more acurate than "clocking"), anyway guys it's realy quite simple... If you are saying that a sport maxx will beat a NTK in a drag race then what you are saying is a stock sport maxx will also beat an .70 engined EK-4 RIGHT lol

The stock Nitro Thunder King comes with a sport pipe muffler and is setup out of the box to be easy to tune an user friendly, by shortening or even changing the pipe the performance can dramaticly increase, I know enough to get much more than a .2 of a second increase LOL.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Dale Gribble

Oh well, I am out of this conversation... Nothing good is going to come from this.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:48 PM
The Boss

BTW, we consitanly run these kits against many of the top 8scale buggys in match races in our club on our 8scale tracks and with a few race mods they consitantly run on par with buggys like the Hyper 7s which are using the Picco 01 engines. The only place we can loose ground to them is in the turns but at time we can make it up in the straights.

Just one more point... If you have not seen this kit up close for real doing it's thing... how could you judge how good or bad it is??? lol
Old 03-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Dale Gribble

no comment... I am trying to refrain here...
Old 03-15-2004, 03:08 PM
The Boss

Hi, on another topic of strength and durability of the STOCK!!! NTK,... many of us use these kits converted to M/T's to use them in our Monster Jam shows jumping 4 (four) fullsize cars over and over for 30,00+ people to see over a weekend.

Here is a test jump for the M/J show of a (brand new at that time) STOCK NTK jumping over two ford vans.
http://www.nitroextreme.com/cars_tru...s/jump_two.mov

And here it is jumping the 4 fullsize cars over and over at the M/J show (vid clip in the middle of slide show).

http://www.rcpics.net/media/nitro_jam_04.wmv
Old 03-15-2004, 03:20 PM
R/C Madman

That was one fine jump! Just so we are clear he is comparing a "Sport Maxx" not a "T-Maxx". The Sport Maxx only has a single speed tranny and hit around 30mph. I like the old school MT!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
braden.r productions

The NTK is an awesome truck. It did jump those cars more than once and survived the whole session. The NTK is in my opinion faster than a sportmaxx and tuffer. Considering the NTK won the tuff truck thing in my opinion
Old 03-16-2004, 01:28 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rcpro-123

it looks like a good made bashing truck but there is no way that it could beat the tmaxx the .25 tmaxx out of the box could smoke it
A t-maxx does not come stock with a .25, it is a 2.5 which is just another way of saying .15 (one is in CC and the other in Inches) I will not dispute that the TRX 2.5 is a good engine, I have one in my RC10GT and LOVE it. BUt it is still not going to out run a .21 engine in that truck. I do believe that I have seen a .21 conversion for the t-maxx, put that in a maxx, and then we can compare the two.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:01 AM
pimpin_rc

sport maxx or tmaxx.. pro .15 or new 2.5... it still doesnt compete with a NTK.. these trucks were made in 1991! and still can compete and outrun tmaxxes and pretty much any other MT... even some 8 scales... this truck doesnt need aftermarket.. it has everything a truck needs already on it from the factory.. and just the fact that its a 13 yr old kit and still competes today and beats alot of mt's.. and is DEFFINATLY stronger than 99% of other trucks is really amazing.. i love mine and will never sell them.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:09 AM
rcpro-123

wow that truck realy looks like it sucks
Old 03-17-2004, 01:13 AM
rcpro-123

just joking i dont know now after i saw the jump i think if the tmaxx done that you could say bye bye to the bulk heads.But it seems like a good truck but the chassis look like out of date but some times old works better than new
Old 03-17-2004, 01:23 AM
ThermalRD

Gator, take a good look at this useless thread you started. Did you expect anything good to come from a thread titled "sportmaxx killer". You directly put down another VERY popular truck in the TITLE. Maybe you failed to realize that. This thread is no better than any of the maxx vs savage threads. Completely useless. You could have posted pics of that truck without the flaming title.

Matt
Old 03-17-2004, 03:58 AM
The Boss

Thermal, what is your problem?, god forbid someone says anything about a Traxxas product lol, as you can see this thread is in the general M/T forum NOT in the T maxx forum. Anyway the title of my post is FACT!!! and not a flame. Some of you maxx people truly amaze me... IT'S A TOY!!! LOL, we are not insulting anyones mother lol, some people act as if it were a life and death issue lol... IT"S A TOY!!! and regardles VS threads are part of human nature, Ford VS Chev and so on lol.

I think you "maxx" guys are just sore that your kits are not what you think they are lol... they are NOT the BEST, they are not the WORST... they are a 10scale TOY! lol great for kids and beginers to spend money on upgrading.

Anyway on topic, as far as the jumping goes, the first two years of our Monster Jam show we let a limited number of t maxx kits in the show and they ALL did poorly in the event compaired to the other 8scale kits in the show breaking drive line/supesion parts as you mentioned rcpro, bulks, cvds, tranys, shocks, body mounts... honestly the .21 maxx converted kits did the worse in breaking parts compaired to the stock engined kits.I guess to much power for a truck that was never designed for that type of power.

BTW Thermal, if you were so put off by the title... why did you even come in this thread lol. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 03-17-2004, 04:19 AM
The Boss

you know tonight I was thinking it would be nice to put a full page add in Xtreme magazine, my idea is this...

!!!!!! NITRO THUNDER KING !!!!!!

!!!!!! THE BEST THERE IS !!!!!!

!!!!!! THE BEST THERE EVER WAS !!!!!!

!!!!!! THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE !!!!!!

AND NO!!! YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE

BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR FREINDS AND ENEMYS AT WWW.NITROEXTREME.COM

PLEASE SEND YOUR COMMENTS AND DEATH THREATS TO NITRO EXTREME AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO GET BACK TO YOU.

what do you guys think???
[signature]

STICKS AND STONES may break my bones (and guns may even kill me) but WORDS will never hurt me.[/signature]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.