RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just starting out

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 08:21 AM
rdhaynes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just starting out

Hello all,

I am new to the C Monster Truck world. I'm sure I am opening a can of worms but what is the best truck out there to get. I am seriously thinking about the HPI Savaeg SS. But I am not sure if this is the one to go with. I am thinking that I would be very interested in getting in to racing these things and have no clue if this would be considered race worthy? I appreciate any info you guys can provide!

-Ryan
Old 03-20-2004, 12:31 PM
mecky33

Default RE: Just starting out

The best truck all depends on what you want to do with it, what scale you want, how big of an engine you want, etc. etc. etc. I personally like my Cen MT2. its a 1/10th scale MT that is capable of 45+ out of the box. Its RTR so you will be out and running pretty quick. It is also very easy to work on and very durable. If you want more info go to www.cenracing.com or let me know.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:33 PM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

i just ordered my TQ, but the best cheapest trucks are prob the Cen Fun Factor mt2 or Duratrax Thunder Quake..my 2 cents
Old 03-20-2004, 02:18 PM
rdhaynes

Thanks for the info, I am looking for a truck that will allow me the ability to get into racing. I would hate to invest in a monster truck and then get laughed at the track. I also would like any info on racing these bad boys. I am completly new to the RC Truck world and Im not even sure if there are people racing these things.

-Ryan
Old 03-20-2004, 11:21 PM
mecky33

Hmmmm... If you are looking for something that will work well at the track the the Cen would be your truck. It will beat a T-maxx or savage unless they are heavily modded. As has been proven by the many races that the cen trucks have run in. Take a look at their site and let me know if you have any questions. I have an MT2 and know quite a bit about them.

Also with you being new, the Cen is a very forgiving truck. It is easy to tune and easy to work on. I was new to nitro when I got my truck and it was so easy to work with. If you know anything about cars in general you should have no problems with a nitro.