Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HPI MT NITRO

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 04:14 PM
rc@hockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI MT NITRO

Hey,i can get one for cheap, I heard that its good etc. A few questions. A is it worth gettin a two speed??? Or should i plan to get a better engine. Will it be good enough to jump, onto pavement, or should i stay away from that?
Andrew
Old 03-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Grantothismo

Default RE: HPI MT NITRO

I've got an MT2 and love it so far.

I heard that there were some weak points to the MT suspesion that were addressed in the new one. The lower suspension arms look muck beefier and the shocks are off the savage. It also has the better engine, still a .15, but with a better carb.

I backyard bash and have jumped mine onto pavement. They have a tendency to bottom out, so you will scratch the you know what out of the plate.

I would stay away from the 2 speed. Some people love them, but for backyard bashing how much spee do you need.

Maybe you need alot.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Spudnik

if you want to bash go with the savage. it can handle the grass better. if that is not in your price range then the nmt2 is still a great truck to have.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 PM
rc@hockey

i heard the top speed was like 35mph, is that true. What would a 2.5 engine produce, top speed wise? I am gettin an HPI MT, like pretty much posotive.
Andrew