Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Power Racing Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
northarcticdean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Racing Raptor

This thread still active? Any Raptor owners left? I made some major changes... Added Monster Pirate tires, A 220 Titanium Gear Steering Servo... 6V 3000 battery from the Baja5 1/5 buggy. The pirate tires added a scale... It's probably a 1/7th now. And a custom painted Camaro body. I have an extra Raptor and looking at the steering... The front and rear are interchangeable, only front has linkage. I'm thinking about adding another rear servo and linkage and making it 4 wheel steering. I like the earlier post about getting rid of the electronics tray. All my pegs broke and it's rubber banded together. I do need some expert help about gearing down for the larger tires... Added a 14 tooth clutch bell down from 16, but that's just a guesstimate... It's a little slower, heavier from the tires, but still climbs the walls in the gravel pits. More of a Monster truck now than a racer. Have a brand new Picco .28 3.2HP and a JP-3 pipe, but don't know if the Raptor is worthy yet. It may end up in the CEN Arena instead, but it could double the power if I put it in. Maybe for a Bash or two, I'll transfer it over. It's winter again here in Alaska though, so Project and rebuild time.

Saw the Q about the spur gear... I used the metal one from the Savage and made it fit. You'll need the Savage slipper pads too, they're not the same shape.

Add a post if anyone reads this and I'll work on posting some pics...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 AM
madtruck1

anybody still have one?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Paul1981

I still have one, but it's in bits at the moment though.  I stripped it down completely last summer to service the diffs and gearbox, and also to fit some CPV alloy parts I bought, but the I realised that the gearbox casing was worn where the brake arm inserts which was giving me poor braking.  Schumacher (who distributed the Raptor for Nanda/Power Racing) never have the spares in stock, and nitrorcx has never bothered to answer any of my e-mails about shipping the equivalent Mad Beast parts to the UK.  I'm thinking about either bracing the arm by attaching something to the left TVP, or modding the brakes completely:  I have an old Hyper 8.5 brake system lying around which has a much better mechanism, but I've got to have a think about how I can build it into the chassis.

Do you have any problems with tuning?  I pulled out the factory-fitted Toki 27 and put a Surefire 32 in, but it never seems to hold a tune properly.  Someone told me that the 270cc tank suffers from mid-tank lean due to its size and that maybe I should consider fitting a Perry Pump to pump the fuel without having to rely on exhaust back-pressure, but I don't know enough about them and how they work.  Have you had to mod yours at all?
Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

maybe...................
Old 01-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Paul1981

ORIGINAL: Ybenjulkay2x

maybe...................
?????

AWESOME input there, thanks...
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
bedman

hi paula1981 just wondering if by any chance you a lower arm for the raptor spare/for sale i would pay a good price

cheers
Old 01-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

ORIGINAL: Paul1981

maybe...................
?????

AWESOME input there, thanks... [img][/img]
it is my reply to madtruck.
for parts you may check RDlogics, maybe they still carry parts for Raptor, they call it Wolverine.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Paul1981

maybe...................
?????

AWESOME input there, thanks... [img][/img]
it is my reply to madtruck.
for parts you may check RDlogics, maybe they still carry parts for Raptor, they call it Wolverine.
Sorry bud! I thought you were replying to me! I've had a look for Wolverine parts too, but that's even older than any of the Mad Beast variants. Parts are impossible to find in Europe because no one seems to import RDLogics or Exceed. I'm not keen to try nitrorcx or Exceed's site either because they don't seem to have the best reputation from comments I've seen on here.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Paul1981

ORIGINAL: bedman

hi paula1981 just wondering if by any chance you a lower arm for the raptor spare/for sale i would pay a good price

cheers
I got all this available:

http://forum.racing-cars.com/forum_p...TID=9750&PN=15

Have a look through, see if you want anything else...
Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 AM
bedman

hi mate id like one lower arm but would buy a pair pma2043 could you tell me how much plus postage cheers would you take paypal
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

Wow is this a blast from the past...
i agree with paul1981 as i had to grab a few things from the
schumacher site before i sold mine...

ORIGINAL: bedman

cheers
I got all this available:

http://forum.racing-cars.com/forum_p...TID=9750&PN=15

Have a look through, see if you want anything else...