fhm101

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New MT Tire From Panther

Anyone seen this new tire from Panther? It ran for the first time last sunday in Jax FL and has already been banned from the Pro Line Maxx Challenge. It fits stock size E and T maxx wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47335.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	116675  
Old 03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New MT Tire From Panther

What truck atre those on?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:28 PM
fhm101

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A prototype Crono. I've been told they will be available as an RTR from Crono in the near future.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:21 AM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi, if any of you are interested in another low profile 8scale race tire, many of our club members here use the worlds8scale MRC race tires on our 8scale kits when we race on our club tracks. Here is some more info.

MRC has two types of pin spike tires that will fit any Dominator rim, Blazer rim, T maxx rim or any other rim that is made for Savage/T maxx type tires. These tires are a low profile natural rubber race tire with extra internal support ribs. the tires are about 5inches tall by about 2.5 inches wide and weigh just over 100 grams ea. Using these tires on a truggy conversion will give you excellent bite, far better than ANY buggy spike and you will NOT have to change your gearing using the MRC tires!. I have used these tires on many 8scale kits and they hook up fantastic! and ride on the track as if the kit were on rails!

MRC has a fine pin spike version part# 9627005 $24.00 a pair and a course pin spike version part# 9627006 $23.00 a pair (which is shown in pics), I like the big spikes myself. You can buy these tires direct from MRC, just call them with part numbers ready and they will send them right to your home door.You can also order them from any hobby store that deals DIRECT with MRC.

Here are the MRC 8scale race pin spike tires on stock 8scale truck rims from left to right, Dominator, Blazer, T maxx, Thunder king. For compairison the tires laying on there sides are, ofna Dominator oval spike, MRC "big" pin spike, ofna Hyper7 pin spike

This is my 8scale Pirate M-3 buggy converted to a truggy using blazer wheels with MRC big pin spike tires. This kit runs fantastic with the stock gearing.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 AM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now thats taking the term truggy a little too far for my taste. You may as well just buy an 8th scale buggy instead of a truck, or truggy, and just mount a truck body on it. Lowering a truck is one thing, but the tiny tires really take away from the monster truck feel.

Matt
Old 03-30-2004, 09:57 PM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well these are not realy monster truck tires, these tires are refered to as 8scale stadium truck tires. I think that if you want to keep buggy type performance with a truck type tire, these type of stadium truck tires are the ones that can offer more performance, thats why companys like, Hong Nor, MRC, Carson, Sinyih, Kyosho and looks like Crono to name a few make 8scale stadium truck tires.