14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

PICCO 26 VS MACH 26

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 06:34 PM
azrctruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PICCO 26 VS MACH 26

Has anyone run picco 26 against the Mach 26 I am aware that the Mach 26 is a sh taiwan copy of a italian engine how well do they run what is your feedback
Old 04-01-2004, 09:07 PM
04TMAXX

Default RE: PICCO 26 VS MACH 26

i dont know how it does against the picco, but i have seen one of the mach .26's on a buddies maxx and it flies!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Mxracer45

For performance the picco hands down
Old 04-01-2004, 10:06 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

the mach is definately not a copy. i have owned a picco (briefly) and own a mach. (un-run) so i guess i am not much help! lol

well here are my thoughts on the 2

the mach has more aggressive porting, bigger head, easier tune, more reliable out of the box

picco is very torquey, may require a little more to get running....ie sealing the carb and backplate, and a good inspection of the carb

both are very good choices. i went w/ the mach so that i could run my custom head and i also have it ported

bubbafien
Old 04-02-2004, 09:46 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoever said picco is faster hands down...have you raced these motors???as the Picco is not faster, or do you say this because you like the Picco?? as on other boards those who have raced a XTM pro against the PIcco the XTM has been faster
Old 04-02-2004, 12:51 PM
azrctruck

I know that the mach 26 is a copy a replica of the XTM 24.7 just a little bigger. Its is made by the same company that make the mach sh engines. I know people are raving how great the xtm are but make me wonder taiwan quality vs the Italian quality. I have heard great things about the mach How easy to tune it is and ho reliable it is. I have heard great things about both engines. I have also heard that the mach has a better power band and easier to tune, the picco is suppose to be on off power.I am just curious if anyone has raced a mach 26 or xtm 24.7 against a picco 26 same car same gearing. I just keep hearing that the xtm 24.7 pro same as the Mach 26 just smaller piston and sleeve is outperforming the Picco 26. I know the picco is rated at 37,000 and the xtm at 31,000 rpm so I just wonder who is over rated or under rated.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:17 PM
rcblaze

You beat me to the punch I love these threads. Hello, so many factors to consider when trying to compare engines or anything for that matter. Same gearing same car for starter's. Has anyone done this? No theory's fellas just the fact's. Ok how about this we compare them over the Internet using the math we learned and some of you are still learning in school. Some one refresh my memory. I have the Picco .26 in a Dominator with 65/16. Who has the mach .26 with the same ratio? Ah pipe combo might have something to do with it also right? I'm running the 069 right now. Well thats a start anyone up to settling this. I have vested interest in this one. Reason being I use to be a cut the corner guy on enigne's. You all know what I'm talking about the guy who buy's a 8p hyper and thinks it some how is on the level of a RB 7. LOL Not going to happen. I found out the hard way what I already knew after many engines that you get what you pay for just as with anything else. If it's cheap it's cheap for a reason. Nuff said. Next
Old 04-02-2004, 02:02 PM
SH ByA

I have had both the Picco .26 and the XTM 24/7 in my Savage. the Picco will outperform the XTM easily (not the 24/7 Pro. I havent used it so I cant make a compairason)But with the Picco I get alot more torque and an awsome whole shot with stock gearing. As for performance the Picco is way stronger than the 24/7.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:10 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

manufacturesrs rated rpm makes no impact on performance, without dyno charts it means sqaut......a truckzilla is rated at 24000, a trx 15 is at over 40 k...the truckzilla is way faster...Rated rpm by these companys is all speculation, and each company may have different standards as well