Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

gear connected to engine not spinning

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

gear connected to engine not spinning

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 04:10 AM
nitrobashinauz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gear connected to engine not spinning

sorry for the vague title, but i dn't know what the gear is called (not the flywheel, the gear at the end that connects to the spur).
well here's whats happened. My brother's kyosho dodge ram isn't working too well lately, like when you roll it an press throttle on the radio (this is just like a normal car rolling, as without pressing throttle the gears aren't connected) the car will stop rolling. however with my rush i can roll it and it won't stop, just like the kyosho used to. also, when i start the kyosho, it will start fine but when i give it throttle, it dies (not too rich). so i think it all has something to do with the gear that comes off the engine not spinning, because on my rush it spins fine, however on the kyosho when i spin the gear it will try and turn the engine, that is why it will not roll. i took the engine apart a bit and attached some pictures, and i think i found the culprit. it is kind of tattered. have a look at the pictures and see if you can tell me if thats the problem, thanks.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Superscott

Default RE: gear connected to engine not spinning

What pictures? Are you talking about the clutch "bell"? Are your clutch shoes melted? If they are the brake could be draging. Post the pics and I will have a better idea what you are talking about.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:13 AM
nitrobashinauz

Default RE: gear connected to engine not spinning

pics aren't workin, but i fixed it anyway, thanks