Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

READ THIS I NEED HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 08:01 PM
sarpiparpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default READ THIS I NEED HELP PLEASE

ok i have a savage 25 n i dont think its fast enoughh for me i need like wheelies and a lot faster without changing the engine and im new so please explain what you write because i may not understand I WANT MY SAVAGE FASTER N SOME WHEELIES [>:]

and should i change following stuff to aliminum:
-upper arm(camber link)
-shock towers
-body posts
-fuel tank protector
-lower arms
-engine plate and otjer plates to protect under the truck

or wut ellse should i get?

please help me!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:03 PM
HondaCRX

Default RE: READ THIS I NEED HELP PLEASE

buy a t maxx!... juust playing, why dont you gear it down?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:23 PM
sarpiparpi

wut u mean gear it down?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:26 PM
mecky33

He means change the gear ratio to favor more low end torque. But doing so will sacrifice speed. If you change the gears to favor more speed, then you will lose some off the line accleration, but you will have a higher speed. Your other option it so change the first gear to favor low end torque, and the second gear for speed. The down side to this would be a really tall (slow acceleration) second gear and it would take a long time to get up to speed, but you could pull wheelies.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:15 AM
sarpiparpi

and how about the things i listed like lower and upper arms protection crap n all that stuff?[&:]
and would it get faster after like 7 tanks i only used it for like 3-3.5 tanks
Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 AM
matster

You need to run the engine in properly first, then start tuning. It will pull wheelies as a stock truck providing it is tuned correctly.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:28 AM
kimberklr

wll i'm alittle confused.you stated it wasn't fast enough for you then in the next sentance you say you want to add a ton of aluminum.adding all that aluminum will do nothing for speed except lower it.
as for the engine,give it a chance.the motor isn't even broken in yet.finish breaking it in and get your first gallon through it before you start judgeing it.its still really tight yet(err least it should be) and i doubt you have the tune down yet with such a new motor.once you break it all the way in and have it tuned properly then make your decision.you could always add a better air filter/pipe combo for alittle more performance.
my buddie has about a half a gallon thru his and its starting to come on now.before spending all that money on things you probably wdont need how about upgradeing tires,servo saver, and steering servo first.that will make a big difference in handleing.on thing we noticed about the savage since adding it to our stable is the handleing is way off compared to our maxxes.those mods should get you close.also have you done the diff mods yet?unless you plan on rebuilding them soon i'd spend acouple bucks and some time to fix them.[link=http://www.savage-central.com/article28.html]heres[/link] what to do.also save [link=http://www.savage-central.com/]this[/link] site to your favorites.one of the best for savages. and finaly if you really feel the need to spend some cash on it read [link=http://www.savage-central.com/article29.html]this[/link] article on strenghtening the savage.

good luck and congrates,its an awesome truck.even coming from a maxx owner.[X(]
Old 04-06-2004, 02:46 PM
sarpiparpi

thank yall whjo answered specially kimberklr
Old 04-06-2004, 08:27 PM
DirtDriver89

like he said if you want more speed dont add all that weight and for weelies and low ed acceleration you want to get a larger spur gear and a smaller clutch bell and vise versa for top speed
Old 04-06-2004, 08:43 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

It's sounds like a tuning problem, a box stock Savage will wheelie. I read in the HPI web site forum, someone asked a similar question. The HPI tech responded by saying something like, they could have easliy changed some weight distribution and made it wheelie every time for anyone. The truck will handle and drive much better balanced the way it is, and all 4 on the ground. I suggest you get some help tuning the engine, and don't waste to much money on after market parts.