Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Traxxas REVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 11:21 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas REVO

Apparently the Traxxas fans just dont feel that way. That Traxxas site was swamped with traffic at the thought of a new MT from them. The Revo site has more traffic than any other MT site, or forum. Obviously the 2.5 isnt that bad if they have such a huge following of users. It doesnt matter what truck, or brand of rc you like, theres no denying that Traxxas has already won over the public with that Revo. That Revo will outsell anything, and everything released this year.

Matt

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

I cant believe they stuck with the TRX 2.5, they really dropped the ball not putting a big block in that truck. At this point the 2.5 has such a bad rep on the street that all the marketing in the world wont overcome it. And what the heck is the deal with the gas tank hanging below the chassis... That will last about 10 minutes in real bashing. Did traxxas really need another 1/10th scale truck?
Old 04-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Cal-Torque

"Apparently the Traxxas fans just dont feel that way."
Well, of course if you're a "Traxxas fan"...that only makes sense, and there are a lot Traxxas fans out there as it is outdoubtedly the #1 selling MT (although I'm confident in saying that HPI has been kicking butt lately).
"It doesnt matter what truck, or brand of rc you like, theres no denying that Traxxas has already won over the public with that Revo. That Revo will outsell anything, and everything released this year." What's the purpose in making a statement like that? First of all, it's totally unsupported by any fact, and secondly, you're just inciting anyone with a different OPINION than you to start a flame war... It's like threads that are titled "TMaxx Killer"...totally pointless and emotional.
I'm warming up to this truck, but I really don't like the "Traxxas rules" mentality. It's just a truck, not a cure for cancer. People get way too wrapped up in the hype and brand loyalty, and forget that this is just a hobby.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:09 AM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

just a hobby ....no its a sport
Old 04-11-2004, 12:20 AM
ThermalRD

There is a button known as the "QUOTE" button. It would make that post ALOT easier to read. I never intended on starting a flame by my post. Im a savage owner, i love my savage. Fact is, there are more Traxxas owners, and no RC truck has created as much excitement as that new Traxxas.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

"Apparently the Traxxas fans just dont feel that way."
Well, of course if you're a "Traxxas fan"...that only makes sense, and there are a lot Traxxas fans out there as it is outdoubtedly the #1 selling MT (although I'm confident in saying that HPI has been kicking butt lately).
"It doesnt matter what truck, or brand of rc you like, theres no denying that Traxxas has already won over the public with that Revo. That Revo will outsell anything, and everything released this year." What's the purpose in making a statement like that? First of all, it's totally unsupported by any fact, and secondly, you're just inciting anyone with a different OPINION than you to start a flame war... It's like threads that are titled "TMaxx Killer"...totally pointless and emotional.
I'm warming up to this truck, but I really don't like the "Traxxas rules" mentality. It's just a truck, not a cure for cancer. People get way too wrapped up in the hype and brand loyalty, and forget that this is just a hobby.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Cal-Torque

ORIGINAL: ZAD

just a hobby ....no its a sport
How many organized races are there in Prince George? Regardless, I would take a guess that 99% of people that own RCs would classify it as a hobby, not a sport. I guess if you're a racer, then maybe it's a sport, but the majority of us are bashers...
Thermal, yes, I knew there was a "QUOTE" button smartazz. LOL It's only logical that the first mass marketed MT would have the largest following, and therefore create a big buzz when they introduce something new. Kudos to Traxxas for their marketing; it's top notch. The Revo pages are outstanding, and the wealth of info on it is great. It really makes CEN look like amateurs...which I guess they are, but they could have hired experts in that field...
Old 04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
cj100570

Everytime I come to RCU the same epeople always seem to be involved in name calling, accusation throwing and all around bad conduct. What is the matter with you people? Grow up already! Why is it people can't voice their "opinion" without being attacked? The last time I checked forums were for people to share ideas and views.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Cal-Torque

ORIGINAL: cj100570

Everytime I come to RCU the same epeople always seem to be involved in name calling, accusation throwing and all around bad conduct. What is the matter with you people? Grow up already! Why is it people can't voice their "opinion" without being attacked? The last time I checked forums were for people to share ideas and views.
Whatever...loser... LOL Just kidding.
I agree, BUT when you combine a lot of different personalities with the fact that everyone is basically anonymous, it tends to bring out the worst in people. Guaranteed that if we were all face to face in the local hobby shop, half of these things wouldn't be said. Is that good or bad? Is it better that people are thinking things, but not saying them to your face? It's kind of good to let it all hang out, as long as it doesn't resort to personal attacks that are unrelated to the topic. I thought that this was pretty tame so far... I was just pointing out things that Thermal maybe never considered when he posted. IMO, his reply was not ignorant, and my rebuttal was all in fun.
Anyways...this is way off topic, and too deep for RC talk.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:32 AM
G1GY

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

I cant believe they stuck with the TRX 2.5, they really dropped the ball not putting a big block in that truck. At this point the 2.5 has such a bad rep on the street that all the marketing in the world wont overcome it. And what the heck is the deal with the gas tank hanging below the chassis... That will last about 10 minutes in real bashing. Did traxxas really need another 1/10th scale truck?
i made the mistake of listening to people who know absolutely nothing about rc's once, so i advice others not to do the same, and ignore you
If what you say is true, your telling others to ignore you.

Funny that when you don't agree with the opinion of someone else you choose to say that they "know absolutely nothing about rc's".

Avalanche is not the only one who is disapointed to see Traxxas come out with yet another small block truck. Before Traxxas released the 2.5 boards all over the net where a buzz with the Traxxas groupies guessing that it was going to be a big block 1/8 scale truck. People where waiting for a real lion and when it was released they got a lamb. Now I'm not saying the Revo is a dud (because I haven't seen it run yet), but if history holds true this truck is going to need a whole lot of aftermarket support to make it usefull.

So by telling others to ignore someone because you don't share the same opinion as they do, just shows your ignorance and need to be ignored.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:54 AM
newbie003

i was reading traxxas web and saw that the revo will be shown at the rcx on 23-25.thankx god i live in LA cause im going there yay[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 04-11-2004, 03:11 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

I have no desire to go through here and edit out all of your posts so I will say this one time and one time only, one more personal attack on another member or one more flame bait post from any side of this argument, this thread will be deleted. You have all been warned, keep it civil. No one has even seen this thing yet, it could revolutionize everything like they claim and it could be the biggest humk of garbage ever produced. Keep it civil since all of you are equally in the dark about performance and reliability of this truck as the next guy.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 AM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: G1GY

i made the mistake of listening to people who know absolutely nothing about rc's once, so i advice others not to do the same, and ignore you

Funny that when you don't agree with the opinion of someone else you choose to say that they "know absolutely nothing about rc's".

Avalanche is not the only one who is disapointed to see Traxxas come out with yet another small block truck. Before Traxxas released the 2.5 boards all over the net where a buzz with the Traxxas groupies guessing that it was going to be a big block 1/8 scale truck. People where waiting for a real lion and when it was released they got a lamb. Now I'm not saying the Revo is a dud (because I haven't seen it run yet), but if history holds true this truck is going to need a whole lot of aftermarket support to make it usefull.

So by telling others to ignore someone because you don't share the same opinion as they do, just shows your ignorance and need to be ignored.
Caseyddr is the original uber critic that actually knows less than he accuses everyone else of knowing. You'll notice his posts lack any technical knowlage and consist mainly of name calling and flame baits. He is a pretty twisted individual. I have a couple trucks, one of them being a Tmaxx withthe Sirio, so I know first hand of the garbage that the TRX 2.5 is. Also, like I said whats with the gas tank exposed and what looks like hanging BELOW the chassis?
Old 04-11-2004, 08:02 AM
R/C Madman

Amen Avalanche! I don't like the idea of a LED tranny and it being electronic controled. Just more things to go wrong IMO.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:36 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

nothing you say is true when you continue to say the 2.5 is garbage. Only people I hear complain are amatuer tuners. If you dont have patience with a motor, then DONT GO NITRO. Avalanche, I suggest you sell your trucks and go buy yourself a mini-Z or something because you sound 100% lazy.

Why must a truck have a big block to be good? Big block has nothign to do with the quality of the truck. I've said it on another topic and I'll say it here. The 2.5 motor will tear up any RTR motor on the market when racing in the MT Class. Only RTR motor outside of the MT class that could beat it is the Rossis that come with the SVM's! Avalanche, G1GLY, you guys really need to get some personal experience or read more before you accuse some1 whos been in this hobby longer than you of knowing 'nothing'.

ORIGINAL: G1GY

Caseyddr is the original uber critic that actually knows less than he accuses everyone else of knowing. You'll notice his posts lack any technical knowlage and consist mainly of name calling and flame baits. He is a pretty twisted individual. I have a couple trucks, one of them being a Tmaxx withthe Sirio, so I know first hand of the garbage that the TRX 2.5 is. Also, like I said whats with the gas tank exposed and what looks like hanging BELOW the chassis?
Old 04-11-2004, 12:57 PM
slodsm

Stick a fork in this one, its done. Act like adults guys, you don't have to agree on everything but the means of communication needs work.