Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

S.U.T. PRO

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 10:47 AM
muad dib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.U.T. PRO

Look at this SUT pro, I assume they had a buggy and bought the pro conversion. Looks awesome. Mine is almost done but will have different body, tires/wheels, pipe etc.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31933.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	119992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24391.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	119993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20753.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	119994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg99083.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	119995  
Old 04-08-2004, 10:57 AM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: S.U.T. PRO

i love it
Old 04-08-2004, 01:04 PM
rcblaze

Very nice truck. How does it perform?
Old 04-08-2004, 01:29 PM
fhm101

Performance is very good. The truck is a tad on the heavy side, but a decent 21 is still plenty of power. I've done several Storm Pro buggy to SUT conversions and every one that has one loves it.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:47 PM
slodsm

Very nice, I am seriously considering building one of them if the new T truck doesn't add up. I will have to wait and see but having owned a Storm Pro in 2002, I know they build a stout enough drivetrain to hold RB power which is enough for me.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:29 AM
muad dib

I say forget the "T" truck because in about 6 months everyone and their mom's cousin is going to have one. Every noob who hasn't researched before buying is going to have one as well. Not that being a noob is bad but that is exactly who "t" markets to. I think the S.U.T is a more intelligent buy. You can have a very capable truck and a very capable buggy with the same purchase. Most of the Revo buyers will get sucked into buying "hop Ups" to either A, make the truck more durable or perform better or B, just to add their own personal flare to their truck. The whole monster truck thing is getting out of control. Two steering servos shocks in the trunk, shocks on the shocks. The MT industry is the big cash crop and they are just releasing or advertising anything that looks innovative. Im not presuming to know how the Revo will perform, it may vary well be the pinnacle of MT's but if you want a "truck" i.e. big tires and rough terrain capabilities but at the same time want something that handles on a track than a converted buggy is the ultimate prize. All of the so called MT's aren't even modeled after real monster trucks. Id take half of a SUT than anything Traxxas made. Traxxas seems to be all about sell sell sell sell sell. Yes, all business's should aim to sell but in a market based on competition "T" seems like a bunch of hot air. Maybe I'm just cynical, and true I just wrote a 400 word essay on a remote contol toy car but, I'm lonely and have nothing else. The S.U.T. pro looks the best bang for the buck, the best bang for extra bucks, period. Now I'm turning into a brand slave. Traxxas just seems like the Backstreet boys and HPI, GS, OFNA, Losi, AE etc seem more like Elvis or the Misfits, whatever revolutionary'progressive band you wanna use as an analogy. I'm done

Coors Light
Old 04-09-2004, 05:51 AM
slodsm

Don't hold it in man, tell us how you really feel lmao. I agree that it is marketed to kids and it is not a superior product stock. I continue to purchase them year after year becuase for little money, if done right, you can make one wicked fast machine that handle like its on rails. I still want a Truggy though because unlimited class is where the power is at to me.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:51 AM
muad dib

LOL, I wasn't in the best shape when I wrote that. I guess I was venting. You have a point I assume that just like the T-maxx you could modify with smart hop-ups and make it great, relatively cheap. I guess Id rather support a lesser known/hyped company with better products IMPSHO (in my purely subjective humble opinion). Get a SUT though, so have another one to look at that doesn't look like the one in the ad. Everybody buy a SUT, make the world beautiful again. HA