Evader 53

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Which truck???

I have a DuraTrax nitro evader and am now ready to move up to Monster trucks.
I have a friend with a Savage 25 but from what he tells me it is not fast at all and is more for slow off road terrain, does anybody know how fast the savage 25 somes rtr without any hop-ups?

Really, I don't think I want a savage 25 so does anybody know a good quality monster truck that has both speed, manuverability, 4wd, and good for heavy offroading?
Old 04-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Skagen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Which truck???

If you are looking to do some heavy off-roading I would go with the Monster GT. It's a very durable truck. I can't say anything about the Savage because I've never seen one go but most people love the truck. I would wait a little and see what comes out. You have the Mammoth, Monster GT, Losi LST, TNX coming soon too.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

speed and the ability to do heavy offroading isnt really a common combination... if you want speed, you can try out the mammoth or the t-maxx... the problem with these is that you will probably break a lot of parts... a friend of mine is going to get a mad force... i hear its strong and it goes 43+ mph... the problem is that its kinda clunky and has poor manuverability... the MGT is ok too... not exactly the fastest though... im not sure about any CEN trucks, but i hear those are good... you might want to look at the hot bodies dirt demon... i dont know much about it, but i think its one of the faster ones out there...
Old 04-08-2004, 03:10 PM
DKD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the savage may not be the fastest but its a lot of fun
Old 04-08-2004, 05:17 PM
sarpiparpi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ya i love my savage
Old 04-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Crazy_Coconuts

speed and the ability to do heavy offroading isnt really a common combination... if you want speed, you can try out the mammoth or the t-maxx... the problem with these is that you will probably break a lot of parts... a friend of mine is going to get a mad force... i hear its strong and it goes 43+ mph... the problem is that its kinda clunky and has poor manuverability... the MGT is ok too... not exactly the fastest though... im not sure about any CEN trucks, but i hear those are good... you might want to look at the hot bodies dirt demon... i dont know much about it, but i think its one of the faster ones out there.
The dirt demon actually is infact pretty slow. The mgt isa the slowest. 32 mph. He's looking for speed. ANd no, the mammoth aint gonna break at all. The only downfall of the mammoth are the shock towers which can still take sa pretty decent bdeating. The mammoth does 52mph so you will blow the doors off the savage. Even though the savge is prolly 1 of the toughest trucks out there. I say the xtm because of its amazing price, it far over handles the savage, much faster, and a more powerful much more reliable user friendly engine. Plus the XTM has great customer support!
Old 04-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

And as mecky33 says " cen- more car for less money". CEN has a prett dang decent truck also. The cen mt2. Great price, good speed, and handles pretty well on the track. But its a 1/10 scale. Savage,mgt,mammoth and other 1/8 scale mt's are pretty goodf bit bigger.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i disagree, the savage has plastic..i recommend the xtm mammoth, cheaper, stronger and faster..its only $369.99
Old 04-08-2004, 06:24 PM
vizaracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sn0wrider

i disagree, the savage has plastic..i recommend the xtm mammoth, cheaper, stronger and faster..its only $369.99
plastic doesnt mean anything. it means a lighter truck and better durability in some cases. also cheaper to replace. the savage is not all plastic. and metal bends. when it bends since a truck that is all aluminum (like yours) will break easier on impact because it will have no flex like plastic and will bend or snap the aluminum. the plastic also provides a "weak link" so that when you crash, you dont break a expensive part. and the control arms and stuff on the savage (plastic) held up to a 45 mph crash into a tree so i would say that plastic is pretty dam (censored for kids) strong.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:26 PM
sn0wrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

gear wise...dont be a smartass..get online![>:]
Old 04-08-2004, 06:31 PM
vizaracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

its good to have a plastic spur gear. it provides a weak link for something else that could break thats more expensive. like the tranny.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:03 PM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Evader, whats your budget? what trucks you should be looking at are all dependent on that. The Cen MT2 is a good, inexpensive, fast truck. But as MX said, its 1/10 scale so major offroading might be a challenge. one of the 1/8th scale trucks may be more to your liking, but if you want info on the Cen MT2 let me know.

And snowrider, plastic doesnt mean squat. Most "plastic" on RC's is actually a composite. On the MT2 because I have experience with it, the A arms are composite. They are very strong, but very flexible when enough pressure is applied. I have hit so many things with one A arm at high speeds its not even funny. And the only thing I have ever broken in one of these accidents are diff cups because the dog bone or CVD gets shoved in to them and it pried them apart.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:37 PM
bill61

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

vizaracer;
I was with you until you said that plastic gears are better. I wouldn't have a nitro vehicle with plastic gears. I think they are just too weak for the amount of stress that they are exposed to. Plastic (composite) A-arms and Bulkheads are fine, actually I prefer them to metal, but not gears. Matter of fact I wouldn't even run with aluminum gears. Steel is the only way to go, hardened if you can get them is best. Slipper clutches are made to protect your gears.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:45 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Get a savage, strong and fast at 40+mph. the Monster gt ony goes 32mph from what i heard. i would say get the savage.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Zeroc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

just wait till june,the new REVO form traxxas is coming out.that looks like an AWESOME truck
Old 04-08-2004, 11:58 PM
vizaracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bill61

vizaracer;
I was with you until you said that plastic gears are better. I wouldn't have a nitro vehicle with plastic gears. I think they are just too weak for the amount of stress that they are exposed to. Plastic (composite) A-arms and Bulkheads are fine, actually I prefer them to metal, but not gears. Matter of fact I wouldn't even run with aluminum gears. Steel is the only way to go, hardened if you can get them is best. Slipper clutches are made to protect your gears.
yea. i meant as in one gear in the set up to be a weak link if something was gonna break. i actually have all metal gears also. i had to get one. i melted the plastic from stress of the sirio. but with the S-25, it holds up perfrect.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:08 AM
sttucker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i would go with the savage. It will hold up to what ever you got for it
Old 04-09-2004, 07:10 AM
sn0wrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lol..im gonna laff when u strip that spur gear! get a mammoth, not alot of people have them, unlike the savage or t-maxx..and don't get a REVO, every and their cuzins mother is gonna have one, i say u get something like the XTM Mammoth, AE Monster GT, Hot Bodies Dirt Demon..just my 2 cents
Old 04-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Zeroc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ebery body has t-maxxs and savages because they are the BEST!you get the most bang for your buck.and watch the video of the REVO at traxxas.com,its pretty impressive.i wasnt sure about the suspension and first glance but i was proved wrong in that video.they kick any ither trucks ass that ive seen so far.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:39 PM
tzque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You have to decide trully what your intentions are with the truck . I bash with A savage and Tmaxx all the time . the savage takes more abuse but the tmaxx will out turn and out stop the savage any day of the week .But if I am going to bash I will use my savage . As far a speed I finally saw a savage with the pico 26 motor in it and I couldnt believe how fast and tenacous this truck was . As other have told you the only problem with the GT is that is doesnt take abuse . 52 mph is good but what do you do at 52 mph that wont break parts . I dont have enough space where I live to use that much speed without hitting something .I am not knocking the truck though .
Before you buy thing.now that the weather has change go to your local bash place or LHS and see trucks work . I like bottom i like bottom end torque so I can live with the fact I am not going to beat a tmaxx or gt top end . Decide what you want to do then buy it and enjoy it .
Old 04-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A tmaxx is far from best lol. Way too many problems with them. They are pretty dang good racers though. Like i said the svage is prolly the most durable. If you want to jump houses go with savage. O and the savge only does 37-38mph. If you want to bash, go fast, handle amazingly on the track, and be competitive on the track, and want a cheap price go with the xtm mammoth. It has a super reliable angine that out powers any engine in a stock truck out rite now.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
sn0wrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lol..the savage cannot be proven the best..your a moron for saying that, there is no best truck and honestly i think the savage is far from best..plastic gears! need i say more??
Old 04-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No it cant be proven the best but what can? The savage or mammoth. Either way you will be happy
Old 04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
sn0wrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no nothing can be prooven the best, every truck has flaws and problems, if u spend a little $, then you can think you have the best truck, but there is no best truck..
Old 04-09-2004, 05:35 PM
DKD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

plastic is better than alu in some cases becouse it absorbs the impact better alum bends and some times can cause problems removing if it is bent.

i would go with the savage