Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

gonna get myself a terra crusher

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

gonna get myself a terra crusher

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 03:33 AM
nitrobashinauz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gonna get myself a terra crusher

ok, i'm just about to get a terra crusher, and i want to know what you guys think about it, i've done a fair bit of reaserch, and i wanna know all the goods and all the bads (verified) so speak now or forever hold you peace.
thanks
Old 04-09-2004, 07:12 AM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: gonna get myself a terra crusher

ugh, i thought the Terra Crusher is discontinued? you should get the XTM Mammoth, top speed 52mph, strong, durable, easy handling..plus the Terra Crusher doesn't have any mods i know of.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:05 AM
CrashBurn69

I like my TC much better than my Savage and Maxx. Enjoy a tough truck that is easy to work on. You might want to wait a couple weeks and get the TNX when its released. I think its going to be even better.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Skagen

I've had a Terra Crusher for about a year and a half. I think it's a great truck and it's very durable. It also jumps nicely and is more difficult to flip than other trucks.

The stock motor is severly underpowered. The Terra Crusher is a heavy truck. The stock motor is good if you want to bash in your backyard by yourself but when you run with T-Maxx's and Savage's the Terra Crusher gets smoked.

The transmission is also a downfall. The transmission exhibits too much slip. It won't hook up istantly. If you do get the Terra Crusher get the forward only conversion which helps a lot.

Replacement parts can be a pain sometimes. I got lucky and found a LHS that carries parts but otherwise it's either ebay or towerhobbies to order parts.

Other than the tranny slipage and underpowered motor I think it's a excellent truck. I run almost everyday with a T-Maxx and Ofna Monster Pirate GT and it's the slowest out of those trucks but it's definitely more rugged than the T-Maxx. (No offense to T-Maxx owners, I think the T-Maxx is an awesome truck.) The Monster Pirate GT has been durable so far.

You can find a ton of hop-ups on ebay right now. They have a lot of aliminum parts. I also installed a Fantom FR18 motor in the Terra Crusher with minor modifications. It brings the Terra Crusher to a new level. The Epic .18 is a direct fit for the Terra Crusher and I have heard good things about this motor too.

Out of all the monster trucks out there or are about to come out I would wait a little longer. The Terra Crusher is discontinued and being replaced by the TNX which is lighter and faster than the Terra Crusher. It also does wheelies (R/C Car Magazine) and hits 40+. You also have the Monster GT which is a little expensive but a great truck. Losi LST, Mammoth and the new Traxxas Revo.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll help you out.

Good luck.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:39 AM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

I though http://www.dynamiterc.com/ made parts forr the terra crusher.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:35 AM
CrashBurn69

With the TNX comming out, just make sure you dont pay a lot for a TC. If its new, look for something around 345 or 350 US. Now is a good time to get one, because everyone is clearancing out the hop up stuff to make room for the TNX parts.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Mxracer45

mammoth- 369.99$ 52mph..........need i say more?
Old 04-09-2004, 02:20 PM
ThermalRD

I've gotta agree here. There are better things out there than a TC. And they dont cost alot. Look at the CEN MT2, or the mammoth mentioned here. I would go for the mammoth. There is no sense in buying a discontinued truck.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

mammoth- 369.99$ 52mph..........need i say more?
Old 04-09-2004, 02:43 PM
twp

I had a TC for a while and liked it. It is under powerd but I put a cvr .15 and a forward only conversion in it and it was a powerfull truck. A lot more durable than my T maxx but I could not get parts for it. That was why I sold it. If you can get parts go for it but I would suggest a differant motor and a foward only conversion.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:18 PM
sledmanass

http://www.dynamiterc.com/ has tones of parts for the TC.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:36 PM
nitrobashinauz

well doesnt the tc go 35? thats not too underpowered considering the size
i just bash by myself and i can get a real cheap one,
so i thought i might try it out?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Mxracer45

I dont believe it will do that fast........maybe 29? 30? 32 aT MOST
Old 04-09-2004, 11:29 PM
nitrobashinauz

look here: http://www.rccartips.com/hpi-savage-...ra-crusher.htm rccartips says it goes 35+mph
Old 04-09-2004, 11:33 PM
nitrobashinauz

also, look at this vid, thats pretty good air for an 'underpowered' truck that sixe off a small jump
http://www.tamiyausa.com/movies/terra2.mpeg
Old 04-10-2004, 05:00 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: nitrobashinauz

also, look at this vid, thats pretty good air for an 'underpowered' truck that sixe off a small jump
http://www.tamiyausa.com/movies/terra2.mpeg
Dont listen to these guys, I've also owned the Terra Crusher and I loved it! Favorite truck I've owned so far. But do wait on the new TNX, as its basically Ver.2 of the Terra Crusher. They upgraded all the downfalls and made it a quick nimble truck. Its also the most durable out there (and yes I'll back that claim). As for clearing out TC hop ups for this, they are all interchangable except the gearbox and chassis.

The TNX is essentially a Terra Crusher. The few changes are...

1. FO gearbox
2. New OS built motor claimed at 1.3 (and its OS so maybe a bit more as they underrate)
3. New FULLPLATE chassis
4. New lighter tires, the TC's were MASSIVE and heavy, almost a pound each.

This truck will do everything the Tmaxx or Savage will, or any other MT will do. The TNX will hit 40+ mph also, and who needs to go faster than 40 MPH with a MT?
Old 04-10-2004, 07:06 AM
nitrobashinauz

if i were to get a larger motor for the terra crusher would a .21 fit, or maybee even the 24.7? i saw a vid with one
and would the gearbox/diffs and stuff hold up to a power change like that?
i'm gunna geta terra crusher as they are going cheap as so i will have enough to make the upgrades i think it needs.
thanks for your input, also, any other vids around?
Old 04-10-2004, 08:32 AM
CrashBurn69

Yes you can put a 21 in it, but it will take a little work. You will need to move the motor mount forward a little and swapp the front and rear drive shaft. Thats about all thats needed, but instead of drilling the chassis, look for a 21 conversion. You can pick one up for about 70.00. That would be better than all the drilling and measuring.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:41 AM
twp

A .21 is what the TC needs it would be a great truck then. I think it would hold up good just dont get a motor with a lot of hp. A motor with 2 hp should be plenty and not overkill and a part killer.
If you go for a lot of HP the parts will not hold just my .2.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Mxracer45

Well okkkk tamiya is known for strong plastic so i wouldnt upgrade until you do actually break sumthin
Old 04-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Razoo

The TC does NOT need a .21 or big block. I put an Epic .18 in mine and it was faster than I needed to go. I agree with Casey the TC is a great truck and underrated. Listen to the people that actually have one. With the stock engine it will give the Savage a good race but a Maxx will beat it every time. Put the Epic in and it will give the Maxx a run for its money. The 2 things that I highly recommend it the New Era FOC kit and put some smaller tires on it. If you can get a good deal on one go for it you won't be disappointed. Its the best handling and jumping truck that I have ever owned!!
Old 04-10-2004, 04:24 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Razoo

The TC does NOT need a .21 or big block. I put an Epic .18 in mine and it was faster than I needed to go. I agree with Casey the TC is a great truck and underrated. Listen to the people that actually have one. With the stock engine it will give the Savage a good race but a Maxx will beat it every time. Put the Epic in and it will give the Maxx a run for its money. The 2 things that I highly recommend it the New Era FOC kit and put some smaller tires on it. If you can get a good deal on one go for it you won't be disappointed. Its the best handling and jumping truck that I have ever owned!!
amen!
Old 04-10-2004, 04:52 PM
nitrobashinauz

how much is an epic .18?
i want something that will make it pretty fast, at least beat the savage .25,
o, but on that note, howcome the terra crusher is right on a savages tail with a .18 compared to a .25?
Old 04-10-2004, 08:33 PM
CrashBurn69

Razoo is right. You can order an Epic the last time I checked for about 130-140. Tower has them, just make sure you watch what carb you buy, slide or rotary. It has rotary stock and then you don't need to mess with modding the linkages. But truthfully if you race anything on a short tracks with a lot of turns and you can drive decent then you can beat just about any truck most of the time. The TC handles tight spaces better than any stock truck I have seen. Now if you are racing long stretches then it will be really tough to win even with an Epic, but it can be done. An 18 can turn more RPM's than a 25 but the 25 has TONS more torque. It will get off the line first just about anytime. Thats the biggest difference between small and big blocks. A stock TC is just maybe 1 mph slower than a Savage 21. I own both and have ran them side by side on 300 feet straight aways. If I had a FOC in my TC then I would say they were even, or the TC might have even out ran the Savage 21. The TNX will outrun at Sav 25, but the Sav will surely beat it off the line every time, but the TNX should pass it in the straits, due to the weight difference.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:53 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: CrashBurn69

Razoo is right. You can order an Epic the last time I checked for about 130-140. Tower has them, just make sure you watch what carb you buy, slide or rotary. It has rotary stock and then you don't need to mess with modding the linkages. But truthfully if you race anything on a short tracks with a lot of turns and you can drive decent then you can beat just about any truck most of the time. The TC handles tight spaces better than any stock truck I have seen. Now if you are racing long stretches then it will be really tough to win even with an Epic, but it can be done. An 18 can turn more RPM's than a 25 but the 25 has TONS more torque. It will get off the line first just about anytime. Thats the biggest difference between small and big blocks. A stock TC is just maybe 1 mph slower than a Savage 21. I own both and have ran them side by side on 300 feet straight aways. If I had a FOC in my TC then I would say they were even, or the TC might have even out ran the Savage 21. The TNX will outrun at Sav 25, but the Sav will surely beat it off the line every time, but the TNX should pass it in the straits, due to the weight difference.
nah the TNX is will take the Savage off the line also, its an OS powered 1.3hp motor, comparable to a 2.5 in the tmaxx.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:36 PM
sledmanass

Who really needs a monster truck that does 40+ mph, They dont need to be any faster than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.