Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats with CEN

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 05:29 PM
CEN Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats with CEN

To make it clear to everyone. Reserviors and 3 speed and revese are always standard, never changed, i dont know where you all hear the rumors from. Last thing we change is adding a electrionic failsafe and switch driveshaft to metal.

We plan to have Genesis debut at RCX thats why its not on the site yet. Kinda a Suprprise deal right before the relaease date.

As for the price. We know its kind of high and trying to make it as affordable as possible. Its mainly due to .46 engine. Easiest way to explain will be because of All the compoments are build to handle a .46 instead a .21 class (like all other truck in market) or even a .15 class Therefore, compoments themselves will cost a lot more. Same reason why a Viper cost more than a Mustang. They both got 4 wheel and 4 shocks...etc but 1 cost twice more.

So, 2 steering servos or a .46 engine compatiable truck? Seriously, its very reaonsable after you calculate the cost of .46 convesion kit availble in the market ( and you dont even get a full .46 engine compatable truck)

I think this expalin all the questions you guys have in mind. Have a nice day...
Old 04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

To make it clear to everyone. Reserviors and 3 speed and revese are always standard, never changed, i dont know where you all hear the rumors from. Last thing we change is adding a electrionic failsafe and switch driveshaft to metal.
Thanks for the updated info, not many companies get on these boards to address the actual end user. With that statement made, i'll ask you to turn to page 110, and 111 of the May issue of RCCA. It has the TLT-1 on the cover. That is your CEN ad, and it looks a little something like this...

Believe me, im not bashing you, im just pointing out where this "rumor" came from.

ROIGINAL: Nitro10
Is anyone wondering about the LOSI or the REVO....heck no (nothing new there). Everyone is wondering about the Genesis.....now aren't they.
You cant be serious!!! Take a good look at all the Revo threads, and LST threads. There is not one truck upcoming that is stirring up more excitement than the Traxxas Revo.

Matt
Old 04-13-2004, 05:49 PM
CEN Racing

Thats was meant for the Dimention X system (the unique 10 coil over system) not the reservior shocks (always standard, and "REAL"). We notice that too but its already submitted to the magazines, which is too late to change.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:55 PM
ThermalRD

So show us something to get us excited. Surely you must have some raw video footage, or some pics of the guys at the shop with the Genesis. How about the radio? Can we see the radio included with the truck? Servo specs? Come on, share some new info.

Matt
ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

Thats was meant for the Dimention X system (the unique 10 coil over system) not the reservior shocks (always standard, and "REAL"). We notice that too but its already submitted to the magazines, which is too late to change.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Mxracer45

Unless u work for cen your wrong lol. It said nuthing in there about the dimension x sustem. It specificalley said resovoir. Cen should definetely make the price come down. 550? The traxxas revo is 480$ and it comes with battery charger and a bunch of other stuff. The cen genises IMO is a BIG savage( infact it is) And those bumpers? They barely come out ne. Im sure that theyh wont do to much protecting. If the gensies was 450$ (a very reasonable priced for this truck) i wood buy it. Morre than that sorry cant do it....... ALso wats with the pipe on that thing? Looks like somebody recycled it lol
Old 04-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Props to you for coming onto the forum and answering end users head on! That is [8D]

I'll see you at RCX! Look for the Dale's Dead Bug van in the parking lot!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
dragonwen

Hi CEN Racing, will there be a video done for the fans to see & hear what this giant can do before the release date?
Old 04-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Nitro10

Thanks for the welcome DALE. One would think that you guys really aren't giving CEN any credit here.
I give credit where credit is due. Credit isn't due, yet. Show me a successful launch and mainstream proliferation of this new RC, and THEN I will give credit.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Mxracer45

There need to be a video man. I mean the Losi lst..........the first day it was showed online there was a vid of it at team losi. And every 1 has known about the cen alot longer than losi.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
CEN Racing

Yes, i work for CEN. The Dimension X is before the word "system" and was cut off in that picture. The whole sentence is "Dimension X 10 coil over system with Real function reserviors". Again, Reserviors are standard on all shocks on Genesis 46.

Genesis may look like a big savage. but how much is a .46 savage cost? Aruond $800 (and that not even a true .46 truck), minues the 3 speed, 4 disk brake, failsafe, ...etc. Revo is a .15 class truck, therefore, it can be sold at that price. Genesis 46 is not in the same class, therefore, not really fair to compare price. You can not really compare a Viper to a mustang like i said above. Come on, Both are great cars but they are in different catagory, Engine displacement...etc
Old 04-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Nitro10

You cant be serious!!! Take a good look at all the Revo threads, and LST threads. There is not one truck upcoming that is stirring up more excitement than the Traxxas Revo.
You are right...and I might say the REVO will probably set the standard on all the tracks and you know what? Heres a "WOOHOO" for them. Its a great looking truck with latteral suspension similar to road cars and will offer unmatched articulation. I find it even hard for myself to shy away from the "cute" T-maxx. On the otherhand it "ain't" no basher. We are talking about the biggest and the baddest here not a track truck. As far as the LOSI goes....looks fine to me. The usual "Losi followers" going nuts..."as they should" but when it comes down to it there is nothing new there. I still can't believe some of you guys think the Genesis is over priced when you compare the goods.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Mxracer45

Do you know how many new things they losi has. And there is nothing new on the genises lol. Just a big savage.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:07 PM
raykessler

guys please play nice..... i know im not a mod but this is MY post and all of you have not come even close in the two pages that it has gone on to answering my questions. I have let it go on because there has been some intreasting info, but you guys have been arguing the entire time.

please stop, if it continues i will respectfully ask the mods to close the thread.

Thank you for your understanding and of course the new found maturity you all will have after reading my post
Old 04-13-2004, 10:01 PM
mecky33

I really wasn't going to post anything in this thread. But for those of you doubting that Cen racing works for Cen. He does, and if you ever call in to Cen, you know who he is. And my two Cents, I think the Genesis is going to make it. It may not fly off the shelves, but it will sell. Its kinda like the MT2 in that respect. You dont see many of them around, but they are selling pretty steadily. And I say that, because I am answering an increasing number of questions from new MT2 owners.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:15 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Children, if you don't have anything NEW to say, don't rehash your previous statements. If the repetitive bashing does not cease, I'll be forced to take action (last warning).

i8tweety
Car Forums Moderator
Old 04-13-2004, 10:17 PM
raykessler

hey mecky, i was wondering when you were going to poke your head in here

but i agree with you, the genesis is going to do well. there are PLENTY of people in the "theres no replacement for displacement" crowd, all of whom will want one
Old 04-13-2004, 11:17 PM
mecky33

Ray, I was trying to stay out of here because it is a hotbed for discontent. But Cen_racing is up against a wall with this one, so I thought I would try to back up his credibility a little. And I do have to say, I want a Genesis. Not because of the engine, but because its a cool truck, and so far I cant find anything wrong with Cen products. I just picked up a used TR4 that needed some work, and just got it running last week. Its a sweet little street car, and way faster than I have room for at my house. Now I have to find somewhere big enough to run it.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:30 PM
cj100570

1. Nitro10 is right about the price of the Genesis. CEN does have a good reputation and $500+ is about right for the truck. Just because a company doesn't have a well known name doesn't mean they don't make a good product.

2. As I recall Team Associated took almost 2 years to release the MGT all so that they could make running changes to make the product better.

3. Everyone should stop bad mouthing the truck and just wait until it comes out. For all any of us know it might turn out to be the best truck on the market. All vehicles have good and bad points.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Nitro10

Children, if you don't have anything NEW to say, don't rehash your previous statements. If the repetitive bashing does not cease, I'll be forced to take action (last warning).
Look Tweety If you don't like the thread delete it. Personally I think it would be a good idea since you have a member directly "making cracks" about the Genesis to one of CEN's mgmt. He just came here to offer straight info on the truck and is getting beat up over the way the pipe looks and the bumpers this and the bumpers that. Not too cool. Now...that thats done....the only thing in this thread thats worth you popping in may be the comments to the employee of CEN. If we can't have a somewhat "heated" disscusion what the hey is this forum worth? We all have made a few cracks to each in this thread but geez, I didn't refer to the other guys as "Children".
Maybe you could use a little reform as well.....Hmmm
I bid thee farewell
Old 04-14-2004, 01:03 AM
cj100570

Tweety I think you should delete any thread that turns into a silly free for all. raykessler asked a simple question to start this thread and the same people that are always at the root of this tree of evil jumped into it and turned it into the hot bed of discontent that it now is. I don't have to call names because you know exactly who they are! They are the same ones that repeatedly jump into every thread and start deriding manufactures and other members. There's nothing wrong with a little heated debate but what has been going on with this and at least 5 other threads is absolutely ridiculous. People are being verbally assaulted because they like this product or the other and it isn't the product of the masses. There are good questions being asked and you can't even get an educated response from those with knowledge of the product in question because those with "opinions" just have to post something derogative. Referring to the bad seeds as "children" like you did earlier isn't enough. Any member who disperages another should be booted ASAP!!!! I am a member of many forums and I have to tell you that this one has proven to be the most useless because of all the B.S. that finds it's way into posts. Many other members feel this way too and it's not fair to us to have to wade through crap in order to get answers to questions. That's just my two cents.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:32 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

here is what is shipped to hobby shops in the mail, talking about the CEN Genesis. This is direct from a paper ONLY HOBBY SHOPS GET. I figured I'd take a few minutes for you out there questioning what the CEN comes with.

There will soon be another massive monster to add to the fold. CEN Racing will soon be releasing their new Genesis. The Genesis will boast a number of firsts not yet seen on a monster truck. First, there's the issue of shocks. Stock up on oil, because you'll be selling a case every time a buyer wants to do a shock oil change. Ten shocks-that's right, 10 shocks-are distributed between the front and rear of this monster. Each arm ahas two shocks attached, and both the front and rear suspension use a single mono shock mounted above the suspension. The mono shocks use rockers for compression. Another first on the Genesis is a three-speed trnasmission-that's right, three speeds-each with an adjustment point. Also unique to the Genesis is four-wheel steering. Out of the box, all four wheels will get you around those car-rushing corners. Other features will include complete adjustability of toe, camber, shock angles, gearing, and other basic adjustments. Power isn't finalized yet, but the Genesis will more than likely come with a .46 big, big block engine. The engine will allow for shaft starting and pull starting. To keep the big boy fed, a massive 220 cc fuel tank is slapped on the side of the chassis. Look for this kit to be available soon through CEN and their distribution channels.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Mxracer45

Look, i like cens products and its not that i dislike the cen genesis. I actually like it alot. Buttt i dislike how all those cool features that were on it rtr are now going to be optional. Thats the reason i think the price should come down. ANd tweety was just being sarcastic i believe. ANd this forum isnt b.s. its a great forum. Each of us have different opinions here at this forum and thats what keeps it going. I have never seen a busier forum than here. Wich i like
Old 04-14-2004, 02:21 PM
cj100570

I didn't call the forum B.S. I called the actions of few members B.S. I'm sure you would have to agree that almost every topic that is posted goes off topic very quickly and it's all because a few members who can't seem to post without taking shots at others or their choice in vehicles.
ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

ANd this forum isnt b.s. its a great forum. Each of us have different opinions here at this forum and thats what keeps it going. I have never seen a busier forum than here. Wich i like
Old 04-14-2004, 02:42 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: raykessler

guys please play nice..... i know im not a mod but this is MY post and all of you have not come even close in the two pages that it has gone on to answering my questions. I have let it go on because there has been some intreasting info, but you guys have been arguing the entire time.

please stop, if it continues i will respectfully ask the mods to close the thread.

Thank you for your understanding and of course the new found maturity you all will have after reading my post
Ray, i respect you trying to keep the peace and all, but you did ask a question on an OPEN forum. You said we have not even come close to answering your question in these two pages. You asked, Whats with CEN? and then mentioned that they removed some info from their site. Again, asking if that was good or bad? So we had a debate over the whole issue? If you dont like the answers we gave, then you might now want to ask things on a PUBLIC forum. Im not saying to leave the forum, nor am i saying never to ask a question on them. Now, as for CEN coming on here and posting, i think its great. We need companies to come on these forums and read, and update us about upcoming products. So congrats!!! to CEN for doing so. Hopefully we will see a video in the near future.

Matt
Old 04-14-2004, 02:52 PM
CEN Racing

caseyddr:

The best explaination i can give you is.. we didnt write that. Sound lame but its true. Its not written by us, therefore, i dont think we should take thr blame for it. This is why i kept telling people to stay with the offical info (WE, @ CEN) instead of ask hobby shops, friends,...etc

4WS always shown as optional on the site since last Dec. and if you call us, we will tell you its optional. Reserviors is always a standard and it still is. Nothing has been changed other than we added failsafe and stronger drivetrain.

Hope you will like my answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.