Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

Dang, are you serious ThermalRD? That blows. [:@]
J~
Old 06-07-2004, 12:59 PM
ThermalRD

Im dead serious man. I just got an e-mail from Trujillo, and Drake as well. They say the trucks are on their way here on a boat. If you've kept up on ANY of the recent releases, you would know that being on a boat could mean several more weeks. They still tell me soon, but honestly, i dont think we will see it this month or next.

Matt
ORIGINAL: joules

Dang, are you serious ThermalRD? That blows. [:@]
J~
Old 06-07-2004, 01:37 PM
rcblaze

Thermal that's actually some good news. And of course you have to be a half full kinda guy to see this but here goes. We get to critique the 2 or 3 other's that are coming before the LST. Get a good idea if what we want is in another truck. Also Just a guess here but not many people can swing 2 or 3 MT's at about the same time. In other words I'd much rather look at REVO out of stock signs then LST. So it's all good. Didn't the Tortoise beat the hare.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:41 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

All hope is not lost for a June release. I emailed Losi last week to see if there were any updates and today they finally responded. Granted, it's not the longest email I've received as here it is in its entirety:

Should be out late June.

Again, that just came today. If that's the case, I'm a happy guy.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:13 PM
fiddybucks

Well I just called Team Losi direct and spoke to customer service. They said that they will have them at the end of the month and will be shipping them out. They assured me that they are no problems or anything like that. I can't believe I have to wait that much longer.

Now the question is: Should I grab the REVO or should I wait and hope Losi is telling the truth?

Can i get some advice from everyone. I hate to go the whole summer with no truck, I sold my tricked out savage on ebay last at the begining of may and been waiting ever since.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:31 PM
joules

ORIGINAL: fiddybucks

Now the question is: Should I grab the REVO or should I wait and hope Losi is telling the truth?
I am in the same situation. The LST looks great but if i am not gonna be strung along until Aug. I won't wait all summer. Losi came out with their site and then nothin since. The revo has exploded views, writeups, lots of impressive videos(30 plus foot air jump that it drove away from... wow) and and active forum. Traxxas is making more of an impression on me every week with their truck, marketing and support. I will probably wait until July 1, if still strung along i will get a revo I think. I hope Losi comes through..
J~
Old 06-07-2004, 04:33 PM
ThermalRD

And this is exactly the problem. I can e-mail 3 of the team losi guys, and ask them the same question. When is the LST coming? The sad part is, EVERY one of them will tell me something different. You just have to wait, theres no other choice. The Revo supposedly ships on the 20th. Im selling a savage to get money for that.

Matt
Old 06-07-2004, 04:35 PM
fiddybucks

ORIGINAL: joules

lots of impressive videos(30 plus foot air jump that it drove away from... wow)
J~

Whats the link to that? never seen that before..
Old 06-07-2004, 05:02 PM
icenutz

Traxxas, or any other brand, can impress with all the marketing and cool videos they want it still does not mean anything. Until you get it in your own hands you just do not know. I can take anyone of my cars and shoot videos of 30 foot jumps and only show you the few good ones where the truck lands good and doesn't break. I have had Losi cars and trucks and have no reason to complain or doubt the quality. My experience with Traxxas vehicles is that you need to upgrade and get rid of the junk to make it worth your time.

I do agree this uncertainty of the ship date is a problem and gives Losi a bad unorganized impression. However, I will wait for the quality. $500.00 - $600.00 on an RC car is a lot of money and you just shouldn't have to spend another lump of cash to get it right. If they are being built over seas then we can only hope the cheap labor gets a move on.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:57 PM
fourwheeler

That really stinks for you guys about the release date maybe being pushed back. But my birthday isn't til August
Old 06-07-2004, 09:25 PM
slago

Thermal,
Dang. I was really hoping my info was wrong and the truck would be out sooner. I promise I was.

---

Quote by Duff_Beer_12oz
See! I just knew that after all that trash talk on the revo it would end up being a good truck![:@] Glad i'm getting one.

BIG Block BIG engines, BIG power, BIG speed, BIG trucks. It's the 6 BIG B's. A real dudes dream!
So, according to your signature, you are not being a real dude. The REVO is a SMALL Block, SMALL engine and a SMALL truck ;-)
Old 06-07-2004, 09:33 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I don't know. I've seen that Losi rep guy on the RCX vid saying that it'll be out in the first part of June, and then I saw him on Inside R/C (a nationally syndicated TV show) the other day saying the same thing.

Thermal says that all the Losi guys tell him something different as far as release dates. Maybe they are intentionally spreading this confusion to build demand. Just look at the frenzy it's already caused. Remember when the Playstation 2 came out? They built all this hype about it and pushed the date back, and when it finally came out people were camped out in front of stores from the night before just to get a good place in line for when the store opened. The nation was sold out of PS2's in like 2 hours.

By building the suspence of not releasing for another 2 months, more people would rush out to get it if it happened to come out in a week or two. We'd all think we were getting a bonus by buying it early.

Well, that's my theory. We'll all just have to wait and see.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

So, according to your signature, you are not being a real dude. The REVO is a SMALL Block, SMALL engine and a SMALL truck ;-)
Notice also how i said it was a real dudes DREAM. I've decided the LST is just to pricey. I plan to get a smaller less priced truck but end up with more money for hop ups. I'll bet the LST is being delayed just so they can add a few more things to the truck and jack up the price even more.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:57 PM
madmaniac

Damn, i was going to get the LST but if the release date is pushed back in America i am not getting the truck until 2-3 weeks later here in Sweden.

Ive been thinking of bying a Savage with the diff mod other tires and some other goodies but i dont know what do you think???
Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 AM
nurch

I have some bad news for you guys! I called up Horizon yesterday to find out when my LST is coming in. The sales rep told me "The tentative release date is not mid to late July. Team Losi had some issues with the carburetors on the engines and wanted to make sure that before the LST comes out, it would be in perfect working order." My response, "Why not just rip off that engine and stick on the RB Concepts .28 engine and still keep the same price? *chuckle*." Sales rep, "That's not a bad idea save for the fact that we don't sell RB Concepts engines...unfortunately."

Well, there you have it. The release date has now been pushed back further to mid to late July. However, that date is tentative. I really hope it does come out sooner.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:23 AM
joules

ORIGINAL: Duff_Beer_12oz

I've decided the LST is just to pricey. I plan to get a smaller less priced truck but end up with more money for hop ups.
Considering, I would not run a fast and heavy monster truck with a cheap AM radio, and the LST comes with a synth FM JR brand radio, the Revo is actually more expensive for me. 480 for the revo plus 200 for a quality synth fm radio vs 600 for the LST with a synth fm quality radio.

I hope Losi (&$&s or gets off the pot. Summer is here. I hope it all just a ploy to increase the hype
J~.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 AM
LosiCS
Banned

Hello again everybody. Since LOSI is getting overwhelmed w/ emails, I thought I would come back to this board and post what is going on:

It is looking like the release date for the LST might not be until mid August. Ever heard the expression "On a slow boat from China?" LOSI is experiencing the same difficulties that CEN is having in shipment of their vehicles from overseas. Now that we have the troubles overseas, it takes MUCH longer for boats to pass customs/inspections (especially w/ electronic devices). TRAXXAS does not have to have their product shipped, therefor the quick release date.

I hope everyone can be patient and not give up hope......LOSI is doing everything possible to give you the best of the best.

Thank you for your patients in this matter.

Chris D.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:55 AM
nurch

Wait a second...When I called up Horizon, they said that you guys were having problems with the carburetors on the Dynamite engines. Now you're saying that your shipment is stuck at Customs?? Which is it??? I don't know who to believe anymore.

I hope this was truck was not a mistake. By August, most races will be done and gone. That's not fair.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:18 PM
ThermalRD

Well that really does suck... I wonder if the Revo is going to have the same problem... Well, im gonna go put some money on a Revo this week. Man, that news just took the life outta my LST posting frenzy. In fact, i dont even wanna finish this post.......

ORIGINAL: LosiCS

Hello again everybody. Since LOSI is getting overwhelmed w/ emails, I thought I would come back to this board and post what is going on:

It is looking like the release date for the LST might not be until mid August. Ever heard the expression "On a slow boat from China?" LOSI is experiencing the same difficulties that CEN is having in shipment of their vehicles from overseas. Now that we have the troubles overseas, it takes MUCH longer for boats to pass customs/inspections (especially w/ electronic devices). TRAXXAS does not have to have their product shipped, therefor the quick release date.

I hope everyone can be patient and not give up hope......LOSI is doing everything possible to give you the best of the best.

Thank you for your patients in this matter.

Chris D.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:26 PM
ThermalRD

Oh and by the way Losi CS. You might want to update that website with some really hot LST videos with sound. You are gonna have to keep people interested thru all these delays. [>:]

Matt
Old 06-08-2004, 01:00 PM
nurch

No kidding. And with all this hype for the truck, that website needs to be improved big time! I'm so angry I may just cancel my order and pre-order the Xray buggy, XB8. This is so not cool.

I better calm down first before I make my decision. But this bad news takes the cake. Thankfully I have an R/C plane to play with until or even IF this Losi truck ever comes out.

Come on Losi, I am your new fan. Don't let me down. At least put some news updates about how the shipment is coming along through Customs. At least give us that much if you won't update that website that even I can make when I am drunk off my arse and have smoked 17 blunts consecutively.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:16 PM
nd2xlr8

I hop Losi hasn't blown all their hype. Thats why they should keep the outsourcing to a minimum!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Noreaga

That sucks....I think I'm gonna call Stormer (That is where my LST pre-order is) an tell them to cancel the LST for me, an send me a Revo or a PCR Hyper 7....[:@]
Old 06-08-2004, 04:27 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, im very frustrated right now. If my HCR savage sells, i'll be buying the Revo with that money. If it doesnt, then my LST money is going towards the Revo this month. [>:]

ORIGINAL: Noreaga

That sucks....I think I'm gonna call Stormer (That is where my LST pre-order is) an tell them to cancel the LST for me, an send me a Revo or a PCR Hyper 7....[:@]
Old 06-08-2004, 05:00 PM
joules

Not good enough. Piss on it, I am getting a revo instead.

I know that line about being on a ship, but there is no way it can be stuck in customs for 2 months. What happens when every retailer can't get tv's vcrs and computer equipment ect. that comes through customs as well. Nor did the electronics shelves empty at retailers after 9/11 while they waited for their shipments. They most assuredly are not stuck in customs trying to get their stuff for 2 months. This is not a third world country. Personal opinion, there is more going on here then that.

Their assembler must have dropped the ball and they are scrambling to find someone to put it together over there or other somesuch craziness. J~

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.