Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

WHats a differential cup

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 03:55 PM
bonified5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHats a differential cup

What is a differential cup or cuff......whatever? I think i may have broken mine. Please post a pic if u can. Thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 05:01 PM
mecky33

Default RE: WHats a differential cup

From your earlier post, I know you broke a diff cup. The diff cup is a Cen part number GX12. If you look on the opposite side of your diff from the side that the dog bone is missing, you will see what a diff cup is. Now, there are two sides to the diff cup. One has a long pin that sticks out of it that works as a support for the spider gears in the diff and also works to hold the other diff cup that has no pin in it. Let me know if you need more help.

Oh and to replace the diff cup and dog bone, just undo the top A arm pin and pull it out, that gives you enough room to work without having to take a bunch of stuff apart.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:55 PM
bonified5

ok thanks....I just ordered some. By the way, it works great.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
sbb4us

Haha just after breakin he had a close encounter with a bench (thats how the diff cup got broken) but me an bonified just wanted to drive our trucks so we had to ghetto rig a way to hold the wheel on. So we put a nail through and put a dremmel polishing pad on the outside and then held it all on with some hot glue. It kind of wobbled a bit at low speed but after it got going the tire was just as straight as the rest. I have to give props to that CEN its one tough truck he wrecked it pretty bad a few times and only the diff cup and body mount broke.