Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST or Revo?

Old 04-15-2004, 05:39 AM
fiddybucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST or Revo?

I have a deposit on a LST but now i am not sure if i should wait for the another month for the revo. What does everyone think?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Element

Default RE: LST or Revo?

I would go with the losi
Old 04-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Skagen

It depends if you want a 1/10 or 1/8 scale. I believe the Losi is 1/8 scale. I think it's a little too early to tell. You may want to wait until other users get the truck and hear what they say. If I had to choose one right now I would probably go with the Revo because it's different and I already have a 1/8 truck.

When is the Losi coming out?

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:41 AM
ThermalRD

Man, thats too hard to decide. I vote you buy them both. I had tossed this same question around myself. I couldnt decide either. So im buying them both. lol

Matt
Old 04-15-2004, 09:07 AM
joules

I was set on the Losi... Then the Revo info was released, I was not to impressed. I have though about it and kicked it around and it really grew on me. I preordered the Revo yesterday. It just has so much going for it and i love the weight. The long travel suspension pieces it comes with have 120mm of travel. That is like 4.7 inches. Watching the travel and articulation on the revo has blown me away.
J~
Old 04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
axaracer2

Revo
Old 04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Mxracer45

well i thinki would have to go with losi because of their super high quality products. Plus the losi is like a mgt. Huge! So i would get that. PLus i love the losi's chassis design.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Ya, The LOSI has my vote. I can't get over those shocks, and the size! Add a synthesized FM radio, I am set.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:30 PM
krmnalmind

Yeah me to the losi is the one for me. basically because i want a big truck. the revo looks loaded with some cool stuff i would have like to see it in an 1/8 scale though.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:54 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Ya, The LOSI has my vote. I can't get over those shocks, and the size! Add a synthesized FM radio, I am set.
I'm going with the Revo just because of that, I already have the synthesized radio. I can't afford the extra $$$..... Although if I bought the LST I could jus sell the radio system immediately... damn for thinking!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:03 PM
vizaracer

the losi looks like a good truck. its also big and looks cool.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I'm going with the Revo just because of that, I already have the synthesized radio. I can't afford the extra $$$..... Although if I bought the LST I could jus sell the radio system immediately... damn for thinking!
Ill buy it from you
Old 04-15-2004, 04:53 PM
KingSalomon

I give my nod to the Revo
Old 04-15-2004, 04:55 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Will a big block fit in the revo without an extended chassis?
Old 04-15-2004, 05:47 PM
popa71

Revo gets my vote. I bet this thing will be the next giant in Nitro. Mine is already pre ordered. I saw the videos on the traxxas site. It was jumping curbs at high speed , popping wheelings and running at a high rate of speed. I have had just about every monster truck. And none of them could hit curbs and parking stumps like that. The Losi is nothing different than whats already out there. My nod goes to the REVO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:17 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Losi LST! I have a Tmaxx and I don't need another TQ3 and TRX 2.5.
If the Revo had a .21 and a better radio, then I'd go for it, but it doesn't. It's impressive, but I want a truck that can handle a big block, and I also want a new radio. The Revo has neither.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

they both look awesome, if they were the same price or very lil price different thenn i would go with LST just because of .26 under the hood, and those big shocks, not sayin that revo is not good or anything, just my opinion, don't we all have one?
Old 04-15-2004, 08:49 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: popa71

Revo gets my vote. I bet this thing will be the next giant in Nitro. Mine is already pre ordered. I saw the videos on the traxxas site. It was jumping curbs at high speed , popping wheelings and running at a high rate of speed. I have had just about every monster truck. And none of them could hit curbs and parking stumps like that. The Losi is nothing different than whats already out there. My nod goes to the REVO!!!!!!!!!!!
agreed. Also the fact most of us have better radios, and the fact it comes with battery pack etc. Jus preordered and payed for mine today.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:45 AM
pritch

Very tough choice. Revo's put me in limbo as well until I can figure out just what it's good for. It's more of a lean machine than a big brute of a truck, Revo looks well-made and I think the LST has proved great build-quality so i guess it's down to what image and purposes you want.

LST is more of the monster truck look, Revo is the futuristic choice.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

"I think the LST has proved great build-quality" I'm amazed at these kind of statements when the truck isn't even out yet. They both look like nice trucks but don't be disappointed if half the summer goes by before you get one. My advice is buy something thats available now. As far as pre-ordering goes, your kidding right?
Old 04-16-2004, 03:19 PM
pritch

Default oops

I should really have said Losi, as in terms of previous vehicles. My bad.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:12 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: oops

Old 04-16-2004, 09:42 PM
fourwheeler

I would take the Losi also, just too cool looking with those big shocks and the take no prisoners big block under the bonnet.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:11 AM
caseyddr

lol... "Take no prisoners big block under the bonnet" lmao!! its a freaking Mach 26... Whats it gonna do other than run... those motors are nothing but trouble. Every single one sold has had metal shavings in it, luckily the customers clean the engines before they operate.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:15 AM
rlong69

As far as quality goes, you can look at the track record. Losi doesn't bring something on the market unless it can compete, and compete WELL. Traxxas has always been a company that brings entry level RCs to the market. When you see a competition race you won't see the name Traxxas anywhere. I'm not saying the LST is going to be better, I am simply saying that history has shone that most of Losi's RCs don't need a strong aftermarket to compete, that comes stock. I own a TMaxx, plus MANY other RCs. I have had more fun with my TMaxx than any other, but I also have a COMPLETE Supermaxx with a Team Orion Wasp .26. Check it out here http://polaris.umuc.edu/~rlong/page4.html
That page is kind of corny because it was a class project. I had to write something. Anyway next time around I don't want to have to spend this much money. I mean I didn't even start with a Traxxas product, you can say I have an Unlimited Engineering TMaxx based on a Traxxas design.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.