Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:04 PM
wolfie104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Genesis Question

according to this , http://www.hobbytron.net/product2970.html , the genesis REQUIRES a 7.2 volt battery. wonder why? it says the shaft start is optional, so it wouldnt be for a starter. i wonder if they are gonna run the servos with it. after all, they keep saying that cen has come up with their own electronic system. maybe more power for more servos to run the 4 wheel steering? just a crazy thought. i am probably missing something, so someone please set me straight!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Mxracer45

Default RE: CEN Genesis Question

Yes probably for the 4 wheel steering or maybe cen decided at the last moment before shipping their truck to have electric starter?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:58 PM
nitromacguyver

i would say most likely because of hte 4 wheelsteering. when you need to run two supersize servos at the same time it takes alot more power. i am wondering though. how much more difficult will it be to upgrade the radio system?
Old 03-19-2004, 11:28 PM
mecky33

I am not sure why they are running a 7.2 volt battery. I can ask on monday if you want me to. But, they are running two high torque servos, that are nothing out of the ordinary or super sized. The radio system could be a challenge due to the fact that they are running two servos off of one channel. It could cause some receiver issues on an upgraded radio.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Mxracer45

Is their radio in the genises going to be that horrible marage radio?
Old 03-19-2004, 11:32 PM
mecky33

No, it is a new radio. I cant remember the name off the top of my head though.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Mxracer45

Great! Is it from a different brand or is it made by cen?
Old 03-19-2004, 11:37 PM
mecky33

It is a Cen, but its a three channel that is supposed to be a much better radio. It still has the same basic layout, but its supposed to be more reliable and durable.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Mxracer45

Nice! Man i wish i had the $$$$$$ for it and i would buy it.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 PM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

mecky33,

do you know the reasoning behind the "top shock" mounted horizontally ? I have studied the pics, and I think some of the pics do not show this extra shock, Did the truck come out heavier than planned, and needed some extra support and damping? Why wouldn't they just use stiffer springs and/or thicker oil? I am just curious, it's unique for sure, I see the belcrank that actuates the shock has two different length moments, so the shock will compress very little, even for a lot of suspension compression, It all looks nice, but it seems fragile, seems like you could do some expensive damage in a hard rollover, and that linkage is kinda spindly, looks like you could bend it easily, since there isn't much protection. Breaking a shock tower is bad enough, but if you have an aluminum shock up there to get mangled too, that could be expensive.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:57 PM
vizaracer

the extra shock is like a sway bar. they took the idea from rc trix that has came out with it for the t-maxx.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:49 AM
mecky33

BBriBro, its pretty much an extra damper. And due to the design of it, it should be able to run without the shock up there. As far as damage from a roll over, I don't think it would be any worse than any other MT. The linkages from the A arm to the upper arm are the same as the steering linkages on most MTs, and the upper arms are most likely composite so they will take quite a bit of abuse.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:45 PM
SeeWhyPhotos

I may have missed something, but when are they going to show it with a body on it?

I was considering waiting for this truck, but decided I wanted to play now and bought my XTM Mammoth.

Is it going to come with a body? Does anybody have any pics of it yet?
Old 03-23-2004, 06:52 PM
mecky33

It is coming with a body, it has not been aproved yet. There was a sample done and Cen did not like it, so it went back for some modifications. I am not sure when they will release body pics.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:03 PM
wolfie104

now i hear the genesis wont be released til the end of MAY and will NOT have 4 wheel steering??? is this thing becoming a joke or what??? we want videos of this thing!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:06 AM
vizaracer

the genusis is getting worse and worse. that thing isnt gonna turn good if it has 2 wheel steering. just think its 15 pounds and is so long, with only like one servo to steer it.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:10 AM
mecky33

I will call Cen tomorrow if I have time and see whats up. No guarantees though.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:15 AM
ThermalRD

If they decided to scrap the 4 wheel steering i could definitely see why. With that giant engine, all that torque is gonna cause some serious torque steer. That in itself will cause alot of problems if its 4ws. I thought that was pretty much set in stone though. Where did you hear that it wasnt gonna be 4ws? Personnally i think its biggest stepping stone is gonna be the price tag. I would like to see the body design on this truck. If its anywhere near as bad as the others they have, well....Dont i wont even get started on the fun factor name again. We will only know when its released. Then its up to the first buyers to report back on the quality of the truck.

Matt
Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Mxracer45

They said it was gonna be 4ws right on the sight
Old 03-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Mxracer45

I know someone who already has the genesis. Hes not aloud to run it though
Old 03-25-2004, 12:37 AM
nitroguy123
My Feedback: (3)

I dont think it would be that bad. Full scale cars only have 2 wheel steering. Im gonna bet they are gonna make it easy to disable the 4w steering and just use regular 2 wheel steering.

ORIGINAL: vizaracer

the genusis is getting worse and worse. that thing isnt gonna turn good if it has 2 wheel steering. just think its 15 pounds and is so long, with only like one servo to steer it.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:09 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the size of the truck, it's gonna need 4ws to be able to get around a track designed for 1/10 and 1/8 scales, although I doubt many people will race it.
The 4ws may cause some stability issues if it mirrors the front wheel steering exactly. On the other hand, if they make it where the rear only turns the wheels half of what the front does, it should be pretty worth while. That would help with the steering radius and still not be too unstable. Now on top of that, if they make it where the rear steering only kicks in after the wheel on the Tx is turned half way or more, and the rear steering only turns half of what the front does, then they've got a real winner.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:02 PM
SH ByA

I have been told that the Body will be a generic Ford type body. As for the 4 wheel steering aspect, They have made it like the X-factor. You can add the 4 wheel steering if you want, but they are not going to come out with it installed. The reason is because with the 4 wheel steering and the 3 speed transmission, The truck would crash when you tried to turn it at high speeds with the crab steering. So they decided to make it an upgrade option.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:54 PM
CEN Racing

4WS has always been a optional feature. It is set to do a optional because with 4WS, there are too much cornering ability/speed. NOt anyone can handle it. Its very easy for a beginner to crash due to unable to fully control the truck.

2WS will still work great because we using high torque servos that are twice stronger than competitor trucks in the same range. We know we have a hugh truck so we know we need a strong servo in there.

Body is going to be a chevy like and release date is set in earlist late april depend on the condition of the ocean freight.

I promise video in the next week or two. VEry sorry
Old 03-26-2004, 02:11 PM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: vizaracer

the extra shock is like a sway bar. they took the idea from rc trix that has came out with it for the t-maxx.
I thought that too at first, but after studying the linkage, it will work OPPOSITE of a sway bar. Visualize it in action, if the outside tires compress the suspension in a corner, as the truck leans, they compress the "top shock" , it will then press down on the inside tires, extending the suspension on that side, and actually INCREASE the lean angle. Maybe someone can explain this setup from a design standpoint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.