Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Just got my CEN mt2 today......need some help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just got my CEN mt2 today......need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 07:37 PM
bonified5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my CEN mt2 today......need some help

Hi, my cen mt2 just came in today and i dont wanna get too excited and mess anything up. What should I do before I start running such as adjust spur gears or anything like that. This is my first nitro so I dont know too much about them. PS I already put after run oil in it. Thanks and I appreciate it.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Element

Default RE: Just got my CEN mt2 today......need some help

Read the manual cover to cover also if your using the stock radio get a failsafe.Mine has saved me more money then the failsafe cost Plus it looks cool in your radio box.Other than that I cant think Of any thing out of the ordinary.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:00 PM
CENisGREAT

check the gear mesh... losen the bolts on the engine to the engine mount then, put a piece of notebook paper between both gears, push the gears together and tighten the bolts. if you dont you will eat spurs.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

READ THE MANUAL.......it tells you everything you need to know about engine break-in. I did mine to the book specs and it SCREAMS!!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:58 PM
mecky33

Definitely check your gear mesh, I have posted a procedure on here a few times. Do a search and you should find it. I have been doing the mesh the way I have posted and have yet to lose a spur to gear mesh problems. You may also want to get some spare parts, I have posted a spare parts list on here for the MT2, if you cant find it by searching let me know and I can post the part numbers again. Oh, and the most important thing of all. If in doubt, ask. Its cheaper to ask a question that it is to replace your truck. If you do have questions, post em here or shoot me an email. I will be more than happy to help you out.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:47 AM
yenko

i just got my mt2 a couple of weeks ago and it's great.
things CEN told me: follow the book slow breakin is important, check for loose screws, my front drivshaft CUP came loose.
use locktite, if the radio system is acting crazy. get new batteries/charge them.
tip: make a hole in the top of the cab and add on to the pull cord, just remember not to pull to far.
also make a hole for the glow starter, and lower the body about 1 inch. then you can startup with the body installed.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:58 AM
yenko

how did the breakin go?
Old 04-18-2004, 07:43 PM
nitromacguyver

yea about tht drive shaft cups definately thread lock them. my mt 2 threw 2 set screws before i thread locked them? also get some 7/16 size brass tubing and put pieces of it around the diff cups with foil underneath and glue it. this will prevent the diff cups form breaking.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:49 PM
troylin

I am having problems tuning my mt2. I broke it in per instructions. Then leaned it out for performance it was fast and shifted properly. Then it would not come on pipe to shift. I called cen they said it got too hot and needed a new piston & sleeve. Got one broke it in again and tried to tune tonight but it still will not turn enough rpms too shift. Current settings: ls 3 1/2 hs 2 1/2 @200 deg. If I lean more it seems to get hotter with not much performance gain. I've had this truck for a few weeks also have a rc10gt that I tune with no problem. Troy
Old 04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
mecky33

troylin, check your second gear spur and make sure the shift barb on the gear is still there. If second gear shifts to early and you shift in and out of gear a lot when bashing it has a tendancy to wear a groove in the barb. Most of the time I run my truck so it wont shift in to second.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:32 PM
bonified5

The break in went well thanks. And thanks for your help.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:34 PM
troylin

thanks mecky, but the problem is the engine won't wind up enough rpms to shift. When it did shift I had leaned out ,too much I think because it over heated. I have since replaced the sleeve & piston. There is nothing binding in the running gear. What temp do you run? I am using 10% duratrax red alert is this the prob? I have a rc10gt that runs great on it.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:57 AM
mecky33

Cen recommends 20% nitro in their trucks. That is probably your problem. If you switch fuel and still have a problem with shifting you can adjust the shift adjuster in the second gear. Right now I am running Wildcat eliminator fuel, its a 20% nitro and 18% oil fuel. It runs really well in both of my Cen rigs and it runs well in my friends 1/8th scale ofna as well. I run my engines about 240 or so, but Cen has seen the NT-16 run well at temps as high as 300. Also the NT-16 doesnt need a rebuild everytime it overheats. It may lose a little compression, but they still run fairly well after they have overheated. Let me know if you need more help.