RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

good kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good kit?

i am going to be puting a .21 in my maxx but dont know what i should get. i found this kit at hobby people. http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/233301.asp . it has everything for a prety cheap price but have any of you guys had problems with those cvds that come with the kit. the price looks so cheap that i dont think that the parts are that good. has anyone here bought this kit. if you have did you have any problems or was it a very good kit with no problems. this is the only kit that i know of that comes with all those parts for that cheap. also why cant they just make 2 diffrent types of the kit a 2.5 kit and a old style kit, why make one kit for both. it just make the price higher. but it is a very cheap kit. i could just sell the long ones on ebay.
thanks for your help,
bryan
\_l''\__
-[]--[]/
(o)-(o)____/""\__/""\__/""\___
^^my monster truck^^
Old 04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: good kit?

That is a good price. A friend of mine just put a Dynamite .21 kit on his maxx, with an OS rg .21. He has the black chassis. Looks really sweet, but he blew his tranny 2 or 3 times in 3 days. So, thats just a little warning. Please dont take that wrong, im not talkin bad about a maxx, i love maxx trucks. I know my buddy is gonna sell his conversion, and the tranny he got off ebay with metal gears, if you are interested pm me. I'll get you his e-mail addy.

Matt
Old 04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

The XTM is probably one of the best selling kits out there, just due to pricing below others- For $90, you get a muffler, tuned pipe, chassis braces, chassis, full cvd's, motor mounts, linkages and more. That's a good deal- just price it seperately!

I am teetering on the edge of getting an XTM kit even though it's red. From what I gather from the LHS, this website, and other sources-

The XTM CVD's aren't the best, but they will probably hold up for a while. Some at my LHS have even had luck with the stock plastic sideshafts still and have run them for quite a while.

The conversion makes the truck harder to work on.

The stock body holes in your kit won't line up anymore- you will need a new body.

It's red!!! All of my stuff is blue! It won't be pretty if I do it.

Did I mention it's red?

I wish they would put the blue one on sale for the same price.

I think it is a fine kit... Not the best, but it has sold well and has no inherent flaws to speak of.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

That is a good price. A friend of mine just put a Dynamite .21 kit on his maxx, with an OS rg .21. He has the black chassis. Looks really sweet, but he blew his tranny 2 or 3 times in 3 days. So, thats just a little warning. Please dont take that wrong, im not talkin bad about a maxx, i love maxx trucks. I know my buddy is gonna sell his conversion, and the tranny he got off ebay with metal gears, if you are interested pm me. I'll get you his e-mail addy.

Matt
Ya, with hard running, you will have to upgrade the drivetrain sooner then later. Some last a long time with stock plastic and nylon gears and some don't, you really can't say.

Expect to pay $90 for the .21 conversion, $140 for the motor (e.g. XTM 24.7), and probably more for metal gears as they go.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:38 PM
chase044

i already have the engine. i bought a team associated .21 for $81 brand new. it was a steal. i pmed you. then i went to look at the dynamite kit and didnt really like it. i was thinking maybe i could just get the trans and not the conversion kit. unless the dynamite cvds are better. then i would most likelly get the .21 kit and the trans.

edit: where can i buy the trans gears at just to see a price. to see if its a good deal that he is giving me.
also with the extended body, what body are you supposted to use.
thanks,
bryan

\_l''\__
-[]--[]/
(o)-(o)____/""\__/""\__/""\___
^^my monster truck^^
Old 04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
chase044

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I am teetering on the edge of getting an XTM kit even though it's red.

Did I mention it's red?

I wish they would put the blue one on sale for the same price.

i dont really care for the color b/c the only collors in hop ups i have are silver. and this kit would replace the parts i have.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:17 AM
chase044

they do have a blue kit. its on hobby people, but its $120. its like they forgot to mark down the price on that kit. its the same as the red but blue. it looks sweet, but its $30 more. maybe ill e-mail them telling them about the problem.