Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mammoth

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Sypro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth

I'm getting a mammoth pretty quick here and i was wondering if it pulls whellies? I herd the acceleration is slow. If it wont what do i have to do to get it to have better accel. What parts do i use?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:30 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Mammoth

Just go down a few teeth on the clutch bell. That will give you more torque. I still cant guarantee wheelies though. The video i watched with the mammoth in it looks pretty fast. Im tempted to buy one.

Matt
Old 04-21-2004, 05:47 PM
xtm

there still isnt different gearing yet for the mammoth best thing u can do is run smaller wheels I am using stock size tmaxx savage tires . u might hav to get the conversion to 14mm setup but I changed mine and must say has more bottom end and a lower cg compared to the stockers and am very happy . also take a look at the clutch xtm has updated there clutch setup too the old 1 will burn out after breakin
Old 04-21-2004, 06:56 PM
ThermalRD

How is there not different gearing? What style, and size clutch bell is on this truck from the factory? Is it 8th scale, and the bell is already as small as they come?

Matt
ORIGINAL: xtm

there still isnt different gearing yet for the mammoth best thing u can do is run smaller wheels I am using stock size tmaxx savage tires . u might hav to get the conversion to 14mm setup but I changed mine and must say has more bottom end and a lower cg compared to the stockers and am very happy . also take a look at the clutch xtm has updated there clutch setup too the old 1 will burn out after breakin
Old 04-21-2004, 08:17 PM
madd dogg

Try the 247 pro with a tuned pipe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67528.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	124984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29270.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	124985  
Old 04-21-2004, 08:39 PM
xtm

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

How is there not different gearing? What style, and size clutch bell is on this truck from the factory? Is it 8th scale, and the bell is already as small as they come?

Matt
ORIGINAL: xtm

the truck is fairly new still the mammoth uses a bell where the gears are actualy screwed onto the bell if u go to the globalhobby forums where all the mammoth talk is u will find out they are still maken new gear sets for the mam. yes it is 1/8 scale