nitrobashinauz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default genesis cheaper

wow, just lookin around at hobby store preorders, the genesis is on average about 530!!!
i thought it was gunna be like 600?
530 is a very affordable price for a truck that size and displacement!
i dont think it'll have any problem selling, it looks one awesome truck.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:42 AM
kaipiroska

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: genesis cheaper

It's engine displacement will probably be its strongest asset and its greatest liability. All that power means it'll be fast, but will it be too fast to handle? And the power and speed will impose major forces on the drivetrain, and it's yet to see whether or not the drivetrain can handle it properly. Durability is key, if it breaks easily, it's bye bye Genesis. Also, the Genesis is up against very serious big name competitors, Team Losi LST and Traxxas Revo. Those new trucks are in the same league, when it comes to having something new for and MT and the price. Nothing's for certain, until we've seen all those trucks in action, and have reliable reports on whether they are durable or not.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:27 AM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

CEN has always said the price was going to be in the 500-550 range. Atleast the target price anyway. If the truck is incredibly durable, with a reliable motor, it will be worth it. Otherwise, the Losi at 560 will be taking its sales away. Either way, you cant lose. Monster trucks are fun anywhere, anytime. The selection just makes it better for us, the buyers. Both trucks will be great. Its a shame we cant just have them all.

Matt
Old 04-21-2004, 09:47 AM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Kaiproska, Cen has been extensively testing the drivetrain on the Genesis. This is part of the reason for how long the truck has taken to be released. Also, you can adjust the second and third gears so that they cant be shifted into. This will slow the truck down and allow you to get used to the power and size before you start running all out.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:04 AM
kaipiroska

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm glad they're testing it to the extent they are now, because I'm looking forward to buying one of those trucks myself. And since I live outside the USA (and with limited supply of local hobby shops) I sincerely hope I don't at least have to go looking for broken drivetrain sparts too often
Old 04-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thermal, where did you find the Losi for $560??? I am going to preorder soon. My LHS wants close to $700, and he only gets 1!!!

It's times like this it's very hard to get behind LHS's. Dude it try to take advantage of the fact he is only getting one by getting customers to basically bid against each other.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Kaiproska, Cen has been extensively testing the drivetrain on the Genesis. This is part of the reason for how long the truck has taken to be released.
I'm sorry, but Cens's LAUGHABLE release schedule is not a sign of thoroughness as much as it's a sign of mismanagement, inefficancy & contempt for the consumer.

They started promoting the Genesis OVER 7 MONTHS AGO, when it musta just been a figment in some engineers head!! NOTHING can justify this delay....NOTHING!!

Losi & Traxxas leak info about new trucks and BAM, there they are, 2 months later sitting on shelves (probably!). And they are MUCH more evolved/revolutionary re. their design & engineering. Of course, Losi's been testing their truck for over a YEAR, so it's not like these mfgs aren't doing their legwork!!

Maybe CEN thought by announcing a truck so far ahead of it's release date would keep buyers from going with other trucks. But I'm sure it's driven more people away as they get more & more P.O'd

Sorry, but CEN has shot itself in the foot & proven themselves to be a low/mid-level mfg. ala Duratrax. There's no way I'd trust a truck from such an inept company.

Dean
Old 04-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Avalanche

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This truck may have done well if they released it months ago but by now there are so many new trucks coming out from well established companies the CEN will likely suffer from the competition. The big engine isnt anything to jump up and down about, the Truckzilla Savage upgrade is getting horrible reviews from its users. Bigger isnt always better, with excellent engines like the WASP and Sirio the .46 seems like a gimmick.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:38 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ya man, thats bogus. My LHS has many team drivers there. They also take priority over all the shops in Michigan. Hes been in business over 40 years, and the owner is a great guy. The workers know their stuff too. Give em a call. [link=http://www.snapfish.com/home/t_=9503717;jsessionid=EAE85322CE814CC6AFE3BB775E6F B0D4]Larrys Performance RC[/link] They tell me this month, or next month. They also say they are getting quite a few in.

Matt

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Thermal, where did you find the Losi for $560??? I am going to preorder soon. My LHS wants close to $700, and he only gets 1!!!

It's times like this it's very hard to get behind LHS's. Dude it try to take advantage of the fact he is only getting one by getting customers to basically bid against each other.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:51 PM
cj100570

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Then I guess the release of Team Associated’s Monster GT and the LST must be signs of mismanagement too. It took the MGT almost a year and a half to be released after it's first showing and there's no firm date on the LST either. But as you stated; "Of course, Losi's been testing their truck for over a YEAR, so it's not like these mfgs aren't doing their legwork!!" So it seems to me that CEN must be "doing their legwork" too. We should all sit back, enjoy the ride we have and envision the day we can buy a new one. The manufacturers know what they're doing. They release new products when they're ready for release. CEN has never said anything other than the Genesis would be released in the spring of 2004. By all accounts spring is still the season we're in.
ORIGINAL: Deandome

Kaiproska, Cen has been extensively testing the drivetrain on the Genesis. This is part of the reason for how long the truck has taken to be released.
I'm sorry, but Cens's LAUGHABLE release schedule is not a sign of thoroughness as much as it's a sign of mismanagement, inefficancy & contempt for the consumer.

They started promoting the Genesis OVER 7 MONTHS AGO, when it musta just been a figment in some engineers head!! NOTHING can justify this delay....NOTHING!!

Losi & Traxxas leak info about new trucks and BAM, there they are, 2 months later sitting on shelves (probably!). And they are MUCH more evolved/revolutionary re. their design & engineering. Of course, Losi's been testing their truck for over a YEAR, so it's not like these mfgs aren't doing their legwork!!

Maybe CEN thought by announcing a truck so far ahead of it's release date would keep buyers from going with other trucks. But I'm sure it's driven more people away as they get more & more P.O'd

Sorry, but CEN has shot itself in the foot & proven themselves to be a low/mid-level mfg. ala Duratrax. There's no way I'd trust a truck from such an inept company.

Dean
Old 04-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Deandome

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Losi did NOT start taking full page ads in the car mags and/or release ANY info until Feb. '04. There were some spy pics (TRUE spy pics, not leaked by Losi!), but they kept things fully under wraps 'till very recently. And I have FULL confidence Losi will deliver WHAT they've promised WHEN they promised, as they did so for the hugely successful Mini-T.

I think the Asociated MGT did indeed take a whole lotta time, hit delays, etc. But again, they weren't out advertising & trying to sell it a year before release, they just said they (the mags said?) had a truck on the way.

CEN has been shouting, teasing & promoting the Genesis for ages, and that's just plain annoying, not to mention very detrimental to potential sales in light of all the new trucks.

Dean
Old 04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cen started promoting the Genesis at the beginning of this year. They posted info on a prototype truck seven months ago. Also, they have not seriously promoted the truck. It is threads like this, on forums like this, that have bread the love-hate stance on the Genesis. So according to all of you, Ford, GM, and other actual car companies are all being mismanaged because they do the same thing that Cen has done. Perfect example is the 2005 mustang. When did they release prototype pictures of that car? Oh and how far did all the car mags take the Mustang prototype? Do you guys see the similarity? Big manufacturers release prototype info years before a working car ever makes it out, and we all ooh and ahhh. An RC manufacturer releases a prototype and in less than a year has a working truck that is going out for sale and all you can to is complain cause it didn't come out sooner. So to be completely blunt, Shut up and wait for the truck to come out. I am sorry if that offends anyone, but all of you complaining about being informed about a new truck are offending me.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:19 PM
cj100570

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo! Perfectly put mecky.

Cen started promoting the Genesis at the beginning of this year. They posted info on a prototype truck seven months ago. Also, they have not seriously promoted the truck. It is threads like this, on forums like this, that have bread the love-hate stance on the Genesis. So according to all of you, Ford, GM, and other actual car companies are all being mismanaged because they do the same thing that Cen has done. Perfect example is the 2005 mustang. When did they release prototype pictures of that car? Oh and how far did all the car mags take the Mustang prototype? Do you guys see the similarity? Big manufacturers release prototype info years before a working car ever makes it out, and we all ooh and ahhh. An RC manufacturer releases a prototype and in less than a year has a working truck that is going out for sale and all you can to is complain cause it didn't come out sooner. So to be completely blunt, Shut up and wait for the truck to come out. I am sorry if that offends anyone, but all of you complaining about being informed about a new truck are offending me.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:07 PM
crazypyro013

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

an old quote goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" the Genesis design is similar to that of the Savage, currently noted to be the toughest on the market.
verdict: why not copy it, power racing is as well, its proven and people like it, so CEN made it bigger and added power

now i do agree CEN shouldn't have released the photos of there truck as they did, that just gave the competition the ability to be different, and improve on there ideas, but the 7 month release date doesn't matter, if your gonna buy one, your gonna buy one, thats that
verdict: CENs marketing could be to blame for bad sales, as i live with a person whos been in advertising her whole life(my mom) and has done work for disney, msn, hobbytown, and etc, i should know, but it shouldn't make that big of an impact

CEN isn't a name brand company, but that doesn't mean they lack have quality trucks, everyone that has a CEN MT2 is in love with it, but with the name of Traxxas and Losi, people will buy because there known brands and many lhs's have them. Yes, the LST is a revolutionary truck, with its huge shocks and high/low 2 spd/reverse gear box, but as for the Revo its not revolutionary, with the exception of its electronic controlled shifting thats it, its shock design nothing new
verdict: b/c of name brand competition, and the ability to have something different the CEN will have an uphill battle

just don't spew random crap from your anus, analyze a market before you bash it, and why does a flame war have to erupt over this simple little topic..... grow up
Old 04-21-2004, 04:21 PM
nitrobashinauz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kaipiroska

It's engine displacement will probably be its strongest asset and its greatest liability. All that power means it'll be fast, but will it be too fast to handle? And the power and speed will impose major forces on the drivetrain, and it's yet to see whether or not the drivetrain can handle it properly. Durability is key, if it breaks easily, it's bye bye Genesis. Also, the Genesis is up against very serious big name competitors, Team Losi LST and Traxxas Revo. Those new trucks are in the same league, when it comes to having something new for and MT and the price. Nothing's for certain, until we've seen all those trucks in action, and have reliable reports on whether they are durable or not.
i agree, its engine displacement will be its greatest asset, if this thing's as durable as the MT2 i'd buy one, cause it seems to be one hardcore basher.

and with the too fast thing, no i don't think it will be too fast to control, its enormous and heavy, it will still go 55 but i dont think that will be too fast.

I dont think the genesis will have any competition from the revo simply because they are just so different, a person who buys one will probably not even look at the other. The revo seems to be a racing truck that will be bought by all traxxas fans, wheras on the other hand the genesis looks strictly for bashing, but who knows till they're released right?

Also, i commend CEN for taking such a brave leap into the 1/8 scale market.
This could realy help their reputation in the market.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Deandome

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: crazypyro013

but as for the Revo its not revolutionary, with the exception of its electronic controlled shifting thats it, its shock design nothing new

I beg to differ, even though I'm not gonna be rushing out to get one!

The ENTIRE suspension is something never seen in offroad RC. The INBOARD shock location is indeed revolutionary, and it give the Revo more travel than anything on the market, by a wide margin! This also means it doesn't have shock towers, much less shock towers that serve as body mounts too. The shocks are protected & all this lowers the COG significantly.

You get a skeletonized race chassis, and the flywheel is accessible, so you can use a starter box (there's one box out there with an extension so it can work w/MTs, but until now you've needed to get a special chassis). The dual steering servo setup WOULD have been revolutionary if Losi hadn't announced their version a bit earlier (of course, they did not copy each other, it's just a coincidence!). The electronic tranny isn't actually all that interesting, as all it does is prevent you from changing from forward to reverse unless the truck is stopped. And finally, the engine....EH, it's just a 2.5 with a bigger head & a new air filter, no biggie.

Revolutionary doesn't mean "better" in my book, it just means that they did not follow anyone elses lead. EVOLUTIONARY changes often are better for the consumer, as you're just improving on a proven design. But you gotta admire when companies try for something truly new, and hopefully they end up being great products, too.

Dean
Old 04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
crazypyro013

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Deandome

.... The ENTIRE suspension is something never seen in offroad RC. The INBOARD shock location is indeed revolutionary, and it give the Revo more travel than anything on the market, by a wide margin! This also means it doesn't have shock towers, much less shock towers that serve as body mounts too. The shocks are protected & all this lowers the COG significantly.

You get a skeletonized race chassis, and the flywheel is accessible, so you can use a starter box (there's one box out there with an extension so it can work w/MTs, but until now you've needed to get a special chassis). The dual steering servo setup WOULD have been revolutionary if Losi hadn't announced their version a bit earlier (of course, they did not copy each other, it's just a coincidence!). ...

Revolutionary doesn't mean "better" in my book, it just means that they did not follow anyone elses lead. EVOLUTIONARY changes often are better for the consumer, as you're just improving on a proven design. But you gotta admire when companies try for something truly new, and hopefully they end up being great products, too.

Dean
the inboard shocks are just cantilever turned sideways, its a copied idea from F1 r/c cars and rock crawlers its not that special, as for elmintaing shock towers thats a big plus, i tip my hat to that

the dual servo setup has been around on the market for a while now, its not that new, now since the manufacturers are doing, that makes it special

i agree about the revolutionary speech.... but traxxas has done nothing to impressive, yes the truck is sweet, but all the honestly did was took really key aftermarket upgrades for racing and made them standard

if i had the money, i would go buy a Revo to race, but as for the market there nearing a limit till a crazy man, juggling chainsaws comes out with something radical, there won't be too many revolutionary trucks
Old 04-21-2004, 10:04 PM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not to rehash the same old stuff, but the Revo is nothing new. the shock design is from F1 and rock crawlers, the ability to bump start the Cen MT2 has had since it was released. And the Revo is slow compared to some of the other MTs, the Cen MT2 is faster and it is direct competition.

Also, you can not put the Revo up against the Genesis. The people buying the Genesis wont be looking at the Revo, simply because they are two completely different trucks. The Revo is designed as a race truck, and it is 1/10th scale. The Genesis is an 1/8th scale truck built for the basher and weekend racer just looking to have fun.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:48 AM
nitrobashinauz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

exactly what i said mecky, the revo can not be compared with the genesis full stop (or period for you americans)
Old 04-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Nitro10

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ahhh...another Genesis discussion. Well Its nice to see so many people having interest in this truck....whether negative or positive. One would think that most of the folks that are unhappy with CEN's marketing are the ones trying to make up their minds over which new truck to buy.
Why would anyone compare the REVO with the GENESIS? You either buy the track truck (REVO) or the go-cart (GENESIS) that about how they compare people. As far as marketing goes...well who cares??? What I care is about the truck....Sure CEN is letting everyone know about the GENESIS a little early and they are revising a few issues with the truck. I hope they do their share of testing so there won't be issues when it comes out. I do think it will interesting to see the publics reaction to a 15lb. truck that basically "dwarfs" everything else out there and is capable of highway speeds.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Then don't buy it and move on........who cares You really have alot of angst, you might want to get that checked out w/ a professional
Old 04-22-2004, 10:49 AM
kaipiroska

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'd say it's not angst, but lack of knowledge. Product development is like that, sometimes the initial schedule fails. If there's a problem with the design, there's two things a company can do: do like Microsoft does[8D], release a POS product and hope they can patch it together later, or postpone the release and fix the problems.

New product development is especially kinky, when you're trying to create something new instead of just piecing together some parts you're already familiar with. That's the price of originality a company has to pay, unpredictability. Unpredictability does not equal a bad company, but simply a company trying to do its best with the (sometimes scarce) resources it has, to get the end product in the market.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

cj100570, are the dimension 10 shock systems getting fixed on the genises or taken off?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:58 PM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mx, when was there a problem with the Dimension X shocks?
Old 04-22-2004, 05:08 PM
raykessler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i heard that they had a problem with them getting broken, so they took them off and made them an optino

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service