Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Upgrading A Mad Force, Need Suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Upgrading A Mad Force, Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:31 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading A Mad Force, Need Suggestions

Well im making this post for zach_anderson321 cause he can't get on tonight.. Well he has 150$ to spend on upgrading his MF, right now its completly stock.. I know 150 aint much but thats all he has right now.

Well if it helps any, He plans on jumping his truck pretty hard, and just basicly bashing.

He was thinking about upgrading to 8 shocks and replacing the stock plastic 1s.. What are some decent shocks that are cheep? And a 1200 mah, whats a good air filter to upgrade to, and what about getting new tires? And upgrade the gears cause they broke are there steel replacements for it? I know 150$ aint gonna cover all that so what do you guys think are the most important upgrades.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Q8 RC

Default RE: Upgrading A Mad Force, Need Suggestions

if its for zach first upgrade the shocks from www.rc4wd.com then choose MAD FORCE & MAD ARMOR there is alot of upgrades and there is a wheel hub this will help you to put any wheel from savage and proline and TmaXX and the shocks are 24$ they are made from Al so they are strong and dont say a word about the spelling
Old 05-30-2004, 07:14 PM
speed lives

24$ for 2 shocks.. But thanks for this site its got alot of nice stuff on it.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:30 PM
<conrad>

whats a good motor (price dont matter) for the mad force that will make it go like 60mph
Old 05-30-2004, 07:38 PM
speed lives

Nothings gonna go 60 mph..
Old 05-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Q8 RC

yes the RB[>:]
Old 05-30-2004, 08:10 PM
<conrad>

whats an rb
Old 05-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Mxracer45

The new rb .28 engine im assumiung. It still wont go 60mph. Its all about gearing my friend. And the madforce is faster than the savage zach so u will beat gordan in a drag.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:15 PM
speed lives

The new rb .28 engine im assumiung. It still wont go 60mph. Its all about gearing my friend. And the madforce is faster than the savage zach so u will beat gordan in a drag.
Yea, Yea.. Faster then a savage.. But not faster then my savage..
Old 05-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Q8 RC

yep it will like i said the (dust) loooooooooooooooool
Old 05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Q8 RC

nop faster Gordon69 you just gona hear zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww and the mad force in the finish flag
Old 05-30-2004, 10:30 PM
speed lives

Umm, who cares about speed.. Mad Force can't handle half the jumps i take.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:33 PM
speed lives

Plus im either gonna buy a LST witch will toast a mad force.. Or upgrade my savage to the following.. Get a carbon fiber chassic, carbon fiber arm braces, carbon fiber secondary skid plates, carbon fiber radio box cover with the fuel tank mod, a picco 26, regear it.. And ill toast his mad force np.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:18 AM
madmaniac

And if he gets a Picco 26 he will smoke your savage even with all those upgrades you have

Honestly i dont know who will win???? but the mad force is a lot faster.

If you want some good upgrades then i would suggest to buy 4 new shocks because the 8 shocks is just for looks on the mad force.
it will handle the jumps you are going to do with it.

In my opinion save for a new engine the OS21RG-X(P) is a good choice my mad force is so fast with that engine!!! the buggy drivers are silent when im driving it because its faster than their buggys.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:44 AM
Q8 RC

yeah man i watch this thing fly i didnt thought that its so fast like this [>:]
Old 05-31-2004, 01:24 PM
speed lives

madmaniac and Q8 RC, you guys are starting to get to me.. Your good people and all but you guys are full of the madforce, id like to see you try hitting half the jumps i hit..

You guys think your madforce is just the **** and better then anything.. Your worst then the Maxx guys by far.. So im just gonna tell you guys off a bit.. Mad Force Suspension Sucks! It has no travel at all, Like an inch maybe? How big of jumps do you guys hit? Well i hit a 13 ft table top and i laucnh about 30ft in the air and come smack straight into the ground.. You guys probly hit like little 3fters and think wow omg madforce can take anything! Who cares if it can wheelie? Id rather not wheelie, worse handling.. Savage has way better handling then a mad force, way better hop ups, alot better suspension, Even if you put 200$ into the madforce susupension it wouldnt be as good as a stock savage suspension. Wow you go like 5 mph faster big deal, with the right engine and gearing i could toast it..

Anyways speed is nothing! If i wanted speed i would get a sprint car and go like 60 mph! I can't wait for zach to try hitting the 13ft high table top so i can watch him bust his mad force up.. To prove you guys wrong.

No hard feelings, im just getting tired of you guys and your mad force, you probly never even hit a decent sized jump with it and you guys think its the ****.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:33 PM
ThermalRD

Gordon, this makes no sense at all. You posted this thread for your friend, then you come back and rage on everybody about the mad force. Now onto the original topic. First i would start by changing the stock springs to the soft yellow springs. They really help with handling. Make sure your diffs have machine thread screws, not self tappers. Try some tires with more traction, and maybe a better pipe and header. Because of the lack of gearing options on that 3 speed i would never put a .26 on it. You would wheelie every time you hit the throttle. Go with a good .21. A 200 oz steering servo always makes driving nicer as well.

Matt
Old 05-31-2004, 01:56 PM
flak monkey

Origiannly Posted by Gorden 69

Mad Force Suspension Sucks! It has no travel at all, Like an inch maybe?
The stock Mad Force has about 4-5 inches suspension travel. LOL. I ask you have you driven a Mad Force?

I think a lot of people are a bit full of it about certain trucks (It seems you are so full of the Savage that its coming out of your ears [:@] with comments like 'yeah my savage is the fastest ever' etc etc[:@]). I dont personally care what truck you like or dislike. People chose a truck cos they like it! I have a Mad Armour because i wanted a real monster truck. The only other one i was considering was the Savage, but consdering the amount of hopping up you need to do to make it durable i ruled that out! Also the fact that the Mad Force has 3 speed and does 45odd mph out of the box.

You wont will land unhurt from 30ft everytime, regardless of how tough your truck is....and i somehow doubt you are getting 30ft. How big are the feet you are measuring in (are they 1/8 scale too?? lol). Its luck. Once day you WILL break it and it WILL hurt your pocket! Oh and i would think hard about upgrading to CF arts if you really do do big jumps as the parts will crack easy...might be light but it sure as hell aint forgiving!

Anyway guys, chill out and enjoy the hobby we share! Besides what are you all doing online in the middle of the day. Get outside an play fools!

Cheers,
David

PS Unless you have insanely high gearing on your Savage the Mad Force would beat it in a drag race, hands down, as it has 3 speed. Round a track it may be different (though i have seen a video of a race and the MF won...) but in a straight line there are not many stock trucks that will keep up with a stock MF...IMHO
Old 05-31-2004, 03:00 PM
dgmorr29

ORIGINAL: flak monkey

You wont will land unhurt from 30ft everytime, regardless of how tough your truck is....and i somehow doubt you are getting 30ft. How big are the feet you are measuring in (are they 1/8 scale too?? lol).
LOL!
Old 05-31-2004, 06:29 PM
<conrad>

Yeah i dont really care about its racing abilities cause i dont race i just want to be able to jump it pretty good and go really fast
Old 05-31-2004, 06:47 PM
speed lives

Gordon, this makes no sense at all. You posted this thread for your friend, then you come back and rage on everybody about the mad force.
Umm im trying to help my friend, but then everytime i post i got those 2 guys saying the mad force will waste my savage?

The stock Mad Force has about 4-5 inches suspension travel. LOL. I ask you have you driven a Mad Force?

I think a lot of people are a bit full of it about certain trucks (It seems you are so full of the Savage that its coming out of your ears with comments like 'yeah my savage is the fastest ever' etc etc ). I dont personally care what truck you like or dislike. People chose a truck cos they like it! I have a Mad Armour because i wanted a real monster truck. The only other one i was considering was the Savage, but consdering the amount of hopping up you need to do to make it durable i ruled that out! Also the fact that the Mad Force has 3 speed and does 45odd mph out of the box.

You wont will land unhurt from 30ft everytime, regardless of how tough your truck is....and i somehow doubt you are getting 30ft. How big are the feet you are measuring in (are they 1/8 scale too?? lol). Its luck. Once day you WILL break it and it WILL hurt your pocket! Oh and i would think hard about upgrading to CF arts if you really do do big jumps as the parts will crack easy...might be light but it sure as hell aint forgiving!
Oveiusly you never driven a savage, my savage has no current durability upgrades.. I hit this 13 ft table top about 100 times, and never really broken anything off it.. Lets see im about 5'9, the table top is twice as tall as me standing up next to it.. So yea the jumps about 13 ft high.. Plus theres a huge hill before the table top, its a snowboard hill.. So im probly going about 50 mph into a perfectly angled 13ft high jump.. And im launching almost 3 times as high as the table top.. So about 30ft.. I don't think im wrong? The mad force suspension sucks, zach has it i droped his truck from about a 1ft and it bottemed out, it lands so ruff.

LMAO you definatly got no idea what your talking about cause you said this "The only other one i was considering was the Savage, but consdering the amount of hopping up you need to do to make it durable i ruled that out!" Man your a joke, You don't have to upgrade a single peice to make the savage durable. I haven't and ive jumped it as hard as anyone could, and i only broken 2 miner parts.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:08 PM
<conrad>

The mad force suspension sucks, zach has it i droped his truck from about a 1ft and it bottemed out, it lands so ruff.
\

UMM NO i drop it like 4ft and it barley bottoms out pluse the are very loose springs on the stock mf all i need is tighter ones and it all good, besides once i dual the supension itll be just as good of a basher if not better than ur savage
Old 06-01-2004, 12:22 AM
madmaniac

Oveiusly you never driven a savage, my savage has no current durability upgrades.. I hit this 13 ft table top about 100 times, and never really broken anything off it.. Lets see im about 5'9, the table top is twice as tall as me standing up next to it.. So yea the jumps about 13 ft high.. Plus theres a huge hill before the table top, its a snowboard hill.. So im probly going about 50 mph into a perfectly angled 13ft high jump.. And im launching almost 3 times as high as the table top.. So about 30ft.. I don't think im wrong? The mad force suspension sucks, zach has it i droped his truck from about a 1ft and it bottemed out, it lands so ruff.

LMAO you definatly got no idea what your talking about cause you said this "The only other one i was considering was the Savage, but consdering the amount of hopping up you need to do to make it durable i ruled that out!" Man your a joke, You don't have to upgrade a single peice to make the savage durable. I haven't and ive jumped it as hard as anyone could, and i only broken 2 miner parts.
Ehh what about the problem with the wheels stripping??

And i like other trucks aswell im going to buy a LST and i WAS going to buy a savage but there arent any dealers for HPI here because of the bad service they have.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:54 AM
flak monkey

I did write a reply but i lost it....*******s...

Anyway it went something like....

If you do launch 30ft good for you. The bridge jump video is about 30ft. IM in a 3rd storey room and im not 30ft up...

Stop with the personal slagging...

LMAO you definatly got no idea what your talking about .....Man your a joke
I like to think i know what I am talking about, i have been into the hobby for 10 years, longer than some people, not as long as others.

This is the worst forum i have come across for people slagging eachother/or eachothers trucks off and it comes across as very immature. I personally dont give a damn as to what truck you drive, like or want. I was going to get a savage, but due to the problems i decided not to. It is a good truck no doubting that, just the fact that the MF is a better all round basher (plus you can do your own hop ups on it). IMHO

Cheers
David
Old 06-01-2004, 04:29 AM
Q8 RC

ThermalRD :

Gordon, this makes no sense at all. You posted this thread for your friend, then you come back and rage on everybody about the mad force. Now onto the original topic. First i would start by changing the stock springs to the soft yellow springs. They really help with handling. Make sure your diffs have machine thread screws, not self tappers. Try some tires with more traction, and maybe a better pipe and header. Because of the lack of gearing options on that 3 speed i would never put a .26 on it. You would wheelie every time you hit the throttle. Go with a good .21. A 200 oz steering servo always makes driving nicer as well.

Matt

yeah man ThermalRD you have ruled the MAD FORCE [8D]

[sm=punching.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.