RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis PICS #2...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Genesis PICS #2...

1. Ok, well the body isn't to my liking... No biggie.

2. (look at the first pic below) The exhaust header is like 1/16" away from the shock! That's why the silicone cover is on the header. Sure, it's insulated, but I bet that shock is going to get pretty hot, and hopefully there isn't any flex...

3. (look at the second pic below) Haha... One composite driveshaft up front, and one metal driveshaft for the rear. Look carefully at the 2nd pic. That is quality there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75121.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	125623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85059.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	125624  
Old 04-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Dale Gribble

Default RE: CEN Genesis PICS #2...

Even if it's a proto, c'mon put your best foot forward and dress it up!!! It looks like a hastily assembled proto to me...
Old 04-23-2004, 06:22 PM
cj100570

what looks so hastily put together? the exhaust on my TC is just as close and that's on a shipping truck. as far as the drive shaft goes; it is a proto and they go thru many revisions. last time i checked the final version had the composite shafts. [link]http://www.cenracing.com/cars/genesis/genesis.html[/link]
[img][/img]
ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Even if it's a proto, c'mon put your best foot forward and dress it up!!! It looks like a hastily assembled proto to me...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14481.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	125634  
Old 04-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Dale Gribble

They should have matched driveshafts #1... Composite or metal, but not both... It looks inconsistent.

The coupler on the header looks like a band-aid... It looks like an afterthought to fix a potential design issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong ??? How can you argue that? Presentation is important. If that was my responsibility to market it, #1, I would have matched driveshafts, and #2 I would leave the coupler off. even if it ships like that, it's not a good first impression for the public to see that up front.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:35 PM
cj100570

it's a proto! if it came on a shipping truck i'd have 2 agree. i've seen many a photo of future rc vehicles in my 14+ years in this hobby and that 1 is nothing out of the ordinary. that picture goes back awhile and many things have changed since then. the new photos shows how it looks "now."

They should have matched driveshafts #1... Composite or metal, but not both... It looks inconsistent.

The coupler on the header looks like a band-aid... It looks like an afterthought to fix a potential design issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong ??? How can you argue that? Presentation is important. If that was my responsibility to market it, #1, I would have matched driveshafts, and #2 I would leave the coupler off. even if it ships like that, it's not a good first impression for the public to see that up front.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Dale Gribble

Those are new photos, released on r c c a r a c t i o n today. Those are the latest ones on the RCX update forum that were released w/ the body pic.

I am done with the back and forth here.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:54 PM
vizaracer

i dont think those composite driveshafts will last long. just think, that thing has a .46 in it!!! and its heavier so it will put more stress on them. and just think, when that thing slams on the brakes its going to break the front driveshaft likely. i also agree about having the both of one, not one of one and one of the other. the first impression of the truck is always the most important.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:09 PM
crazypyro013

in agreeance, needs either metal or composite, hopefully metal

but as for the header, thats just a engineering problem, when using TVPs with a dual shock setup... look at the stock savage its header is right there on the shock just like that one, atleast CEN had a brain about it, and put something there to help protect, so even you think its retarded, remember the savage header is bare by the shock
Old 04-24-2004, 12:09 AM
mr-rccrazy

Ok, listen guys, the genesis aint that bad. I notice the whole driveline seems to be great quality. The 4 disk brakes, 3 speed transmisison, and also, if it were most other companies, they would likely just get a heli .46 engine and have a cocky header that is way worse than that. I think you guys are being sort of harsh. The savage has it's header right near the left rear shock, it has no problems. And that has no sheilding or anything. But this has a little shield even. I see no problems with that. Yes, using composite front shafts is sort of hokey, but again, it is still a prototype, for all we know it could change completely. And you gotta give CEN credit, they are trying something new, ground up designed .46 big block engine, 3 speed transmission, 4 wheel steering, already it is in a class of it's own.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:48 AM
ThermalRD

Why does everybody keep calling this the prototype. According to CEN, this is the final version. Its supposedly in production right now. Other than the high price, the 20lb weight, and the retarded looking body, i have no problem with the truck.

Matt
Old 04-24-2004, 01:03 AM
mr-rccrazy

I agree fully about the high price and retarded looking body, and I thought cen said it was 15lb? So they added 5 pounds more of lard to their hulk huh.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:20 AM
cj100570

My apologies to Mr. Gribble! I would have guessed that RCCA posted old pics cause I've seen those before and every recent pic has composite shafts fore and aft. After a little checking I've come to figure that maybe the pics are fresh off the press. [sm=confused.gif] I gotta make me some calls on Monday because I'm now officially confused.

P.S. Back and forth is what it's all about bro. We didn't get into any war about it. We just passed info back and forth like gentlemen. [8D]

Those are new photos, released on r c c a r a c t i o n today. Those are the latest ones on the RCX update forum that were released w/ the body pic.

I am done with the back and forth here.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:48 PM
CEN Racing

We are doing the best we can on the price. But please keep in mind, its a .46 engine, 3 speed, forward/reverse, 10 shocks with functional reservior, electric failsafe, full metal tranny gears, full steel CVS...etc. There are features never seen on most of the truck out there out of box. Its not cheap to build a .46 engine compatiable truck that will handle 5 HP.

Price is not that high if a .21 class, 2 speed, no reservior, no failsfae, no reverse, cost around $450. And you get this for $550 range (depend on shops)

Genesis 46 wegight around 17lbs.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:29 PM
spooner

after looking it over and over and reading and reading. i have to say that if i had $600 i would buy it and a different body at the same time..i'm just not into that body, it looks like some one tried to make a regular cab avalance(sp), and it didn't work...i do love the paint scheme....
Old 04-25-2004, 04:54 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Why does everybody keep calling this the prototype. According to CEN, this is the final version. Its supposedly in production right now. Other than the high price, the 20lb weight, and the retarded looking body, i have no problem with the truck.

Matt
YOU KNOW WHAT THERMAL did you even go to RCX?????? NO!!!!!! I saw actually saw it in person got to hold it look at it and I know quality when i see it and this is QUAILITY. it has all metal gears beefy as hell and it still hauls ass. also got to see it drive and i was amazed by the acceleration and how smooth the power band was. Every time adam drake pulled the trigger for gas it seemed as if was struggling to get the truck moving.

<edited for content>
Old 04-25-2004, 04:59 PM
kaipiroska

Please make it a good one. I'm an adult with a steady job, so the price's not an issue. The most important thing is to make it a good product from the beginning. So please make this truck a good one, and I'll get one, I won't even look at the price tag. Make it a dream car, and who the heck gives a damn about the price? That's what the jobs are for.

Ps. after a while, that body really grows on me. It looks COOL!!! Maybe I'm weird, but simply love it.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Dale Gribble

T-Maxx killer with my CENMT2-

I saw it! It was impressive in size, and looked like a HUGE and possibly fun truck. I dislike the body, but I am not ruling the truck out. I may still get one. I made some observations on the 'release' pics of the truck- and that has been the basis of discussion.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:52 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

After seeing video I am just not interested anymore.[sm=frown.gif]
Old 04-25-2004, 08:06 PM
cj100570

The videos look pretty good. The power to weight issue really doesn't seem to be an issue at all. The stiff ride is nothing that a little oil change and spring tuning can't solve. I've already pre-ordered one and I think it's gonna make a fine addition to my stable.