Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 04:29 PM
CustomClod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

Sorry the Quote did not work right[]
Old 04-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: CustomClod

Just an FYI to a new poster....

Use the "EDIT" function to, well....EDIT any posts in which you've made a mistake!! You'll see that option on every post YOU make, and you can do whatever you want to any post you've made.

Dean
Old 04-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Savage_Dias

29 < 30

I think dude was overstepping many boundaries when he said the Savage borrowed freely from Traxxas' DNA. True they do have the same size hex & they can use similar bodies. I won't argue that but if anyone needs proof I can show you that a RC10T body will fit on a Savage (got bored one day). Truth be told, I can probably fit my Digger Beatle body on my Savage too so the body claim is bull. ANY body can be made to fit ANY R/C. Sure, the wheel wells might not line up right but they're not exactly perfect when you ask most people. OK, so maybe he has a point, after all HPI DID use plastic, aluminum, & rubber to make the Savage but I got an insider's secret. They stole that from the Clodbuster. In the end all I can really say is I hope RC(Traxxas)A is using protection. lol BTW, I didn't buy a Maxx because the Savage looked beefier & it's 1/8 scale. I might have a Revo one day but it will be a close call between that & the LST.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:23 PM
CustomClod

ORIGINAL: Deandome

ORIGINAL: CustomClod

Just an FYI to a new poster....

Use the "EDIT" function to, well....EDIT any posts in which you've made a mistake!! You'll see that option on every post YOU make, and you can do whatever you want to any post you've made.

Dean

Thanks i will remenber that for my other posts
Old 04-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Spudnik

i will say in a sec that traxxas is over praised in the mt world for reasons that i will not say cause i don;t want to put them down. The savage did not borrow almost anything from the tmaxx, but it fed off hte craze. Don't get my wrong, all mt are great, but i think that the tmaxx needs to be not as praised as it is, for old technolgly. The new stuff is the lst (matt) cen gensis ect and we will be waiting for those to come out
Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

Guys, I'm all for a good debate, lets just remember to keep things civil, I don't want to see this post get out of line please! I know it's a sensitive subject, but please remember, we're all in the same boat here
Old 04-27-2004, 11:21 PM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: Ausar
fhm101, why don't you just sit back, relax, and have a nice big slice of humble pie and a nice ice-cold glass of humble juice to wash that pie down.
Get a life bro. I stand by everything I said, you argue semantics while you are reading WAY too much into a simple punch-up intro for a big splash article when the new truck hits the shelves. The guy that wrote the piece you are so on about is just doing his job like everyone else in the magazine industry, be nice to the advertisers and they will be nice to you. As you forgot to mention while you twisted my words like you did the mag editor's, the make nice policy that every magazine on earth has seen fit to adopt is why I quit reading magazines for anything more than entertainment. If you are foolish enough to take any of the drivel pumped out by any magazine to heart, maybe you should take a break from them for a while yourself. Just step back, take a few deep breaths, and get over yourself. You give yourself far too much credit by assuming I was somehow referring to you in my first reply. I was simply making general comments on what had been written. In short, it was an opinion, nothing more or less, exactly like the opinion you have that some magazine is not giving proper credit to the old school toys you love so much. The fact that our opinions differ does not make me after you, I could care less how you feel about such weighty subjects as who did what first in the world of toy monster trucks, or if some rc industry shill had their facts straight. I do however find it more than a little amusing that you would get so wound up over something so trivial as who was the "first" to have a particular feature on their toy. As I said before, relax. You might also want to lay off whatever psychotropic substances you are using that give you such a paranoid outlook.

I've seen the old stuff too and if you are silly enough to think any of the old stuff you mentioned could even hold a candle to the Maxx or any of the other current MT's out there, you are simply showing your ignorance. I race MT, a lot, and I have yet to see any of the hardware you tout so highly on any track I've been to in the last several years. The reason I don't see any of that old stuff is because racers could give a s*&t about what's cool or hip, they only want to win so they field winning designs. If a sluggish electric box with a high center and a truck body slapped on top is your idea of a monster truck, maybe you should pull your head out of your ass and take a hard look at what's winning and selling these days. I can assure you it ain't a 2wd electric with short suspension arms, friction shocks, and hard plastic tires.
OK I'm done, for now at least. Please feel free to twist my reply.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:24 AM
cj100570

WOW! What a passionate group!
Old 04-28-2004, 02:13 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

I've been in this hobby for over 25 years, how old are you??? I've seen a lot of change and up until recently there were no real monster trucks... Should we go after Tamiya for creating the Touring Car or AE for perfecting it???
uh I don't care bout the Tmaxx / Savage BS, as I hear it every day over and over at work... BLEWH BORING! But I will counter this statement. Tamiya created the Shaft Driven class of Touring Cars, deny it all you want, they did. Also, I would take a Tamiya over a pile / shady build quality of a TC3 ANYDAY. Tamiya has two classes basically in there market, entry level toys, and high dollar performers. A Tamiya will out perform a TC3 on the track anyday. Hmm, jus look at them... Evo3 vs TC3... Evo3 vs 414/415... hmmm...
Old 04-28-2004, 03:45 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have an idea LETS CUT THE BULL**** AND DELETE THIS THREAD capish? Traxxas that Traxxas this im getting tired of this maxx vs [insert truck] and these maxx bashing threads dont need to be hogging RCU space that could be used for more useful threads like how to fix [insert truck] THREAD DELETION REQUEST
Old 04-28-2004, 03:47 AM
caseyddr

Can I get an AMEN!

::crowd:: AMEN BROTHA
ORIGINAL: 378

i have an idea LETS CUT THE BULL**** AND DELETE THIS THREAD capish? Traxxas that Traxxas this im getting tired of this maxx vs [insert truck] and these maxx bashing threads dont need to be hogging RCU space that could be used for more useful threads like how to fix [insert truck] THREAD DELETION REQUEST
Old 04-28-2004, 03:53 AM

[sm=drowning.gif] TO THESE KINDA THREADS [sm=punching.gif] TO THE PPL THAT START THESE KINDA THREADS

AMEN TO THAT
lol normally i dont swear like that but maxx BS really gets me ticked ppl need to remember to buy what THEY want NOT what the guy running the cash register wants them to buy
Old 04-28-2004, 03:54 AM
caseyddr

Hey now watch it! I work at a hobbyshop! LOL
Old 04-28-2004, 03:56 AM

i didnt mean to offend u caseyddr i was just stating a point
Old 04-28-2004, 04:03 AM
caseyddr

haha I know! I hear it all the time.
ORIGINAL: 378

i didnt mean to offend u caseyddr i was just stating a point
Old 04-28-2004, 04:15 AM

ok my point still stands DELETE THREAD PLZ
Old 04-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Ausar

OKay. I see that many people here are making this thread into a maxx vs (insert truck) thread when it wasn't meant for that. I read the article, posted the thread and asked what people thought. Well, seems like there were some intelligent replies and some not so intelligent replies. Then there were replies of people bashing, automatically assuming that i had an ax to grind with Traxxas, then replying as if they were endowed with all RC knowledge and were the authority on the subject. I say to those with only negative things to say, get a life.

And once again to fhm101, dude, get a hold of your self quickly. Trust me. I got a life. A damn good one too. These "toys" that ou call them? Aren't they the same "toys" that you claim to have been raicng for so long? You see, you call them "toys" when reffering to me, but you call them "MTs' when reffering to yourself. What an idiot you are. Not every magazine operates off of this so called policy that you invented in your mind. Have you ever heard of consumer reports? Shoot, I could list many independant magazines you fool. And then you claim that I twist the article's and your words in my replies. No sir, I didn't twist anything like you did when you assumed I had an ax to grind with Traxxas. And jackal, you did say that I had an ax to grind with Traxxas. Don't sit here and claim that you didn't you self serving moron. Then you say that I tout all these old trucks, you jackass, i don't have ANY of them anymore. I gave them away in a trade LONG ago. I just used them as a reference. But your blind mind couldn't see that. You just assumed that I was comparing them to trucks of today. What a fool you are for making such a stupid comment. And trust me kid, this ain't hardly important to me. I just posted MY opinion. I got plenty of stuff going on in my life thats LEVELS more important than this article, YOU, or anything else you wanna say. I got a family to support jerk. I hardly have any time for my Savage. I have had it for a little over a month and have only run like 18 tanks through it. Most of those were during the first week that I had it. I'm no fool as you would like to believe son.

And about your "im on drugs" remark. Dude, you don't know me. Don't you EVER make an accusation like that again unless you wanna see me and prove it. I don't drink, have NEVER smoked (drugs included), and have NEVER EVER used illegal drugs or legal ones in illegal ways. Its stupid internet punks like yourself that say stupid crap like that while hiding behind your monitor. Please stop trying to be an internet thug you attention seeker. This is or you VVVVVV

Old 04-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Ausar

And please delete this thread because it was originally supposed to be for intelligent and rational replies but it was hijacked by people who turned it into a T-Maxx Vs thread which it was NEVER intended to be.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:15 AM
caseyddr

LMAO!!! HAAHAHAHAHAH THat picture was teh FUNY!!

LOL ok enough laughing... Me and FHM101 argue alot here about certain things, but come on man. He has you nailed...
Old 04-28-2004, 05:18 AM
Ausar

No, not at all. He only has himself nailed. Especially if he accuses me of being a psychotic drug user like himself. Trust me. I have no time to argue with cyber thugs like himself. Has never, and will never pull my card. Internet thugs like him get owned on a daily basis.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:25 AM
caseyddr

now now! You're not going to get anywhere if you keep denying! The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem!

lmao ^_^ whats this forum coming to..... See, if I don't argue with people, others will jus do the trouble making for me! eh mods? eh eh eh!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:09 AM
vtl1180ny

Ausur... As far as reliability... In 1 week of owning my MGT I broke more parts than I did in 3 years of owning my Pro-15 Maxx... Does this mean I am scared for life and thinking that the MGT is apeice of crap, absolutely not... I've seen Savages bend and break also, there's only so much you can do before something gives...

Back to the origional topic, Is RCCA hitting Traxxas, doubtful... Is Traxxas doing what they normally do and looking ahead and not just making one product, they sure are... Look how long it took AE and Now Losi to hit the MT bandwagon... For all we know all these companies are plotting against us...
Old 04-28-2004, 09:09 AM
fhm101

Forget deleting this thread! The only thing i love more than racing my toy cars is watching some 2 bit knob self destruct because someone had the audacity to offer a differing opinion. I've only got 3 words for Ausur DROP THE PIPE. It's never too late to get help. We all love you, it's just hard to like you much when you are out on a rock star bender. But like all things, that too will pass.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:26 AM
caseyddr

lmao!!!!
ORIGINAL: fhm101

Forget deleting this thread! The only thing i love more than racing my toy cars is watching some 2 bit knob self destruct because someone had the audacity to offer a differing opinion. I've only got 3 words for Ausur DROP THE PIPE. It's never too late to get help. We all love you, it's just hard to like you much when you are out on a rock star bender. But like all things, that too will pass.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:52 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

buh bye!