Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Ausar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

This is the article in its entirety from page 24 of the June Radio Controlled Car Action Magazine. It is presented verbatim (word for word). It was written by the Executive Editor, Peter Vieira.

Now sit back and read the bullcrap.

“Just in case you missed the cover, let me be the first to tell you that Traxxas has an all-new monster truck, and it’s called, “Revo.” That’s “Revo” as in “revolutionary,” and as I’m sure you’ll agree, revolutionary is certainly a good word for the latest big thing to come out of Texas. With the Revo, the monster truck scene has hit a new technological peak. The last big spike on the evolutionary chart of monster tech was the T-Maxx – the first nitro monster to combine long-arm independent suspension, a lifted chassis, 2-speed transmission, transmitter controlled reverse and electric starting all in one package. Since then, monster tech has progressed slowly, mostly with variations on the T-Maxx formula. Some trucks such as the HPI Savage and Associated Monster GT, borrow freely from T-Maxx DNA. Others stuck with “truggy” configurations based on 1/8 scale buggies but added T-Maxx touchstones such as reversing transmissions and RTR packaging. A notable exception is Team Losi, which deserves praise for innovating new features with the LST (namely monster-specific, mega-size shocks and dual servo steering) to go with Maxx-inspired touches like reverse capability and a 2-speed transmission.
Not that there’s anything wrong with aping the T-Maxx. Given the T-Maxx’s huge success, any competing brand would recognize that if it’s customers want Maxx-style features. But it’s time for monsters to evolve, and it’s only fitting that the Traxxas, the company that started it all, is the company that’s stepping up. The Revo is here, and it’s awesome. Everyone else has an even higher standard to shoot for. We can’t wait to see what comes next!”

Now is it just me, or does anyone else see whats SERIOUSLY wrong with this article? This article is implying that Traxxas is the first to use long arm independent suspension, reverse capability, and a more than 1 speed transmission. C’mon!!! These are all givens! If they hadn’t used them first, then someone else surely would have. But what makes the statement bad is that they are actually claiming that they have originated these things. Correct me if im wrong, but didn’t the Kyosho Nitro USA-1 have eight shocks and long arm independent suspension? Also, isn’t that a given seeing that these MT’s take serious abuse? Wasn’t there a gazillion electrics before the T-maxx that used reverse and 2 and 3 speed transmissions? Didn’t the Tamiya Mountaineer have 3 speeds? Also, a multiple speed transmission is only appropriate to use in a MT because of the serious speed and power that they put out. That is another given that Traxxas is boldly laying claim to. The audacity of Traxxas to lay claim to these things like they were innovative. They simply borrowed all their tech from electrics and was the first to the finish line to put it out on the market! They have hardly achieved anything with these so-called technological advances. C’mon, who do they think they are fooling? Also, the author of this article said some completely blasphemous things. He praised the LST in one sentence saying that they were innovative with their huge shocks and dual servo steering, but then in the next breath (and without mentioning that the Revo copied off of the LST’s dual servo steering setup) said that the LST copied off of the T-Maxx by using reverse capability and a 2 speed transmission. I was floored by that statement. How could they lay claim to the 2 speed transmission and reverse? But then, what almost made me have a heart attack was when I read where he said that the “HPI Savage…, borrowed freely from T-Maxx DNA.” How is this? When I look at a Savage and a T-Maxx, they look like two COMPLETELY different trucks. The main difference is that the Savage uses a TVP chassis setup where as the T-Maxx uses a flat pan, lifted style chassis. How dare they have the audacity to say that the Savage copied off of the T-Maxx in any way. Complete hogwash. I’ll admit, the Revo is a nice looking truck and all, but I don’t at all see it as being revolutionary and I certainly don’t think that Traxxas should be taking the credit for such simple things as a 2 speed transmission, reverse, and long arm independent suspension. I believe that RCCA is a completely Traxxas biased publication. I have been reading the last 7 or so issues of the magazine and have NEVER even see a Savage in the Readers Rides sections. Only T-Maxx’s and more T-Maxx’s pulling E-Maxx’s on trailers.

What do you guys think of this?

PS- Here is a pic of the eight shock USA-1 Nitro Crusher.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:46 AM
vizaracer

Default RE: Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas...

well, i know that traxxas does have a magazine like that so that one must be it. i also agree with you. i think the revo is pretty revolutionary though for the shock set up on a nitro monster truck. it also preobably has one of the coolest *stock* bodies i think. it looks cool for a stock truck so i guess thats the revolutionary part.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:02 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

politics baby
Old 04-27-2004, 01:12 AM
cj100570

I have to agree with Ausar 100%. I am a fan of Traxxas but enough is definitely enough with Traxxas being given credit for technology it borrowed and didn't create. RCCA is a great magazine that has served me well for more than a decade and I had always thought of it's reporting as fair and unbiased until they started this love affair/infatuation that they seem to have with everything Maxx. Yes the T-Maxx introduced certain things to the MT community that it didn't have before but it is not the wonder truck that it is portrayed to be. In it's day it was great but has since been eclipsed by such worthy offerings as the Savage & MGT to name a few. As I've said in other posts; the Revo isn't revolutionary but re-used technology served up as something new.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:38 AM
fhm101

I didn't see a single thing in the article you posted claiming that Traxxas invented anything. The actual claim is they were the first to combine the features they did into a single package and that the HUGE success of that package spawned a wealth of imitators. Both of these claims are 100% accurate as is the claim that traxxas has once again raised the bar in MT with their new truck.
Don't get me wrong, I quit reading RC mags a long time ago because they refuse to risk the loss of potential advertiser dollars by giving an accurate report on any new RC car. Does this mean there is biased reporting regarding ALL so called RC car tests done by ALL the magazines that run such tests, yes it does. Does it mean that the mag in question has entered into some kind of nebulous conspiracy with a major RC car manufacturer to defraud an unwitting public? Hardly. It's nothing more than business as usual in the RC car mag world. To recap, the mags say nice things about a manufacturers product and these manufacturers repay this kindness by purchasing ad space in the mags so they can survive to be slammed by folks with an agenda against whatever manufacturer happens to be the nice guy that particular issue.
Whatever ax you have to grind with traxxas is your affair, but please don't try to make anyone that says anything positive about them a part of some greater conspiracy to defraud the public, it's simply not so.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:59 AM
vtl1180ny

Does anyone here remember when Traxxas was the race truck to have? Probably not.... I too saw nothing that Traxxas invented it all, Traxxas Packaged it all... Have any of you owned a Nitro Powered Kyosho vehicle? I did, I was one of the first to buy the Outlaw Rampage Pro, the first 1/10 scale Nitro Stadium truck... Want to talk about a piece of garbage.... I refuse to ever buy another Kyosho veheicle because of it...

Traxxas brought on the monster craze, it was not there prior to the T-Maxx... Every truck besides the Truggies borrowed much from the T-Maxx... Traxxas found the combination that worked and sold, plain and simple... Up until recently there was no such thing as RTR, we built our cars/trucks... There was no such thing as electric start.... No Reverse... A monster truck was a Tamiya Blackfoot...

I've been in this hobby for over 25 years, how old are you??? I've seen a lot of change and up until recently there were no real monster trucks... Should we go after Tamiya for creating the Touring Car or AE for perfecting it???
Old 04-27-2004, 07:37 AM
rcblaze

Plain and simply put if it wasn't for the T-maxx would this even be a debate. I'm not a big fan of Traxxas. But that's b/c as mentioned above I know what to look for in a new RC. In other words I'm no longer a newby and have very little need for a RTR. Either way Traxxas has paved a way which is great for us the more RC stuff the better. If you like traxxas then you have a new RC to take to the track and be competitive with all the big boys out the box. If you dislike the t-maxx then you have something to beat at your local track.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:43 AM
ThermalRD

This thread can only go south from here. It doesnt really matter that any other company EVER used any of the features a maxx has. What matters is the fact that Traxxas put them together and was SUCCESSFUL at doing so. Traxxas is responsible for this BOOM in MT's. For that, im very thankful.

Matt
Old 04-27-2004, 09:11 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

as far as the critic of the mag goes.
You realy never will read a article that doesn't only focus on the positive aspects of any product. Maybe I say Maybe mention one or two of the weak spots. Especially when the Mag is selling ad space to the company it's product the review is about. The whole idea is to get you hot for the product. This is true with any Mag I've ever got, RC airplanes, Cars, Motorcycle mags, all of them.

If you want a honest opinion get Consumer Reports
Old 04-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

a) Month in/month out, Traxxas has a LOT less advertising than LOTS of other companies. OFNA, Trinity, Epic, Kyosho ALL have a much higher page count, and probably about the same as HPI. I'm sick of all this "they're in bed w/Traxxas" crap. RCCA & all other mags are in bed with EVERYONE!!!!

b)You are plain ignorant if you say Traxxas copied Losi re. dual steering servos!! BOTH trucks were announced within weeks of each other & have had long development cycles. So unless there were spies, there's NO WAY either of them coulda copied from the other!! Maybe Losi copied/spied on Traxxas but managed to announce their truck earlier

c) Savage DID incorporate LOTS of T-Maxx features. Sure it's a different chassis, but the entire truck was a RESPONSE to the Maxx & HPI has evolved it to keep up w/ Traxxas re. speed, 2-speed, reverse, powered starting and wheel & body compatibility. The S-21 was lots SLOWER than the Maxx 2.5, so they gave it a .25 engine. People liked EZ Start (or at least it helped them choose Traxxas, even if they ended up not liking it), so BAM, the S-25 has Rotostart. HPI made a unique truck but they saw what worked for the HUGE selling Maxx & adjusted their feature set accordingly.

d) Considering there are probably/at least TWENTY TIMES more T-Maxxes in the market vs. Savages, the proportion of RCCA "Reader Rides" is pretty much right!! Have YOU sent in GOOD pics??? Have you gone on the Savage Forum & urged everyone to send in their pics??
Old 04-27-2004, 12:42 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Deandome

b)You are plain ignorant if you say Traxxas copied Losi re. dual steering servos!! BOTH trucks were announced within weeks of each other & have had long development cycles. So unless there were spies, there's NO WAY either of them coulda copied from the other!! Maybe Losi copied/spied on Traxxas but managed to announce their truck earlier
I could say that Traxxas and Losi copyed the duel servo systems they have from the MRC Thunder King which has been out and used for 13+ years, MRC was the FIRST! company to use a duel servo system in ANY! 8scale kit on the market and still today it is one of the best designs out.

It is a fact that Traxxas boosted up the m/t part of this hobby because they made a product that appealed to to many newcomers to this hobby which has helped the M/T part of the hobby overall and for this they deserve credit.

THE PROBLEM I do have with some MAGS and some People that own the t maxx product is pushing it, promoting it as if it's the best performing r/c truck product ever made (as if no other company could make products as good as traxxas) THIS IS TOTAL BS. Example the 1/10 scale marketed USA-1 kit above will KILL! a a t maxx in perfomance and handling on ANY track area as would a few other older kits on the market also. Imo, the usa-1 is 10 times as strong as any t maxx also as are other older kits on the market.

The r/c truck market was here LONG! before traxxas came along, traxxas did not invent the wheel, products like the USA-1, Thunder King, Blazer sst, Mugen sst and others were here way before with better, faster, stronger more high quality products that did NOT NEED upgrades to be fast and durable. Traxxas came along after with a whole diffrent marketing idea... $$$upgrade $$$upgrade $$$upgrade.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Ausar

Okay, this is for all those in here who think i'm some bitter Traxxas hater. Let me fist say that I am 25 years old (26 in june). My first ever real RC was a Tamiya Stadium Blitzer. Yes, man, a Stadium Blitzer. Circa early 1990's. However, my first experiences with "real" rc's was with the Tamiya Lunch Box. Remember when they were sold at Toys R Us? Yes, man, that far back. So no, i'm no newbie to RC. And the Outlaw Rampage? I had the electric version. I also had a Kyosho Ferrari, and then when it FIRST came out, I immediately got the Traxxas Nitro Hawk. That truck was Traxxas' first nitro stadium truck. It came ARR. All I needed to do with that was install my radio gear, paint the body, and fire it up. That was a long time ago. So, my point about that is that I actually like Traxxas stuff and will probably get a Revo. BUT, my gripe is how they blatantly say that all other monsters borrow from the T-Maxx? C'mon dudes, you guys are claiming that there was no market for MTs before the T-Maxx? How couldsay such things? The USA-1, the Blackfoot, the Midnight Pumpkin, the Lunch Box, and many other MTs were out WAYYYYY before the T-Maxx. So for anyone to lay the claim that the T-Maxx invented the MT market would be a lie. It might have been slower before the T-Maxx, but i'll bet it was because they were only sold as kits. I praise Traxxas for offering RTR's. That alone is probably what made them sell so much. However, even though Traxxas has put a lot of that stuff on the T-Maxx first doesn't mean they have the ight to lay claim to it like they were the founders - even if they are using semantics. (Also, Its really the magazine that is touting all this stuff about Traxxas. It would be expected to hear these claims from Traxxas themselves.) And for all you guys in here trying to blast me and say that I don't know what i'm talking about, why don't you guys do a couple of google image searches to look at some of the older RC's. Traxxas did in no way shape or form invent, pioneer, establish, or be the first to use things such as long-arm independant suspension (My Stadium Bitzer had that.), the 2 or more speed transmission (countless amounts of RC's prior to the T-Maxx had a 2 or more peed transmission), reversing transmission (i think about 90% of RC's prior to the T-Maxx had reverse). So for this guy to write a statement like the LST borrowed T-Maxx touchstones like reverse and a 2 speed tranny is completely BOGUS. And to the guy who said they came out within weeks f each other? Okay. Cool. So how can this editor of this major magazine say in the same breath that LOSI copied off of the T-Maxx? The thing that bothers me most is that the editor never once mentioned that the T-Maxx borrowed HEAVILY from electric tech. I remember the Losi electric buggies and the Associated buggies always having the most innovative stuff back then. I rmember the Shumacher nitro buggies and trucks. The Mugen buggies and Trucks, just to name a few. It may not be Traxxas who is at fault here, but RCCA definatley is. And one guy claims that the ratio of T-Maxx's is much higher than any other MT. Well, that could be due to a lot of things. Particularly that the T-Maxx was out first and came in a RTR format. And to the guy that says hes been in the hobby for over 25 years, how could you say that there was no monster trucks befre the T-maxx and that a MT was a blackfoot? What about the USA-1? What about the Midnight Pumpkin? And what about all the other MT's that were out before the T-Maxx? Do you remember the MRC cars and trucks? They were HUGE! Do you remember the Bolik RC's? Do you even remeber that Futaba even released a stadium truck? Do you remember things such as the Losi Hydradrive? Do you remember that even Tyco took a shot and put out a "real" Rc? C'mon dudes, you guys are completely missing the point here. You come in here making these claims that They found out what works and now eryone is copying off of them and what not. But that is ALL NOT TRUE. If anything, all these MT's are borrowing from the electrics, not the T-Maxx. And to Deandome. How can i possibly be "plain ignorant" by saying that the Revo copied off of the LST with the dual servo steering? Huh? How could I? I'm using the same strategy as the editor did when he wrote his article. He's not so slow to say that the LST has borowed T-Maxx "touchstones" such as a 2 speed and reverse. But he totally forgot to say that the LST was released first; and so using his writing startegy, he should have mentioned that the LST had the dual servos first. Then you say that the Savage DID incorporate LOTS of T-Maxx features by incopaorating the 2-speed (once again, the 2 speed been around WAYYYYY LONGER THAN THE T-MAXX) and reverse (once again, REVERSE BEEN AROUNG WAYYYY LONGER THAN THE T-Maxx) and wheel and body compatibility. Well dude, compatibility between brands is NOT a new concept, it has been around in RC many mooons before the T-Maxx so for you or anyone else to claim that the Savage or any other truck copies off of the T-Maxx in that way would be a complete falsehood. I remember using parts from my Stadium Blitzer on my Kyosho electric Rampage. Then you completely contradicted yourself in your "b)" statement with your whole "spy" theory. And Twenty times more T-Maxx's in the market than Savages? Hmm. Maybe there are more T-Maxxs out there than Savages, but that is probably due to the T-Maxx being out longer. Anyone could have guessed that. But, let me ask you this. Do you think that anyone with Savages or any other MT have sent in pics for the readers rides? I don't know for sure, but i'm willing to bet that they get plenty of pics of other MTs besides the T-Maxx to go into the readers rides section. Once again, a foolish statement.

And for FHM101. No, they didn't directly claim that. But read the article. It's very obviuos that the editor is using semantics to beat around the bush from saying that they invented the stuff. But then he uses semantics again when he claims that MT's are borrowing from the T-Maxx. He is saying (without saying) that the T-Maxx started or made or invented (whichever word works best for you) all those things that he says that other MT's have ripped from the T-Maxx. Can you see it now? The editor doesn't directly say it, but he words his article in a way that it is implied or inferred that Traxxas came out with this stuff first. And thats bullcrap. And then you go wayyyy out in left feild and say that I have a "ax to grind with Traxxas and that i'm implying that there is some great conspiracy to defraud the public? C'mon dude, don't make me laugh at your silly reply. My fisrt nitro was a Traxxas NItro Hawk. And I have stated on many forums before reading this article that I would probably purchase a Revo (a T-Maxx if the Revo hadn't come out). And I still will purchase a Revo. So no, i don't have an ax to grind with Traxxas as you would like to believe. And i'm not trying to say that anyone is trying to comit a grand conspiracy as you would also like to believe. You pick apart the article and made sure about this statement you made, (quote)I didn't see a single thing in the article you posted claiming that Traxxas invented anything. The actual claim is they were the first to combine the features they did into a single package and that the HUGE success of that package spawned a wealth of imitators. Both of these claims are 100% accurate as is the claim that traxxas has once again raised the bar in MT with their new truck.(quote) But then you slip and make false statements implying that I have an ax to grind with Traxxas and that I'm claiming that the editor is involved in some conspiracy. HA HA HA, how silly do you sound? If anything, I said "Now sit back and read the bullcrap." And, "Now is it just me, or does anyone else see whats SERIOUSLY wrong with this article?" And I named the thread, "Radio Controlled Car Action Is Sleeping With Traxxas." No where in those statements did I say anything about a conspiracy, and no where in my entire reply did I state that I had an ax to grind with Traxxas. (I actually like their stuff. I have NEVER bad mouthed ANY oftheir products. And I frequent something like 10 rc forums.) What I WAS implying was that RCCA is a biased publication. Don't twist my words. You don't have my permission to do so.

fhm101, why don't you just sit back, relax, and have a nice big slice of humble pie and a nice ice-cold glass of humble juice to wash that pie down.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Ausar

While i was typing my last reply, Gator8 replied with basically some of the same things that I was saying. I remember the MRC's but I forgot that they had the dual servo steering.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:14 PM
vtl1180ny

I coudln't even read that whole post...

First off The Blackfoot (of which I still have) Midnight pumpkin and whatever are not in the same league with the MT's of today, not even close... The MRC was basically a Stadium Truck, not a Monster Truck by design... We are talking 4wd Nitro powered vehicles here for the most part, there are the few electrics... Up until the T-Maxx, what Nitro vehicle had reverse? I know Schumacher was producing multi speed trannies back in the late 80's early 90's but seeing one of those was like seeing a DeTomaso, very rare... I can't remember which it was but there was a nitro vehicle with an ELECTRIC reverse...

Have you ever thought about racing a blackfoot or midnight pumpkin? There'd be no loser because the trucks would never even finnish the race... They are toys compared to today's trucks... The only saving grace the Clodbuster has is a huge aftermarket supply for it...

I keep hearing that this one copied that one and copied this one... *** cares? Except for the REVO every truck out there is a copy of another...

Traxxas took notice of the guys who were putting big tires on their Stadium trucks and decided to market a truck that was designed to have Big Wheels on it... The other companies took notice of this and went along for the ride... Which in itself is a great thing because we are getting products out there with exceptional quality... It's kind of like the Mini Van craze, Chrysler made a mini van and then everyone made a mini van... Same thing with SUV's.... I still don't know why someone needs a Caddilac truck, but if you want to waste your money on an over priced chevy, be my guest, you're the dumbass....

There's only so many ways you can design a car/truck... You can have leading/trailing arms or A arms... That is it... As for dual servo's the airplane guys have been using dual servo before most of us were born...

To the newbies reading this... Whichever truck you like, get it... They are ALL good... Don't listen to the brand loyalists and get whichever gives you the biggest woody... I own or have owned RC's from just about every manfacturer... My current MT lineup is 2 T-maxx's an E Maxx and a MGT.... Oh yea, my Blackfoot... Hahaha....
Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Ausar

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

I coudln't even read that whole post...

First off The Blackfoot (of which I still have) Midnight pumpkin and whatever are not in the same league with the MT's of today, not even close... The MRC was basically a Stadium Truck, not a Monster Truck by design... We are talking 4wd Nitro powered vehicles here for the most part, there are the few electrics... Up until the T-Maxx, what Nitro vehicle had reverse? I know Schumacher was producing multi speed trannies back in the late 80's early 90's but seeing one of those was like seeing a DeTomaso, very rare... I can't remember which it was but there was a nitro vehicle with an ELECTRIC reverse...

Have you ever thought about racing a blackfoot or midnight pumpkin? There'd be no loser because the trucks would never even finnish the race... They are toys compared to today's trucks... The only saving grace the Clodbuster has is a huge aftermarket supply for it...

I keep hearing that this one copied that one and copied this one... *** cares? Except for the REVO every truck out there is a copy of another...

Traxxas took notice of the guys who were putting big tires on their Stadium trucks and decided to market a truck that was designed to have Big Wheels on it... The other companies took notice of this and went along for the ride... Which in itself is a great thing because we are getting products out there with exceptional quality... It's kind of like the Mini Van craze, Chrysler made a mini van and then everyone made a mini van... Same thing with SUV's.... I still don't know why someone needs a Caddilac truck, but if you want to waste your money on an over priced chevy, be my guest, you're the dumbass....

There's only so many ways you can design a car/truck... You can have leading/trailing arms or A arms... That is it... As for dual servo's the airplane guys have been using dual servo before most of us were born...

To the newbies reading this... Whichever truck you like, get it... They are ALL good... Don't listen to the brand loyalists and get whichever gives you the biggest woody... I own or have owned RC's from just about every manfacturer... My current MT lineup is 2 T-maxx's an E Maxx and a MGT.... Oh yea, my Blackfoot... Hahaha....

Dude, it was only a matter of time before someone put a reverse on a nitro vehicle. Its a given. I remeber when I had my Nitro Hawk I said I wished that it had reverse. Traxxas was just the first to beat everyone to the punch on putting it in a nitro MT first. They did absolutley NOTHING special by incorporating reverse. Its the same principle as this: Many centuries ago, people lived in homes made of clay or sod, or mud. It was only a matter of time before someone decided to make a house made of wood. The point: So what now that John Doe put his wood house toghether first while others were still constructing theirs, he gets all the credit for the wood house?

And of course the older MTs aren't in the same league as the stuff today. No one is claiming that they are. But they DID exist before the T-Maxx. But even YOU stated that there was a nitro vehicle with an electric reverse before the T-Maxx in the same sentence where you said, "Up until the T-Maxx, what Nitro vehicle had reverse?" You answered your own question. So how could you imply that there wasn't another nitro vehicle with reverse befroe the T-Maxx when you yourself siad that there was? And I have had RC's from Tamiya, Kyosho, Traxxas, and HPI. So no, there is no brand loyalty here. If a company puts out a great product that stands the test of time (usually 1 year will do it for me), then I may consider it. I read up heavily on the T-Maxx and Savage before I made my purchase. I read countless amounts of forum threads trying to get a hold on which was the better truck for me. Iwanted durability, reliability, and great aftermarket support. The Savage seemed to edge out the T-Maxx in those categories for me. But what really sealed the deal was the videos at Trilordy and SlapMaFro. Those Savages were jumping over garages and not breaking!!! I was sold after that!!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
MAXXPAIN

TRAXXAS is the giant.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Mxracer45

Traxas is not the giant they only make 1/10 scale trucks hahahaha
Old 04-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Deandome

How could I? I'm using the same strategy as the editor did when he wrote his article. He's not so slow to say that the LST has borowed T-Maxx "touchstones" such as a 2 speed and reverse. But he totally forgot to say that the LST was released first; and so using his writing startegy,
Umm...

I haven't seen the article, but gee, it seems to say Losi took "touchstones" from the T-MAXX, not the REVO!!!!!!! Something tells me Losi could have gotten their hands on one of THOSE, rare & secretive as they might be

And you keep harping on past trucks that a) were ELECTRIC and/or b) none of which put everything into ONE truck!!! 8 shocks, 2-speed, reverse, electric start, pre-painted body, RTR......ALL of those features combined made the T-Maxx TRULY "revolutionary".
Old 04-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Overalnd

The true question is, who really cares? As long as it's fast and durable I don't care what a magazine says about it at all. I also don't care what company make s it.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Talk about getting your panties in a bunch over nothing! This thread takes the cake. More false accusations by the uninformed. If you don't like the Revo-DON'T BUY IT!! If R/C Car Action upsets you so much-DON'Y BUY IT!! This is just another Savage vs Tmaxx thread thats going nowhere.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:43 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Deandome

c) Savage DID incorporate LOTS of T-Maxx features. Sure it's a different chassis, but the entire truck was a RESPONSE to the Maxx & HPI has evolved it to keep up w/ Traxxas re. speed, 2-speed, reverse, powered starting and wheel & body compatibility. The S-21 was lots SLOWER than the Maxx 2.5, so they gave it a .25 engine. People liked EZ Start (or at least it helped them choose Traxxas, even if they ended up not liking it), so BAM, the S-25 has Rotostart. HPI made a unique truck but they saw what worked for the HUGE selling Maxx & adjusted their feature set accordingly.
wasn't the maxx a .15 when savage came out with a s-21?
Old 04-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: mrjon53

wasn't the maxx a .15 when savage came out with a s-21?
Yeah, and I believe the Maxx was faster then, too! But what I meant is that when Traxxas upgraded to the 2.5, THEN HPI was forced to go to the S-25, as there was a HUGE speed difference between the 2.5 Maxx & the S-21
Old 04-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Mxracer45

No savage was faster wen the maxxhad the pro .15 and savage had .21. Th maxx only did 29mph[&o] They upgraded the trx engine but wen they gave it more power they took out reliability.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Deandome

Pretty sure the S-21 clocked in at about 30 mph, too, so I think it has to be a draw!
Old 04-27-2004, 04:28 PM
CustomClod

I have been reading the last 7 or so issues of the magazine and have NEVER even see a Savage in the Readers Rides sections. Only T-Maxx’s and more T-Maxx’s pulling E-Maxx’s on trailers.

Febuary 2004, KYOSHO usa-1, TXT-1
March 2004, mod clodbuster
June 2004, XTM X-Factor

So a lot where t-maxxs but there are others in their

P.S.
And about t-maxx pulling the e-maxx, it was the other way around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.