Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

diff c cup for fun factor truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

diff c cup for fun factor truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
ND4SPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diff c cup for fun factor truck

Hi everyone, new to the fourm and R/C cars. I just recently bought a used CEN Fun Factor truck. Wanted to know were I can get new diff C Cups for the front diff at the best price, they are both broke. Thanks for any help.

- Paul
Old 04-27-2004, 11:32 AM
tidus10

Default RE: diff c cup for fun factor truck

hey paul wuzup i am also sorta new to the RC world and the great MT series i may have a couple web sites that u search well enough u may be able to find what ur looking for (i'm not very sure though)

[link=http://www.hobbytron.com]hobbytron[/link]
[link=http://www.ehobbies.com]ehobbies[/link]

happy hunting
Jer~
Old 04-27-2004, 01:51 PM
mecky33

Paul, the Diff cups are a GX12 and they are available from www.ehobbies.com and www.toyhaus.com. Ehobbies is cheaper and toyhaus ships faster usually. Let me know if you have any other questions about your truck. I will be more than happy to help you out.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:42 PM
ND4SPD

Thanks for the help guys, there not as expensive as I thought, I will prob buy a few extra. Is there anything special I need to know about installing the new cups, any advice is greatly appreciated. I have the Fun Factor truck with the yellow and red truck body. Is there any other part that is prone to breaking I should know about with this truck?

here is the link I went to...is the right part I need. I'm pretty sure it is being the same part # and all but just wanted to be sure. http://www.ehobbies.com/rc-cen-gx12.html
Old 04-28-2004, 11:04 PM
mecky33

ND4SPD, I have posted a list of spare parts on this forum somewhere, just a quick recap though.

Diff cups 2 sets
47T spur 1
44T spur 1
glow plugs, short cold 2
screw set 1

There may be a few other odds and ends that you may want to get as you run your truck and learn what breaks. This should get you started though. Go to www.toyhaus.com and use their live parts schematic to get part numbers for the stuff I listed.

As far as installing the diff cups. Undo the top A arm retaining pin and pull it out. This will give you enough room to slide the dog bone back in to the new diff cup. use pliers or your fingers, what ever works best, and pull the old diff cup out. Slide in the apropriate new diff cup and install the dog bone. Put the A arm back on and install the retaining pin. It should only take a minute to install. Usually I take longer to find the tools than to replace a diff cup. The procedure is the same regardless of which diff cup. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Sweetshoes90210

There is a way that you can set up your cups so that they will never break * guarenteed *

first of all this cant fix diff cups, only prevent them from ever breaking again so you need to start with 4 good diff cups.

buy a piece of 7/16 diameter brass tubing

cut off 4 pieces that are 1/4 inches long.

get some aluminum foil, tin foil or some thing that is similar to that.

cut 4 strips that are 1/4 inch wide and about 6 inches long.

wrap one strip around a diff cup and take one of the pieces of brass tubing and try to fit it on.

it probably wont fit so remove one turn of the foil and try again.

repeat this until the brass piece fits over the foil.

incase you are wondering, you need the foil because the diff cup is a little smaller than the brass tubing on the inside and the foil takes up that little bit of space.

after the brass piece fits over the diff cup and foil and is not loose, put a couple drops of thin CA glue (tire glue, superglue) on it and let it sit for about 5 minutes while the glue dries completely.

repeat for the other three diff cups.

the last thing that you need to do is file down the little part of the shock tower that is near the diff cup. this is nessasary because the now slightly larger diff cup needs a little more room.

Once you do this, you cups should be bullet proof..., it worked for me, I have never once broke a cup because of this idea.
Good luck (Credit to - nitromacguyver)
Old 04-29-2004, 08:42 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

could we get pics of that mod?
thanks ken.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:24 PM
bolegs

Hey shoes, isn't it the a-arm that needs to be filed/sanded a bit?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:08 AM
ND4SPD

Thanks for the list mecky33, I'll have to go check those parts out.

Sweetshoes90210, thats a pretty cool mod, like some others were saying try to get some pics...
Old 05-01-2004, 11:03 AM
bolegs

I thought I'd give this a try and I had a couple of spare joint cups for the center dog bone. Works great, here is a picture. I will be doing the diff cups next. If you do the joint cups be sure and remove the setscrews before putting on the thin CA. You know there is another thread going about diff cups, I put this post there too.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Sorry guys, no pics yet. I dont gatta a digital camera or webcam.. Sorry guys. Ill try to scan a pic in...