Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Nitro Baja King (MT) had 2speed and reverse before T-Maxx...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kyosho Nitro Baja King (MT) had 2speed and reverse before T-Maxx...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Ausar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Nitro Baja King (MT) had 2speed and reverse before T-Maxx...

Just take a look at it this reply. I'm not trying to start any arguments or debates or anything like that. I like Traxxas products and will buy a REVO in couple of months. I'm no Traxxas hater or anything like that. I just read this and was surpised. Please, I am not posting this to turn it into a T-Maxx vs thread. Its just some info. Take it for what its worth.

This is a reply from HPISavage forum.
Wasn't this out before the T-Maxx?

http://www.dawntrading.com.au/kyobaja_beetle.htm

The ULTIMATE scale VW -
it's nitro-powered, with reverse gear!
You have to see it in action to believe it. Not only does the flashy 4WD Baja Beetle rip over off-road turf with unstoppable nitro muscle..just punch the throttle back, and the buggy's heavy-duty transmission snaps it right into reverse. This one's guaranteed to make your racing buddies go bug-eyed!

Features the revolutionary Quick Reverse Clutch:
The QRC (Quick Reverse Clutch) is brand-new nitro racing technology, developed exclusively by Kyosho® and found ONLY in the Baja Beetle and Dodge Ram. It lets you shift instantly into reverse - from your 2-channel radio! Factory-assembled, the QRC unit will endure brutal, repeated back-and-forth shifting. There's never before been a reverse-equipped transmission this tough and dependable.

2 sets of gears, forward and reverse, are built around the clutch mechanism. The clutch engages either set of the gears for forward or reverse action.

The key to durability is that there are no gears moving back and forth and no gear teeth forced to quickly change direction.

Throttle and reverse are controlled with a single channel by the use of a cam.

Plus, a 2-Speed Transmission is available to add an exciting second forward gear.

" well I think I remeber this from way back"

And there is a RCCA article .....

Sometimes you don’t realize history has been made until it repeats itself. Case in point: the Kyosho QRC Field Beetle, released in 1997. When the Beetle was introduced nearly five years ago, everyone recognized the significance of its Quick Reverse Clutch (QRC) transmission that permitted it to back up under nitro power. That was history. But it wasn’t until Traxxas released the T-Maxx that the Field Beetle’s other drive-train features could be fully appreciated. Its front and rear gearboxes were suspended beneath the chassis and joined via shafts to a reversing center transmission that was bolted to the top of the chassis but passed through it to meet the drive shafts below—in essence, the same layout as Traxxas uses so capably on its Maxx trucks. The differences in technical details between the Maxx trucks and Kyosho’s QRC machine are myriad, but the broad strokes are the same.
Now Kyosho has released an updated version of the QRC truck chassis that, ironically, takes a page from the Traxxas design book. A disc brake has been added to the formerly brakeless drive train, and an electric starter replaces the Kyosho GS15R engine’s pull-starter. The GS15R itself is another upgrade, as the original Field Beetle included a smaller-displacement GS-11X powerplant. The revised QRC-equipped trucks are offered with Baja Beetle and “Wild” Dodge Ram-style shells, and with Ram-fan Kevin Hetmanski’s help, I built and tested both.

(Mods, if this topic is inappropriate because the other topic was locked, then I apologize and please delete or lock this one.)
Old 04-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Kyosho Nitro Baja King (MT) had 2speed and reverse before T-Maxx...

Nothing wrong with your post! You posted information, and indeed you are right, T-Maxx wasn't the first.

Those QRC trucks were alright, and one is still around- the Mega Force.

When a company finds a good idea, sure, others will share that idea. Things wouldn't progress if they didn't.

Cool post though.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Spudnik

that kind of looks like the monster beetle imo, but i have only seen a few pics. That post is not a hate'n post and it does only give the facts. Two thumbs up to you for not trying to say the maxx sucks................... cause it does......................not lol

Dale, thanks for the info on the Mad force. I am going to get a mad force, when my Dad thinks there has been enough time between my last truck (early Jan), But that will give me enough time to save up for the mad force, and a fast charger.

thanks
Old 05-03-2004, 08:58 PM
vtl1180ny

Ok, so you proved us wrong... Let's move on... I still have a bad taste for Kyosho since I wasted money on the Outlaw Rampage Pro... Bet half the users here weren't even born yet when that truck came out...
Old 05-04-2004, 02:48 AM
popuptoaster

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

Ok, so you proved us wrong... Let's move on... I still have a bad taste for Kyosho since I wasted money on the Outlaw Rampage Pro... Bet half the users here weren't even born yet when that truck came out...

Hehehehee, and the other half (including me) are old enough to remember buying a bruiser brand new. I really wish i hadnt broken it and then swopped it for a bike with my mate though.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Ausar
(Mods, if this topic is inappropriate because the other topic was locked, then I apologize and please delete or lock this one.)
It's not that it's inappropriate, however its a subsidiary of the post that was locked.....and just seems to be a continuom of that post....