RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

So many new trucks... TNX

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So many new trucks... TNX

So everybody here is posting there brand loyalty eh? Yah well it's my turn after being gone a month or 2 to ask about my interest.

The Tamiya TNX.

I and many posters here had great experiences with the Terra Crusher, jus wondering if any of those people have gone out and tried the TNX. Looking for feedback! Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:01 AM
TiggerDH

Default RE: So many new trucks... TNX

Hey casey,

There have been a lot of good things said about the TNX. It also had a really good showing at the Proline Nitro Maxx Challenge - and may have won, if not for a bad pit strategy. (They ended up 2nd, 3rd and 4th, you can see the story here: [link=http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc/setuptips/tnx_race.html]The TNS Ventures into it's first race[/link] ) Check out the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/TNX_anybody%3F%3F%3F/m_1955108/tm.htm]TNX anybody?[/link] fourm for some more 'real world' opinions. While it has been overshadowed by the likes of the LST and Revo releases, with it's .18 engine, lighter weight, forward only trans (stock, reverse optional) and good durability so far it looks like a contender. Check out what others think on the link.

Cheers!
Darryl
Old 07-20-2004, 10:02 AM
ThermalRD

I know that wizen has one now. From what i've heard its a great truck. They just arent selling that well. I think its a good truck though, especially for under 400 dollars.

Matt
Old 07-20-2004, 12:24 PM
caseyddr

see I read that too on the TC forums about wizen, he BASHED his Terra Crusher to hell and back, claimed he was never going to buy a Tamiya truck again, then goes and buys a TNX...

must be a godly truck then! haha

Its definately #1 on my list of to get items.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:43 PM
twisted

i am so happy with mine.cant complain at all.it doesnt have the hype the losi or revo does but it as much truck as either of them.its simpler in design but it doesnt hinder its performance at all.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:44 PM
caseyddr

My basic impression is its Terra Crusher v.2
Old 07-20-2004, 10:19 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one hopefully arriving in the next couple days. I got a great price from ultimate hobbies, they have been beating everyones prices, by 30 to 60 dollars. The salesman told me they are a wicked racer, he also told me they don't have one spare part for the truck yet because they are not selling well. Its the usual, traxas, savage, mgt, and losi with traxas getting the most attention, and the mgt as of late. Nothing personal to hurt anyones feelings, but i was glad to see my Tmaxx go it sure broke easy. I wanted a no nonsense balls to the wall wicked running monster truck, i don't need reverse, thats just one more thing to go wrong.[:@]
Old 07-20-2004, 11:30 PM
twisted

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

My basic impression is its Terra Crusher v.2
basicaly it is with some changes to some key areas!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 AM
TiggerDH

Yea, like a completely different chassis (full length aluminum), lighter weight (about 9½ pounds), stonger 3.0 / .18 engine designed by OS, and a race ready 2 spd, forward-only tranny.

Just like the terra cursher, yep... [8D]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:16 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: TiggerDH

Yea, like a completely different chassis (full length aluminum), lighter weight (about 9½ pounds), stonger 3.0 / .18 engine designed by OS, and a race ready 2 spd, forward-only tranny.

Just like the terra cursher, yep... [8D]
your ignorance on the Terra Crusher baffles me lol. it isn't a completely different chassis, jus the CHASSIS PLATE. The wheelbase/length/width are nearly identical, 90% of the parts are interchangable, and they fixed the transmission and diff problems, which I personally never had in my Terra crusher...

idiot.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:28 AM
TiggerDH

Casey,

Your ignorance about the TNX baffles me lol. In going from 2/3 lenghth aluminum to full lengh, the bulky, heavy and clunky front bulkhead got replaces with a much lighter, one, the wheelbase is longer, while yes, most of the suspension is identical. But then how is it not all of the hop ups new era offers are interchangable? The transmission is all new, with reverse now as an option. In shaving 3 pounds off the truck, a number of changes were made to get rid of some of the unnecessary bulk the TC carried. I suppose V.2 would be a good way of looking at it. Like software from a good company - way more bug free.

Take a look: [link=http://wildhobbies.com/news/tamiya/TC_review/bottom.jpg]Terra Crusher[/link] (Which you know) and the [link=http://wildhobbies.com/news/tamiya/tnx/bottom.jpg]TNX[/link]

Idiot, huh? I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Cheers!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:52 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: TiggerDH

Casey,

Your ignorance about the TNX baffles me lol. In going from 2/3 lenghth aluminum to full lengh, the bulky, heavy and clunky front bulkhead got replaces with a much lighter, one, the wheelbase is longer, while yes, most of the suspension is identical. But then how is it not all of the hop ups new era offers are interchangable? The transmission is all new, with reverse now as an option. In shaving 3 pounds off the truck, a number of changes were made to get rid of some of the unnecessary bulk the TC carried. I suppose V.2 would be a good way of looking at it. Like software from a good company - way more bug free.

Take a look: [link=http://wildhobbies.com/news/tamiya/TC_review/bottom.jpg]Terra Crusher[/link] (Which you know) and the [link=http://wildhobbies.com/news/tamiya/tnx/bottom.jpg]TNX[/link]

Idiot, huh? I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Cheers!
I mentioned the chassis, which is 1 of few changes. What they did IS revamp the Terra Crusher, it is basically the same thing with Upgrades. Your stating that the TNX is a 'new' truck is pure ignorance. That is like saying the Tmaxx first edition and the second edition are two totally different trucks when they aren't. It is an upgraded version of the original. This is exactly what the TNX is to the Terra Crusher. You state that that wheelbase is longer, I said nearly identical, I did not say exact. You act as if the 3 pounds were hard to take off! Not at all, most of the weight was in the Transmission and the tires. As for the Terra Crusher being buggy, I disagree in that. I never had any problems with mine, and I bashed it to hell and back.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:57 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give it a break!!!!!!!

Who cares?

If you had a great Terra Crusher thats cool. I would not even bother to engage someone in a arguement unless it was really important.

Got mine (TNX) today, arguement was attempted by the woman of the house, i did not go there. I basically said you get your money every month, and i pay my bills. I contribute my agreed upon amount each month as called for
Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM
twisted

good for you! congrats on the new tnx. im sure you will like it. let us know how it goes.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:43 AM
caseyddr

I'm gettin a TNX asap also thats if I stay away from goign back to electric.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Texdav

Havewn't seen any bashed but I know two guys that raced them. Good ;easy to tune engine and only problems they ahd was chassis flex causing spur gear to get eaten-up. They have braced the chassis and solved that.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:07 PM
remten2001

One thing i did to minimize chassis flex was to replace all self taping screws on the chassis with 3 mm socket head bolts.self taping screwes get loose after a while socket head bolt stay pertty much tight ...
Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Muswagon

OK, so. I have to join this argument about the TNX vs TC, or TC V2

1st. At first glance, one would think that it is a TC V2. The suspension arms, bulkheads, and bodu mounts are all the same design, except different compound/strength of plastic, and the new parts have cutouts to further reduce weight.

2nd. To say 90% carry over is not even close. Different chassis, no large mechanism box, different engine, different body, different differentials (say that ten times after 10 beers), different tranny, different stock rims, different servos,.

What Tamiya did well, was take the one thing that everyone loved about the TC, the handling, and repackaged around that. Its MUCH lighter. With the TNX rims on my Crusher, and proline rims on my TC, teh difference is still unreal. The TNX is lighter than the REVO at the track, and lighter than any T-maxx there as well.

The only parts that are a DIRECT carryover are the header and pipe (which are kinda cheesy, but work well). The suspension arms, carriers, bulkheads and body mounts are the same molds but tweaked, and everything else is totally different. Lets say 25% carryover? The length is close. Anyway, for those avoiding the TNX because of the TC, dont make that mistake. It is a rocket, handles well with better shocks and tires (as every truck does), and is cheap. Bonus is Ebay has parts o'plenty.

Anyway, I own both. My Terra Crusher has a TRX2.5 dremeled in, with an 18T bell. With the TNX tires it handles well, and has lots of speed, but its not even a contest when compared to the TC.

Whats my point? Even though they look similar, they are miles apart.

PS, Texdav. As much as I hate the MGT (or the maker of them), they are doing awesome at my track, and they feel twice as heavy as my TNX. Hats of to Thunder Tiger, that thing handles like a beast. God forbid if they make a new version and put it on a TNX style diet.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
caseyddr

I don't think you get the point.

The TNX is a total revamp of the TC. PLAIN AS THAT.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Muswagon

Dude, they you probably still think that 90% is interchangeable, it is not.

PS, do you have both trucks sitting side by side? If you did, you would drop your insistence pretty quickly. Tamiya reused a winning suspension, the rest is totatlly new. If they would have changed the suspension at all, they would have lost the magic.

I am not missing the point. The point is you are calling someone an idiot, based on a subject I guarantee you have zero first hand knowledge of.

The EK4 V2 is a revamp, retaining 90% at least compatibility. TC and TNX has less than 25% compatibility. How can you call that a revamp. That is like comparing the 1993 Mustang with a 1994 Mustang, some parts are interchangeable, but it is not a revamp.

Get you head out of your keister.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Muswagon

You also compare the T-maxx and the T-maxx 2.5. They have 10 times more carryover than the TC and TNX. Anyway, get the TNX and compare it to a TC side by side. They are not even close.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:05 AM
remten2001

The diff ring and pinion are also not the same...i took mine apart they have a nice harden steel ring and pinions in the diffs...Not that cheasy kind of cast material the tc had....And the diff case design has change lightly...Now there is a self taping screw that hold thta diff case togheter to prevent the diff case from flexing...
Old 07-23-2004, 08:16 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares if the truck is called the TNX and not the TC2? What difference does it make? None. I didn't hear any whining or complaining about kyosho's MP-6 not being called the MP-5 V2.0! Losi keeps changing the name of their nitro ST. The NXT was a mild upgrade over the GTX (not called the GTX2 btw).

Let's not bicker over a name. I think everyone can agree that the NEW Tamiya truck built on a winning suspension and added durability, reliability, and improved the power to weight ratio.

Maybe Tamiya should have called it the Terra Crusher Casey Edition, but they didn't. It's the TNX .
Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Muswagon

K, your post was pissing me off until the part about the "casey edition", I like that

Sorry to keep harping, but the GTX/NXT are close, but the TC and TNX are like the GTX and XXXNT. K, Im done.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:19 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: TNX

K, your post was pissing me off until the part about the "casey edition", I like that

Sorry to keep harping, but the GTX/NXT are close, but the TC and TNX are like the GTX and XXXNT. K, Im done.
I bet you think a Girl and a Boy are very close too don't you [:'(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.