Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage 25 For Monster GT?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 09:38 PM
sprtman400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25 For Monster GT?????

Has anyone which owned a savage 25, sold it for a Monster GT? Does anyone have 1 of both? I have had a Savage SS now for 6 months and thinkin of selling it for a GT. Don't care about how fast it goes. More concerned with handling, ease of maintence, and an engine thats easy to tune and will hold it. Something the Savage 25 seems unable to do.

I have read some posts on here about the MGT which have ranged from 'Alot of broken parts" to ' Indestructable'
Old 05-01-2004, 09:48 PM
fourwheeler

Default RE: Savage 25 For Monster GT?????

I have the GT and it is everything you have described in your wish list. Easy to tune and will hold a tune and it handles fantastic. The ease of maintenance is much higher than the savage because the GT is a flat pan design therefore much easier to work on. And I should know because I have 2 Savages
Old 05-01-2004, 10:27 PM
ThermalRD

I've owned alot of trucks, and currently own a few. I sold my MGT for durability reasons. The MGT is great on the track, it handles like a dream. Some people complain about lack of power, but i always liked it. That motor is a breeze to tune, and breakin. If anyone told you the truck was indestructible, thats just an outright lie. The chassis might be, but the plastic leaves alot to be desired. The MGT is a good truck, but needs RPM plastics. Im kinda shocked you dont like the motor on the SS, i've found my new SS motor really easy to work with. Its really up to you though, this is part of the hobby. Sometimes we buy trucks that we dont like, and end up selling them.

Matt
Old 05-01-2004, 10:34 PM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

sweet..now time to sell me that savage ss [>:]
Old 05-02-2004, 06:07 AM
popuptoaster

Im not so keen on the RPM plastics, i use ally knuckles and thats about it, the RPM suspension arms are more flexy than the standard ones and the handling suffers, i just keep a stock of spare standard arms, have only broken one so far, i broke 2 of the standard knuckles and both bumpers several times. the newer trucks are not as fragile as the earlier ones were. (still not as tough as a savage though, but better in most other respects in my opinion)
Old 05-02-2004, 08:52 AM
sprtman400

I think I might keep my Savage until I get the MGT, then one will have to go. That will give me time to see if the MGT is as durable as the Savage.... Durability being the ONLY thing IMO that the Savage has going for it. I don't bash my trucks hard to begin with and no place close by to race but yet I have a Savage, Emaxx, XXT CR.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:25 PM
fourwheeler

That is why I kept my Savages when I bought the MGT. I probably don't bash as hard as some people but I enjoy myself and that is what the hobby is all about. Therefore people like me and perhaps you can get by with the stock plastic on the MGT and not have a problem with it. Good luck with the new GT. You are going to love the break in compared to the savage.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Nitro10

Are you sure the weather is not the culprit of your Savage tuning problems? I know the weather in Illy changes frequently and 10-15 degrees makes a big difference.