Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ofna Dominator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
RessurectionX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Dominator?

Can the [link=http://www.ofna.com/dom_80.html]Ofna Dominator[/link] be turned into a serious race mt? The chassis and design reminds me of a buggy. The body would be the first thing to go. I am looking for a serious racing mt but without the mt type handeling. And with the buggy style design I think it would do well. I am not to familiar with the car but can someone who has one or seen them run tell me about them? Hows the handeling, performance? Also since this design is so close to a buggy design, when ofna releases their truggy conversion is it going to be similar to this?
Old 05-03-2004, 01:30 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Ofna Dominator?

I've raced with guys that have Dominators. They are really nice trucks for the track. They handle and perform really well. And NO, i dont think the parts will be compatible with the new truggy they are making. The new truggy is based on a Hyper 7 buggy. Which is ALOT different chassis than the Dom.

Matt
ORIGINAL: RessurectionX

Can the [link=http://www.ofna.com/dom_80.html]Ofna Dominator[/link] be turned into a serious race mt? The chassis and design reminds me of a buggy. The body would be the first thing to go. I am looking for a serious racing mt but without the mt type handeling. And with the buggy style design I think it would do well. I am not to familiar with the car but can someone who has one or seen them run tell me about them? Hows the handeling, performance? Also since this design is so close to a buggy design, when ofna releases their truggy conversion is it going to be similar to this?
Old 05-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Mxracer45

The ofna dominator is probably the best racing mt out as of now. It handles amazingly as i hear and it is a truggy wich is wat makes it handle so great.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:27 PM
ThermalRD

I think the SUT owners would argue that with ya. Honestly though, the truggies arent beating the MGT, or the LST in the big races.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

The ofna dominator is probably the best racing mt out as of now. It handles amazingly as i hear and it is a truggy wich is wat makes it handle so great.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:31 PM
RessurectionX

I was just up at the local hobby shop and the owner happened to have one and he took it out and showed me it. WOW it does look much better in person than it does in those images. I am not sure if he had the body lowered or what but it wasnt up as high as it shows in the RTR pictures. Also not sure if it was the same body because he had the lights off of it. Looks like a really durable truck, and looks like its a racer also. I asked him to run a few laps out on the track but he couldnt at the time because of other people inside the shop. Not as much suspension travel like the other MT out there but I dont think they intended this truck to do what other true MT do. Hopefully I can see it run. I am very interested in buying one.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:36 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

I think the SUT owners would argue that with ya. Honestly though, the truggies aren’t beating the MGT, or the LST in the big races.
Mostly because the Truggies are running in the unlimited class and the Ladder frame/2 speed machines are running in stock classes. At least that's the way the last few "big races" out here went.

I like my dominator,
It's only weak spot is the front and rear diff gears, the planetary design wears very quickly compared to the 1/8 scale diffs,, the weak steering slider, and the fact that the Center Diff is not a stock part,

The truck handles very good on the track, but I agree with ThermalRD (Wow did I really say that out loud?), the SUT would give me a run for my money