Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New Genesis stuff

Old 05-03-2004, 07:40 PM
nd2xlr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Genesis stuff

Like many of you I thought the video's were awful from a marketing standpoint. I almost bought into the hype, but believe now I will wait.[&o] If it's like some of you in the Cen circle said, and they don't have replacement parts for their own test mule, then whats the public in for in just a couple of months?

IMO, the truck doing the donuts lifts up due to a gyro effect rather than torque.

Sorry for the run-on's.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Well, with all the hype that this truck has made... I will hope they will have replacement parts... When the MT-2 came out, that had parts right away from what I remember.

nd2xlr8 :

"I almost bought into the hype, but believe now I will wait."
^^ CEN has incredible costomer support, if you do not like it they will probably give you a refund (not sure) if you buy it from a artherized CEN dealer.

They are still way in over there heads about this truck. It is no where near ready. They are still working on better acceleration and supposedly a new way to increase torqe (gear ratio... Different from MT-2). The truck now does not have the acceleration of the MT-2 but once they fix that, I bet it will be placing in every race it enters. This truck will prove its self.

One thing I do not get is that what made the MT-2 different from all mostertrucks is that the engine was in the middle and it had an excelent power to weight ratio. The genesis's engine is more in the rear end like the T-MAXX and savage. If they were to move that up, that thing would respond much better. If they leave that and do not weigh it down in the front, other trucks are going to have advantages when hitting a jump on a race because it will take alot of work to balence it out in the air.

I am looking forward to purchusing the genesis myself and that is not because I am all for CEN... well not entierly... I find that the genesis will prove us all wrong and... well should I go on?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Mxracer45

LOOK the genesis is not a racer man. WHo would even thunk of competing in a race with the genesis? I know i wouldnt.
20lb + track= [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 05-03-2004, 09:00 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

That the truth! Some people would and do say that my Supermaxx is heavy for racing at 10lbs![X(] I don't race only bash so it does not bother me. It's just to big for the track IMO.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:08 PM
mecky33

OK, so the videos are not the best. But, there is an extreme amount of potential in this truck. Like it was pointed out already, when the driver nailed the gas in the donut vid, the truck just lifts off the ground. Its not all the tires spinning that truck like that, it looked an awful lot like a Heli that crashed and the engine is still trying to rip itself out of the frame. That exibits a lot of power. I think some of you are really missing the forest for the trees here. These vids are to show the general public that the truck runs. Its an extension of what was at RCX. And as far as spare parts, I would imagine that they are the same place as the trucks. IN SHIPPING. Remember that the trucks you see in the videos are the few that they have, and since parts are still in transit to the states, if they break the truck no video. So, sit back and wait. I am sure that someone, some where is going to release a great video, of a Genesis being beat to pieces. Heck, if I had a Genesis, I would shoot a video of the crazy stuff you guys want to see, just so you have something to talk about besides how poor you think the video of a prototype rig is.

Thermal, I do believe that your comment about me promoting Cen was a little out of line. We have gone around and around about this and I really think that you should think about what we have discussed in the past before making posts like this in the future. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:55 AM
cj100570

Different post, same people inciting "Flame Wars." Who'd have guessed?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:48 AM
nitrobashinauz

i dont understand cen with their videos
i can understand that they dont want to break parts and such but that doesn't mean they shouldn't drive it WOT
the wheely one was the only vid where i actually saw some smoke! and did you see that truck move!!!
i just wanna see some smoke
Old 05-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Traely

Mecky,

Your sig is enough for me to know you are a cen promoter not only here but every other board... Yes CEN is a good company, but there GENESIS sucks so far..

Those videos are a JOKE!!..

I had VERY high hopes for this truck, but its handle horriblly.. THe supsension is so tight it bounces and absorbs NOTHING!! Dot call it MASSIVE wheelie video if you have to tear up the tranny to do it...

Tamyia TNX is looking better every day...
Old 05-04-2004, 07:30 PM
fourwheeler

Think about what you are saying a little bit...If you are a Savage fan or a TMaxx fan and the company behind the truck you love comes out with a new truck wouldn't you lean heavily towards it? I know I would if HPI came out with a killer new truck(Savage Extreme?) So to put aside the opinions of someone who just loves his current truck and is excited about a new truck from the same company is not very helpful.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:39 PM
mecky33

Traely, How does my Sig convey that I am a Cen promoter? Great, I have a Cen MT2. It has proven itself to be a great truck so I speak out about that fact when people bash Cen because of their marketing strategy, or the name of some of their products, etc. Cen has also proven that they are a great company. I have yet to have a problem with my truck that has gone unresolved. Maybe this is because I have spent the time to develop a working relationship with the company so they know me and I know them. This has worked in favor of members on this forum and other forums. Also, Cen did those videos as a favor to the members of the RC community. I could call Cen and have them take the videos down if that will make you happy. Just let me know.

As far as how the Genesis runs on a track. the suspension was a little tight in the RCX vid, but I don't think it was to tight on the vids on their site. And big deal they where slamming the trans around because the truck wasn't tuned for wheelies. Its the same thing that owners are going to do to their truck to pull a quick wheelie. Like I said before, some of you are missing the forest for the trees. Give it a rest and wait for the truck to come out. Then if it really sucks, we will all know it because there are going to be a lot of these trucks on Ebay really cheap.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:12 PM
bubbafien

i highly doubt that you have ANY power as to what CEN does. i would love to see you try an get thos vids down. not happening.

and don't you think that, if a company advertises a vid for wheelies, they should have it tuned FOR WHEELIES!!!

that was the crappiest truck i have seen. SLOW, STIFF, diffs unloaded, heavy, ugly, not a performer
the list goes on

bubbafien
Old 05-05-2004, 12:05 AM
vizaracer

well, after watching the movie i think the worst part is when they do the reverse/forward slam and make the truck wheelie. that truck should be capable of that from just the tap of the gas the way they praise the power of the truck. the suspenion seems REALLY stiff on the jumps and when driving over stuff. it looks like the shocks didnt even move any from the landing. looked like it bounced.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:10 AM
nitrobashinauz

that was the crappiest truck i have seen
no that was just a crud bunch of vids, i believe this truck has a lot that cen isnt showing,

as i said
i dont understand cen with their videos
i can understand that they dont want to break parts and such but that doesn't mean they shouldn't drive it WOT
the wheely one was the only vid where i actually saw some smoke! and did you see that truck move!!!
i just wanna see some smoke
you may say, now why would cen do that?
well they had a vid on the german site that didnt show it land a jump didnt they

i believe this truck has potential, and i wouldnt rule it out yet

so STOP RATTING ON MECKY AND CEN WILL YA!

cheers
Old 05-05-2004, 07:05 AM
R/C Madman

I am with you on this one. Even for a basher it's weight is a factor! A 17-20lbs tuck with stiff suspension having a bad landing off a 5 foot jump sounds like a trip to the LHS! As far as power my Maxx with only a Ofna .25 can wheelie any time I pull the trigger. I just don't see the potential that some of you see.[:'(]
Old 05-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Traely

Cen - More car for less money <--- Isnt this yours Mecky????

2,d posting once and taking up for them is fine, but not every post of of thread of every DAMN board
Old 05-05-2004, 11:22 AM
ThermalRD

Mecky, do you know if CEN is working on other springs, and tires for this truck. I know its a little early, but im just curious. I know most people wouldnt put the truck on a track, but everything i own is gonna see the track atleast once or twice.

Matt
Old 05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
raykessler

Cen - More car for less money <--- Isnt this yours Mecky????

2,d posting once and taking up for them is fine, but not every post of of thread of every DAMN board
thats not a sig, itgs just the thing below your name... the sig is the thing below your post

and also stop bashing mecky, he has been a HUGE source of info for the genesis, and has helped everyone with their problems. I know this is probably the result of some deep emotional problems youv been having but try to calm down
Old 05-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

Hey I love Cen products....I have the MT2 and love it BUT the reason I got a Mammoth instead of waiting for the Genesis was the promotion of the vehicle. I really think CEN needs to step it up and show something promising. Hell, an electric stampede w/ reverse will wheelie if you go back and slam it into forward.

Would a video of CEN bashing the Genesis hard sell it? YOU BET......just read this thread. That is what bashers want to see. If this is not a racer BASH it!! I am SURE Cen has some extra parts lying around somewhere for this truck. Replacing $200 of parts after bashing it hard for a video makes sense if you can sell $1000's worth of product.

Just my $.02 [&:]
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
popa71

Those videos were not that impressive and did anyone notice how it has to be rolling backward and then you have to nail the throttle to get it to wheelie. The Revo is going to kill this thing. I was more impressed with it before I saw those videos
Old 05-06-2004, 05:52 AM
nitrobashinauz

Those videos were not that impressive and did anyone notice how it has to be rolling backward and then you have to nail the throttle to get it to wheelie. The Revo is going to kill this thing. I was more impressed with it before I saw those videos
yes definately, lets face it, cen is the king of raw video footage

did you guys see the revo vid? that made me remember back to the days when i drove nikkos and looked at the hobby quality trucks in awe
Old 05-06-2004, 06:39 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

No comparison in the Genesis and Revo........basher vs racer. These are two trucks made for 2 completely different things.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:52 PM
CEN Racing

We were trying to show forward/reveser tranny combine with wheelie power at the same time. Genesis 46 will pull wheelie from stop no issue.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:54 PM
motorpsycho502

Really, is that why it took three tries to get it to stand up ?
Old 05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
CEN Racing

like i said. We are trying to show the convinence of switching between reverse and forward.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:07 PM
R/C Madman

Then show vids of it doing that not vids that make it look weak and wimpy! Show IT doing some high speed passes and bigger jumps. When is this thing coming out 2-3 months you guys should have some spare parts if it breaks! Do what we would do to it! BreaK IT![8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.