Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Wow. Traxxas REVO is impressive.

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Wow. Traxxas REVO is impressive.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow. Traxxas REVO is impressive.

http://www.traxxas.com/REVO/videos/revo_video_003.htm

Check out the video above. That thing is nice.

It is going to redefine the word suspension.
If I dont here anything about it breaking often, I might just buy one. LOOK AT THE SUSPENSION!

It is really nice...
Old 05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
RedVette

Default RE: Wow. Traxxas REVO is impressive.

Yeah, it's pretty cool how they can hit the curb like that. My ST would be toast.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:23 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Where have you been 90210? Welcome to last month j/k, it's going to be a nice addition to my collection here very soon, and I plan to write a nice review for all of you on it, with lots of detailed pics, and possibly a video of my own [8D]
Old 05-03-2004, 06:43 PM
bonified5

How much is it gonna sell for?
Old 05-03-2004, 06:45 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

$479.99 from Tower:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXGZD9**&P=ML
Old 05-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Spudnik

something to note, the suspension set up was very soft, i did not think that that was 4' of ground clearence there, but i could be wrong. I think thatg HPI, losi ect should do some vids like that. See which one can curb jump the highest
Old 05-03-2004, 08:21 PM
kyoz20

Can teh mammoth do that on a curb?!?!?! thats TYTE!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:12 PM
fhm101

I never had any doubt that it would be great on the track, but it looks like it may be just as good on the bashing end as well. I'm in line for one as well.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:23 PM
tidus10

wow the revo looks sick! it looks like what ever u throw at it its gonna take and throw it baq at cha! i would just like to see a RC pull a wheelie
Old 05-04-2004, 03:09 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

I must say that the new suspension on the REVO is impressive but it can never replace regular shocks. Its all about who can get the biggest bore shocks with the brightest aluminum and can fit the most shocks on their MT. All of that is what makes your truck look awsome when its not moving. I say leave the inboard shocks to F1 and keep the big bores for monster trucks. Just my opinion....
Old 05-04-2004, 04:51 PM
kimberklr

ahh yea but its about much more than the qaunity of your shocks.the revo has a totaly adjustable progressive suspension.that means its softer at the begining of the travel and progressively gets harder as the suspension moves up.should be a much improved handleing truck.progressive suspension made a big diff in dirt bikes and snowmobiles and such so i'm hopeing it works that well on a rc.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

ok ok.....I can totally agree with you that the suspension on the REVO is more high tech and adjustable but I say leave that for the track. If you just want to go full out backyard bashin' then some shiny aluminum long travel shocks are the way to go. Usually if your bashing for the day, the only reason you would stop playing is because your out of fuel or you broke something. The standard suspension system is much simpler and the REVO's suspension seems too weak for a daily basher. The shocks on it are held on with all plastic pieces. With most trucks on the market, you can get aluminum shock towers, bulkheads and A-arms. I would like something simple to easily replace so I can get back out there. I might change my mind if they come out with some more aluminum shock pieces.

I know its not all about how much shocks you have but it can help if you know what your doing. You can put on more shocks with heavy springs so you can do high jumps your you can still have the same amount of shocks but change the springs on the same wheel to different spring rates to make it medium stiff. With more shocks, the more adjustable it is. Also, you can still have 4 shocks but with bigger bores. Look at the new Losi LST, it is a big MT but has 4 big bore shocks. So I believe that the REVO looks great for track but standard suspension is better for bashing.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:46 PM
kimberklr

i hear ya on the track truck thing.i'm sure it will own on the track but the problem is i'm not a racer just a basher.i just hope it holds up atleast as well as my maxx.