rcdude37

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default not kool!.... radio problems

well i took my t-maxx out for a out of control rampage yesterday!
gettin ready to set up for a jump and the thing takes off and smokes a tree about 40ft away. i go runnin after it and flip it over then i drove it back into the driveway and killed it. took the body if in an upset manner, think to myself what the **** is wrong. move the throtle back and forth a few times right next to the truck and then back up about 5ft(antenna down) and all the servos are goin crazy, first thing i do is change that batteries in the radio and the truck, no thats not it. well then take the reciever box off and look at the reciever battery wasnt all the way in, push the plug in, walk away, nothin. take the reciever apart and check it out, still nothin. there was some moistur in the bottom of the reciever so i left it apart and let it sit over night. tried it again thisafternoon, still nothin. take the cristles out of it and my friends rustler that is in my bacement and did every possible swith on there that can be done, tried his radio with my reciver. still absolutly nothing.
what could be wrong?
do i need a new reciver?
thanks!
oh yea and i tried it with the antenna extended too!
Old 05-03-2004, 04:35 PM
motorpsycho502

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: not kool!.... radio problems

You gotta narroe it down between the RX or TX, try plug the batt directly into the RX.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:57 PM
rcdude37

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok.... well i just hooked it up to the batt on the rustler to make the process a lil easier.. is that gonna work ok or will it still make be messed up because it was the same!.......
Old 05-03-2004, 05:23 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, these types of glitches can be a royal pain, and need special attention. Heres what i do when i get these problems. Take ALL of the radio equipment off the vehicle. Make sure your RX battery is charged. Then hook everything up as if it were on your vehicle. Turn it on, and see what happens. If its not glitching, then you have metal to metal contact glitching on the vehicle itself. If it still glitches, then its something else. Assuming its something else, heres what i do. Process of elimination! Try another RX battery. Even if its fully charged, it may still have a cut in the wire causing a glitch. So check with another battery. Move on. Check servos. Do this by unplugging one servo at a time, and testing the rest of the equipment. Check the switch harness! If you dont have an extra switch harness to test with, then eliminate it. Just plug the battery directly into the Batt on the RX. Test it again. If you havent found the glitch by now, then check the antenna. Any cracks, or breaks in it? Still no luck? Go straight to the Crystal. Remove it, and put a new crystal in. Yours may be fractured, or have water damage. Test it! After all that, it may be the actual RX. Now you see what i mean by special attention? Its a lengthy process, but it will certainly figure out the problem.

Matt
ORIGINAL: rcdude37

ok.... well i just hooked it up to the batt on the rustler to make the process a lil easier.. is that gonna work ok or will it still make be messed up because it was the same!.......
Old 05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
rcdude37

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well its a long process but if it works its all worth it aint it!...
even tho i dont want to do it im gonna do it... but if non of that works im gonna need a new reciever? correct? if it comes down to that im just gonna get a whole new system!.
thanks
Old 05-04-2004, 01:24 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, the process of elimination should find the problem. I doubt its the RX, but its possible. It sounds like its the crystal in the RX. Let me know how it turns out.

Matt
ORIGINAL: rcdude37

well its a long process but if it works its all worth it aint it!...
even tho i dont want to do it im gonna do it... but if non of that works im gonna need a new reciever? correct? if it comes down to that im just gonna get a whole new system!.
thanks