Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

QUESTIONS AND WORRIES ABOUT MY NEW MAD FORCE

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

QUESTIONS AND WORRIES ABOUT MY NEW MAD FORCE

Old 05-03-2004, 05:37 PM
panhandeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTIONS AND WORRIES ABOUT MY NEW MAD FORCE

hi, im a semi beginner to rc cars, but i just got a new Madforce. i did all the break in procedures, but when i try to shut the engine down, pinching the fuel line didnt work so i covered the exaust pipe and that worked maby i didnt pinch it long enough but when i was pinching it, the engine started running fast. after this, i took my car in, did my homework, all this in a period of maby an hour and a half. but then i picked up my car and this black oil looking gunk came out of the exaust. it wasnt a hole lot but i dont think it should have been in there. plaese help me out guys, i spent a lot of money on this monster truck and i dont want to break the engine []
Old 05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
RessurectionX

Default RE: questions and worries

Hmm all I can think about is you are still running very rich and that is the fuel you are seeing come out after the engine shuts off. Have you ever looked at a car exhaust or motorcycle exhaust. There is black inside all of them after running them. I think the same thing happens to rc exhaust. I dont think it should be black gunky stuff though. If the motor is running well I would worry. Also pinching the fuel line will cause the engine to rev higher, because you are cutting off the fuel to the motor. Kinda like leaning the carburator. It cuts nitro to motor causing the motor to perform better but increase in temperature. It will eventually kill the motor you probably just didnt hold it long enough. Or didnt pinch it hard enough. Also plugging the exhaust will flood the motor thats why the nitro came out the exhaust. Best way to do it is pinch the fuel line or stop the flywheel from spinning. But I always plug the exhaust because its easier and doesnt cause any harm.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:52 PM
panhandeler

Default RE: questions and worries

im about 3 counterclockwise turns from fully tightened, when i run my motor, the black stuff dosnt come out, its only come out once when the motor was off and it smelled like nitro fuel, it was just black. im running it a little bit rich because i just got it. i would also like to know, is this truck hard to take care of? so far i really like it but somtimes nitro scares me because my tmaxx took off uncontrollable one day and hit a tree and got torn to peices[&o]
Old 05-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Spudnik

Default RE: QUESTIONS AND WORRIES ABOUT MY NEW MAD FORCE

having fuel come oout of your tuned pipe is fine. As for shutting the enginge down, when you pinch the line you are starving the enginge of feul, making it run lean, so it is going to go faster. I personal clog hte tuned pipe cause it is easier.

Good luck with your truck
Old 05-03-2004, 08:02 PM
ThermalRD

Id like to mention one thing about that truck i noticed. Kyosho fuel line is MUCH stiffer than any fuel line i've ever used. So pinching the fuel line on that truck might not have the effect of another. Just thought id mention that.

Matt
Old 05-03-2004, 08:23 PM
panhandeler

Thank you for all the help guys ill take good care of my truck