Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

?????please answer to this question????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

?????please answer to this question????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:43 AM
madmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?????please answer to this question????

I´m going to buy a new rc car soon and its either going to be the traxxas REVO or the FG monster beetle.
I have a few questions regarding the engine thats in the Monster beetle

i know it isnt out yet but its the same as a marder just with bigger wheels so everyone that has a marder please answer these questions

* Is the engine as easy to start as an chainsaw engine, is it easier than a Nitro engine

* Is it as fun as a ordinary 1/8 monster truck, can it handle big jumps without breaking??

Here in Sweden the monster beetle will cost about 700-800$ and the revo about 700$
Old 05-03-2004, 10:11 AM
hansdava

Default RE: ?????please answer to this question????

i would say the revo because i never hear about the other one, i 'm fanatic to forums and like i said never hear about it. the traxxas is well known and good in quality too, but if you find a mammoth would be better(here $ 370) or also asociated mgt or hpi savage .25 ,these two last one better in durability than the mammoth.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:14 AM
madmaniac

ohh i forgot to say that the FG monster beetle is a 1/6 scale monster truck

Here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47637.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	128679  
Old 05-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: madmaniac
* Is the engine as easy to start as an chainsaw engine, is it easier than a Nitro engine
* Is it as fun as a ordinary 1/8 monster truck, can it handle big jumps without breaking??
I guess it depends on the chain saw and how the truck is tuned. Overall it should be easier to start than a nitro engine since there are no glow plug hassles and the ambient temperature doesn't effect the engine so much like a nitro engine--you can visit the Traxxas message board and read Traxxas' own post regarding tuning and ambiant temps.

Any truck can be broken and FG will be no exception since the arms can be broken or basically any part depending on the amount of abuse you can dish out. After all, can't a real truck break? Another thing to remember is that the FG usually ships with a Zenoah G230RC oil/gas engine, which stock puts out a lot more horsepower than its smaller counterparts and with some moding can crank out around 5hp. If I were you, I'd visit the Large Scale Forums since there is a US Importer that posts there along with another distributor out of Holland.

ORIGINAL: hansdava
i would say the revo because i never hear about the other one, i 'm fanatic to forums and like i said never hear about it. the traxxas is well known and good in quality too, but if you find a mammoth would be better(here $ 370) or also asociated mgt or hpi savage .25 ,these two last one better in durability than the mammoth.
A claimed fourm fanatic but has never heard of FG though there are numerous threads on RCU regarding FG on this subform and numerous threads on the large-scale subforum--that sounds like some comforting advice, especially since you didn't answer the questions. Also since you missed the threads numerous times, here is a large photo from this subforum.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/The_...1745782/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie
Old 05-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

From another thread.

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Attached is a photo of my Mini-T next to a [my] Mini-Giant and the FG Bug.

Old 05-03-2004, 11:36 AM
popuptoaster

Although i dont own one yet, i will be buying an FG monster truck as soon as the 4WD add on kit is released (gotta be able to handle the muddy stuff!)

I have done a fair bit of research, spoken to a fair few owners and driven both the standard FG buggy and the well hopped up one one that belong to a guy who lives near me. The buggy is fast and plenty strong enough for jumps and bashing around, (although from what he says, his standard one breaks its front suspension on a regular basis, the other one is modified in this area, and doesnt do it)

The petrol engine is far less trouble than a nitro engine, it starts easier, stays running better, uses far less (and cheaper) fuel, requires less maintenance and will last for years given the right care.

I dont know if there is less support for 1/6th scale racing where you live or more, you may find yourself without a class to race in, you gotta look at spares avaiolability as well.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

I own both a 1:4 scale (Zenoah) and 1:5 scale (Solo) with gas/oil engines. (one FG). When it's 100+ degrees here, you've got to love either a gas/oil mix or electric! Well I guess you don't have to if you want to fight with a nitro engine.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:00 PM
madmaniac

I think i can drive it at the track but i will mostly use it for bashing i know a lot of places to drive on.

There are more people that have large scale cars i europe than in the USA.

Another question is it fun to drive do you think i will miss nitro and be dissapointed if i buy one??

Do you think that the FG monster "bigfoot" is better than the monster beetle i really like the looks of the beetle
Old 05-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Although I own an mbX5, I haven't driven it that much and actually, I drive my Kyosho Mini-Zs more than any of the R/Cs I own. Some may believe that is weird, but I know numerous nitro guys who prefer Mini-Zs. Others use Mini-Zs to keep their R/C skills up to par instead of using some video game because they can install a track at home. Simply put, some nitro guys would miss the smell, the noise, and probably the ability to run with others if they went large scale. Others may simply not enjoy hassling with glow plugs and the expense of nitro anymore. No one can make that decision but you. Heck, I can't make it so that is why I own nitro, gas/oil, and electronic onroad and offroad R/Cs.

Bigfoot v. Beetle? The Bigfoot will have the optional 4x4 and RTR versions..... Will the Beetle? I'm not sure, but the FG Importers may be able to tell you on the other thread or it may be on their websites. I like the looks of the Bug, the Bigfoot and the F1. However, one reason I have yet to purchase the FG F1 is because it is 2WD and I already own a 2WD FG Sportline. I also own a 1:10th scale 4WD Tamiya F1 that I really enjoy, while I've read bad reviews regarding a 1:10th scale 2WD F1 put out by another company. In other words, it may depend on whether you want a 4WD or a 2WD.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
madmaniac

There will be an 4wd option for the marder and the beetle is a marder with big wheels and some other things.

Hey i noticed that one tire in that pic is in the wrong way.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:59 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

I noticed the tire/wheel too.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:23 AM
madmaniac

Hey do you think it will be fast
Old 05-04-2004, 11:54 PM
madmaniac

I already have a mad force with a new engine in it so i can drive nitro to.

Do you think that the FG bigfoot will be fast??