RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

help with getting truck to run

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 08:00 PM
helipilot225
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with getting truck to run

hello i got a titan twin and i was told it was new but when i got it the clutch bells where off so i broke the engine s in with them off and tuned them now i put the bell on and its hard to start and when the wheels are on the ground it shuts off inless im half or full bore can anybody help me im new at this thanks
Old 05-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Atomrcp Matt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help with getting truck to run

Hello,

First off, lets make clear what a Clutchbell is. The Clutchbell is the Gear that goes on the end of the Crank Shaft, and connects with the Clutch, and Spur to transfer Power to the Wheels. So with that being said, if you did manage to break in the Engines without the Clutchbells, then your Engines are likely not broken in at all. It is important to have a load in the Engines so that they break in correctly, and do not over-rev.

With that being said, I assume if it is "new" then the Engines are at factory settings. Which means they are very, very rich for break-in. I believe you should really read a Break-in Tutorial like: http://www.ofna.com/fuel.html, and if you still cannot grasp it, get in touch with a local Hobby Shop, and they will help you.