Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Terra Crusher help

I am new to this post btw, so hey.

I've had a terra crusher for about a year and recently the cars been actin up. It starts and runs fine, but when i give it throttle, it doesn't move. [:@] I'm pretty sure there is something going on in the tranny. Any one know how to fix this? I am a newb to RC's in general, but im pretty good with my hands. I wanted to get it running normal again cause i wanna sell it and get a TXT-1. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Skagen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Terra Crusher help

Give us a little more info. When you hit the throttle does the engine rev faster but the truck doesn't move forward? Is your spur gear stripped? Is your spur gear tightened down? Did any driveshaft pins fall out? Are your wheel nuts tight enough? Have you recently done anything to the truck? Do you have a forward only conversion?
Old 05-07-2004, 11:56 AM
DM92

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I haven't done any modifications except for a CVEC pipe. Everything else is stock. I haven't messed with the transmission at all. When I do give it throttle, the motor doesn't rev any higher. It sounds like it wants to move. The spur gear seems ok, there arent' any missing teeth and Its not loose at all. The driveshaft going to the rearend is a little loose at the tranny side, nothing terrible.

It has been a while since i've done anything with it. I gave it to my uncle to see if he could figure out what was going on with it, he knows more bout RC's than I do.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Kemo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am having similar problems with mine... I start it up, drive it around and it kills outta nowhere. I have tried different carbs, no change. The tranny keeps bouncing from first to second... at LOW rpm... so is it the stupid FRAT tranny or whats the word? The truck runs good in first, but soon as second kicks in it boggs down and dies under a load.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:28 AM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

make sure everything is tight, like the bell..