My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default My Opinion on whats "best"

Well, everyone lately seems to be giving into hype again, wanting this new thing and that new thing, when the way I see it, and the experience I have with 99% of all MT's out... The best is already here. Now let me explain, no this isn't some "I love the Tmaxx" post, as it's not even on my list. Let me go into categories...

(All prices based on my job)

Price
Mad Force RTR. This thing, at my job is only 379.99... Thats cheaper than any MT out. Now you go "but the Tmaxx is 399.99 and the Savage is 429.99" well, that is true that they are not much more, but both need a battery and a charger which is another 50$ or so, and the savage ALSO needs a Dynamite starter kit (40$)

That puts the savage at 429.99 + 39.99 + 49.99 = 519.97 + tax depending on state.

The tmaxx, while not needing the starter kit still needs battery and charger, plus fuel bottle.

That puts the tmaxx at 399.99 + 49.99 + 9.99 = 459.97 + tax depending on state.

Well, the Madforce doesn't need the battery and charger, you get everything you need for it in a starter kit.

Mad Force is 379.99 + 39.99 = 419.98 + tax depending on state.

Thats awesome pricing, and it gives you the best bang for your buck IMO. It IS more durable than the Tmaxx, it IS as fast and faster than the Savage, it has the big block capability that ppl complain about with the Tmaxx, its just an all around great performer, with a very simplistic build. IMO, its great for the first timer looking to save money.

My winner: Madforce RTR
2nd place: Tmaxx

pure backyarder
Now, when it comes to back yard bashing, I've tried just about everything... Price not being an issue in this section, nothign seems to handle as well in the rough stuff as the AE MGT. Sure the Tmaxx can take it, but its jus not smooth at all, and the Savage is there, but something to me just doesn't seem right when I want to drive in a freshly tore up corn field. The build quality is superior to the Savage also, as it has the same beefy parts that are plastic, yet they give you CVD's full ride and aluminum skids, plus the tranny is already protected. No worries about a corn stalk jamming in there.

My winner: AE MGT
2nd place: Savage

race bred
Now looking into the racing scene, buying a truck for this can be tricky. If you go to a local track and see all savages doign great and a Tmaxx laggin behind, it makes people get the wrong idea. Savages, plain and simple, suck on a track. A Tmaxx will run circles around it, along with the MGT, MT2, etc etc. But with new RTR's coming out like the Storm, it puts a stock Tmaxx to shame. Out of the box, a storm will out handle a Tmaxx on the track in every aspect. No comparison.

My Winner: Storm SUT
2nd place: Tmaxx

Now, the race bred can be questioned, as the thought of seperating Truggies from true bred MT's has been floating around and I quote Skinny "It jus ain't fair".

durability
Now this is a topic taht alot of ppl seem to ask for when I'm at work. What is the most durable truck ya got. Well, if I have to decide by what we have in stock, its simply the GS Storm SUT than the MGT/Savage tie in second, but lets go outside the box. The most durable truck released so far is EASILY the Tamiya Terra Crusher. Now note, I'm not posting this as a winner in best priced or best overall performer by far, because even though I purchased my new for 369.99 at a LHS in Mishawaka IN, the engine sucked hardcore. But this thing took a beating that would shatter a Tmaxx, and break everything else. It got ran over by a Honda CRV and it only broke an upper A-Arm. I'm talkin full contact hit, not just a tire gettin clipped.

1st place: Terra Crusher
2nd place: GS Storm SUT
3rd place: Savage/MGT tie

Anyways, this is my lil debate starter, hopefully. Jus bored so I figured I'd throw something out, I'm sick of every1 worshipping the LST, Revo, Genesis, etc etc. You can't call them the best if they aren't out, and more than likely, they won't be when they are released.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: My Opinion on whats "best"

I agree with pretty much every thing you said except a few things
1) The MT2 is still the cheapest mt out there it is $279.99+39.99=$319.98

2)The Race bred I would give second to the MT2 I don't know of many stock trucks that can go out on the track and win a championship.It is also $100 less then the t-maxx which is good for a budget racer.

I think this thread is a excellent idea btw
Old 05-09-2004, 04:14 PM
caseyddr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Element

2)The Race bred I would give second to the MT2 I don't know of many stock trucks that can go out on the track and win a championship.It is also $100 less then the t-maxx which is good for a budget racer.

I Won't argue you on the MT2 getting second in race, but we don't sell it, as hardly any LHS's do. As for bang for the buck, I still thing the Madforce is better in bang for your buck, but I'll let ya slide with the Tmaxx argument, as thats an open opinion.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well that is your opinion and as we all know we all are humans (I doubt it) and we all have our own opinions

when comparing the price, i better pay extra 40 to get that tmaxx or extra 100 to get the savage then the mad force...because it looks ugly [:@] (wait it is my opinion, not yours[:-])

pure backyarder: i guess the tmaxx is a on-road "truck" (not the word truck is in quotation for visually challenged once)

~what car you have?
~storm

figured
Old 05-09-2004, 04:35 PM
caseyddr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

well that is your opinion and as we all know we all are humans (I doubt it) and we all have our own opinions

when comparing the price, i better pay extra 40 to get that tmaxx or extra 100 to get the savage then the mad force...because it looks ugly [:@] (wait it is my opinion, not yours[:-])

pure backyarder: i guess the tmaxx is a on-road "truck" (not the word truck is in quotation for visually challenged once)

~what car you have?
~storm

figured
lmao! Actually I sold ALL my car equipment, as I am now into Helicopters.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Element

I Won't argue you on the MT2 getting second in race, but we don't sell it, as hardly any LHS's do. As for bang for the buck, I still thing the Madforce is better in bang for your buck, but I'll let ya slide with the Tmaxx argument, as thats an open opinion.
I agree and I'm planning on selling my clod for a mad force I have my MT2 for racing and hopefully a mad force for bashing.Do you know is the mad force rtr has metal gear servos if it doesn't I'm going with a kit.

Dr.ArmoMaxx-See in my opinion nothing looks better than a solid axle truck I don't really like trucks with dubz and other "accessories" but that is just my opinion.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:39 PM
caseyddr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not that I know of, but the first upgraded needed for the Mad Force is made by NEM, it relocates the steering servo placement directly to the wheels.