calabrse052

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help w/Nitro Quake Please!!!!!!

Ever since I got my NQ Ive been spending more time with the rear shocks than breakin her in. First I figured out that the plastic peice that seperates the oil seal from the dust seal was not even up inside the body, it was down on the rod by the end. I took another shock apart to figure out the purpose of this peice. The only way it could have gotten out is if someone didnt put it up in the body in the first place. When I put the shock back together corectly! I cant bleed them, cause the piston will start going up smoothly then hesitate and jerk,(w/ or w/out oil) thus splattereing oil everywhere no matter how slow I go. Whats up with that? It took me forever to get that dust seal in the one shock, I dont even want to try the other. Even if i get another pair they come disassembled...
PS does any duratrax owner know the corerect breakin procedure, the tape and manual differ, the guy that answered me back told me to use the tape but it gets real hot real fast
Any help would be appreciated
bryan in pittsburgh
Old 05-10-2004, 10:29 AM
hyper8
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Help w/Nitro Quake Please!!!!!!

first question with the shocks their should be 2 tiny black washers one on each side of shock piston if one or both are missing piston will not be straight causing them not to fuction properly now as for breaking in torq 21 back out high speed needle till it runs real rough between 4+5 turns out put it around about 3-4 tanks of gas them start to lean it out turn needle in about1-8 turn at a time till full power light trail of smoke proper run temp should be around 230 deg do water test put small drop of water on cooling fin if it sizzles its to lean if just slowly steams away your about right mine was set to about 3-and a half turns out but dont go by that as of outdoor temp glow plug and type of fuel make difference torq 21 is a vary reliable motor with ok power mine lasted more than 3 years of brutale use more than 10 gal. in it. after high end is totaly done set low end by come to a complete stop punch it see how offline power is if not good enough turn low needle in about 1-8 turn at a time till happy -good luck