Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

question about mammoth?.........

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

question about mammoth?.........

Old 05-11-2004, 08:47 PM
hansdava

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about mammoth?.........

i received my mammoth today (I SENt it to the hobby store to get it broken in ) and the car turns off itself, what do i have to do , i called the hobby store and it was close, so anybody knows what to do?.........thanks
Old 05-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Mxracer45

Default RE: question about mammoth?.........

U sure ur not running out of fuel??? You should of broken it in ur self. I dont trust lhs guys they usuallly dont know nothing.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:49 PM
hansdava

[&o]
Old 05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Mxracer45

LOL did i make u fell unconfident with your mammoth lol.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:10 PM
hansdava

no,when i put that face nobody had replied, seems that we replied at the same time. what happen is that they told me that my engine had warranty so thats why i sent it to them and it didn't cost me anything juss $7 for shipping.what do you thing i have to do?........ it keeps turning off itself(seems that it's desacelerated) because everytime i acelerate (THrotle triger)the car turns off .
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 PM
ThermalRD

Ok, so let me get this right. You start it, and then when you attempt to drive it, it shuts off? Now, are you letting it warm up before trying to drive it? Assuming that the engine has warmed up a bit, does it it bog down before it cuts off? or just cut off?

If its bogging down, its probably too rich on one of the needles. If its just cutting out, then its possibly too lean. You may also need to replace the glo-pug. Even if the plug is heating, it may not be doing its job. You may also have the wrong plug in there.

Matt
Old 05-11-2004, 09:35 PM
hansdava

firs thanks for answering. it turns off when i move a little bit the throtle triger,but if i move the throtle very fast it moves and runs very good, but when i stop the car and if i move the throtle a little bit it turns off again. thats why i think it's desacelerated......?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:13 AM
hansdava

i tried today again and not only turns off itself but also the brakes are not doing its job?..........need help.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:43 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

you need to set the trim for your brakes. i thought the same thing when i first started. but then realized i was so excited to get going that i overlooked the setting on the tx. now my brakes are set that i skid when i come to a stop(just for bashing purposes)
about the setting for your fuel mixture: there is know solution that we can give you without hearing the engine for ourselves. the mammoth was my first nitro so i went through what you are right now going through. you just have to spend some time (and skin) learning how to adjust your mixtures. bring the manual with you and try and do as it recomends. it took me 2 hours to get it going right. but now its easyer to hear what my engine is telling me.
hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:00 PM
hansdava

thanks but anybody else to help..................
Old 05-12-2004, 09:03 PM
hansdava

i tried a few minutes ago, and it didn't even star . the pull satr was to hard, so i did what the manual says and the pull star worked at the end, but the car didn't star so what happen now anyone that would know?...........
Old 05-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Tweedybird

MJ45 you give alot of advice on a truck you don't own, when are you getting your mammoth btw?

Tweedy Bird
Old 05-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Tweedybird

Pulled this from somewhere I think: Should help let me know

For the 24.7 use glow plug MC 59 for break in period, then after that run MC9 in the engine it will save you lots of time and easier in the long run

1. Mark with a permanent marker pen all the initial factor needle settings. Use at least good quality 20% nitro fuel. Do NOT use low nitro content fuel. Use the fuel that you will run regularly

2. Mark on the flywheel with a permanent marker pen for the BDC position.

3. Richen the HSN HALF a turn from factory settings. Don't touch the LSN and MSN (if the 8 port has one).

4. Run the engine for the first 2 tanks slowly doing figure 8s on a smooth hard surface (25% throttle max), don't stay in top speed for longer than 1 second. After EVERY tank, let the engine cool down at BDC. Monitor the temperature - it should be running around 80 - 95C and no more, no less.

5. The same thing for the next 2 tanks but at max 50% throttle travel. Don't stay WOT for longer than 1 second. Slowly increase rpm, slowly decrease while driving. After EVERY tank, let the engine cool down at BDC

6. Same again, 2 tanks 75% throttle max. Heat cycle after every tank. Monitor Temp.

7. same again, 2 tanks, 100% throttle. Heat cycle after every tank. Monitor Temp.

8. You can start leaning the engine out, 1/8 to 1/4 turn at a time - making sure after each needle change, you run 2 - 3 minutes of hard driving. Normal operating temp should be above 95C and below 120C.

9. Tune the HSN first then, tune the LSN, then retune the HSN to accomodate any changes.

10. Keep leaning the HSN until at WOT you notice the engine is starving for fuel or losing power. You have reached the max - richen 1/4 turn.

11. to tune the LSN, keep leaning it out until you achieve the strongest acceleration.

Don't touch the middle mixture needle (if the 8 port has it). If touched, it will make some very erratic tuning which will be hard to fix later on.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to whoever posted this orginally.

Tweedy Bird
Old 05-13-2004, 08:22 AM
hansdava

thanks to you body. but now the problem is worse because i just tried a few minutes ago and it didn't star. i saw oil coming out from the muffle. the manual says that i have to take the pull star out, which i'm not gonna do because it's too complicated for me. i will take it to another LHS.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:46 AM
ThermalRD

You may as well do it yourself man. These nitro engines require some form of maintenance almost EVERY time you run it. If you take it to the LHS for every little thing, then you will spend more time at the LHS than you will running it. I dont think your problem is that serious. Check your glo plug, make sure its primed right, make sure its not flooded. If its still spitting fuel out the exhaust while yer trying to start it then its too rich. When you pull the starter is it turning over or slipping? Check the oneway bearing. These are all common things you'll do nearly every day you run Nitro. Remember, we ALL starterd somewhere.

Matt
ORIGINAL: hansdava

thanks to you body. but now the problem is worse because i just tried a few minutes ago and it didn't star. i saw oil coming out from the muffle. the manual says that i have to take the pull star out, which i'm not gonna do because it's too complicated for me. i will take it to another LHS.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Tweedybird

ThermalRD
MT freeeak!

RE: question about mammoth?......... (in reply to hansdava) Report This Post | (Post No. 15)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may as well do it yourself man. These nitro engines require some form of maintenance almost EVERY time you run it. If you take it to the LHS for every little thing, then you will spend more time at the LHS than you will running it. I dont think your problem is that serious. Check your glo plug, make sure its primed right, make sure its not flooded. If its still spitting fuel out the exhaust while yer trying to start it then its too rich. When you pull the starter is it turning over or slipping? Check the oneway bearing. These are all common things you'll do nearly every day you run Nitro. Remember, we ALL starterd somewhere.

Matt
Matt,

I'm wondering if he remembered to mark all the factory settings on the engine when he first opened the box.
Wouldn't it be easier in this situation to go back to factory settings, then run the engine, and lean or richen up from that point after checking, (Glow, and the one way bearing?)

Tweedy Bird
Old 05-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

MJ45 you give alot of advice on a truck you don't own, when are you getting your mammoth btw?

Tweedy Bird
IM not sure when ill be getting my mammoth. If i do it wont be anytime soon. I know ppl who own the mammoth. I have connections[>:][8D]
Old 05-13-2004, 12:59 PM
motorpsycho502

DUH
Old 05-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: motorpsycho502

DUH
???????
Old 05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Tweedybird

LOL I was wondering when that would start coming out!!

Get a mammoth before you start giving advice about them to others.

Think of it this way, You post all over these forums, Mammoths rock, get a mammoth, they rule, there the best, but you base these opinions on someone else's ride.

At the end of the day, your friend takes his home to his house not yours.

I just find it funny that you would have so much to say about a mammoth that you don't own.

Just my .02

Tweedy
Old 05-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Mxracer45

I dont say that stuff tweedy, i say i like it and i post facts. Like all the help i gave you with showing you the hopups for it, and specs, and technical things.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Tweedybird

I'm not gonna take the time to swim through all your posts you have put up about the mammoth but you know you have

Tweedy Bird
Old 05-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Mxracer45

I have i like the truck. I have also posted in those posts i would get the mgt, savage, and mammoth. Put it this way i love all monster trucks. I like stadium trucks as well. But i just really like the mammoth since i do own a xtm product and like it im assuming the mammoth is good as well and from the reviews i have seen.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Mxracer45

ANd hansdava just read the manual very carefully. Go to the global forums that own mammoths and ask them.

P.S- I would much rather have the LST more than any truck out there.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:36 PM
hansdava

thanks for answering bodies , but i already took it to the LHS.........it will be back in one or two weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.