rcrally
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Aluminum and Plastic meet . .. .

Hello all, just curious with the whole aluminum fad thats sweeping the nation ... the only thing on my MGT I seem to break from the landings and abuse of this truck is the lower a-arms and that steering knuckle and a occassional rod ... going with the whole titanium rod set and aluminum knuckles ... i have yet to break 1 upper a-arm on the truck and I basically have ran it as hard as i am going to run it, would it be a good thought to replace the upper arms with aluminum and leave the lower plastic?

__________________________________________________ __________
MGT - .26 Picco Outlaw - Side Exaust Fanthom Pipe - 40Series Aluminum Wheels
3PM-FM - Hitec 5645MG Servo - New Era Roll Cage
Old 05-13-2004, 01:27 PM
MattLarson29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Aluminum and Plastic meet . .. .

Slap some RPM arms on it.

They are very tough, and also have a lifetime warranty. They are plastic, so they have some flex but are really beefy.

Matt
Old 05-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Vanquish24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your talking about swing arms then no its not a good idea to switch to aluminum. Aluminum tends to bend when you are bashing hard and doing big jumps and not always landing on all 4's. But i guess same thing goes for plastic but that just brakes. Swing arms are the most common things to brake so i would just replace them with the same plastic pieces instead of paying extra for aluminum ones. Just my thought.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:32 PM
popuptoaster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just keep a stock of the standard ones spare, the RPM ones are too bendy, the handling goes all squiffy, and you dont want ally ones cos they'll either bend, or transfer the stresses further into the truck and break something else, ive got ally knuckles on mine and thats all it needs for me, i havent broken any tie rods yet so i cant comment on those.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:35 PM
OctaviaN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys,

A mate of mine bought a MGT bout 3 weeks ago and is going through pieces like mad! It the plastic connection on the front end where the I think its the tie rod.

Basically a long thin piece of metal with what looks like a little nut about half way accross...well where this little rod screws into a plastic arm which in turn connects to the hub(larger plastic with 2 aluminum/steel balls in it) hope this description is good enough

Well my question being is there an aluminium/titanium version??
Old 05-27-2004, 01:32 AM
mini ripper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OctaviaN,
I think you are talking about the steering knuckles and if so yes they do them in alloy but not in titainium.
They are the same as T-maxx knuckles only difference being that the pivot ball caps are different.
I personally have alloy ones made by hardcore and they are great

All the best

T-meker
Old 06-12-2004, 09:28 PM
SAVGERULES

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

just sell your POS monster gt. the savage is 100000000000 times better. the mgt is so fragile it breaks suspension arms and the flimsy steering knuckles break. its skid plates are crap and its shocks are small. it cant compare to a savage. the savage is so much better and tougher. MGTS SUCK BALLS!!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 02:44 PM
popuptoaster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

savavge is ok if all you wanna do is throw your truck out the window, if you want something that handles ok then your stuffed, MGT will run rings around a savage on the track, i have both now.

Oh yeah, and didnt your mama never tell you size dont matter? dont come taking your frustrations about your equipment size out in here, weener boy.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:09 AM
SAVGERULES

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now Mr. ******, where did I say anything about overall size? I didn't. So learn to read. I said that the size of the most important components like the shock towers, arms, knuckles and spindles, are much bigger and tougher on the Savage. You can try to deny it all you want, but in the end, when your truck breaks due to the undersized components, dont come crying to me. I would sell the MGT and keep the savage if I were you BTW. Now i hope youve learned to read because it will help you along in your life. (sigh)......fags........
Old 06-15-2004, 02:04 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well mgt are more set up for race ...savge ur in mgt forum and ur reply doesnt even answers the question ....

and for the question imo ill get the alum arms both upper and lower
Old 06-28-2004, 02:01 AM
twotoes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think mr. savegerules needs to grow up a little.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:53 PM
SAVGERULES

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Heh your subtle attemps to insult me are lame. I guess I am just another caseyddr, because although I used to hate the MGT, I now love it, and I am getting one this weekend. I just drove one and the handling and all terrain tackling ability make the Savage look like a toy. The engine is also easier to tune, and has equal power output to the S25 in the Savage. Probably gonna sell my Savage and keep the MGT as my main truck. It is also rock solid, and seems to be a savage challenger in terms of durability. Its very solid: It has aluminum in all the right places, the plastic parts are ultra beefy, it has CVD's all around, better diffs, and huge bumpers. The suspension is also much better suited to the offroad than the Savage. It also jumps well. An amazing truck. Now all you nerds that tried to insult me need to STFU, as they (cough*twotoes*Cough) need to get a life and grow up. Now F*** OFF!!!

P.S. Mods, feel free to edit my post as it will probably be my last under this name anyways.