Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New Team Losi Super Truck (LST)!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New Team Losi Super Truck (LST)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
IzzyUpNSmoke
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Team Losi Super Truck (LST)!!!!

What about this new truck from Team Losi?

http://www.nitrohouse.com/team_losi_lst.htm

I bet this will be better than all current monster. I wait for this one to come out
Old 03-18-2004, 08:37 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: New Team Losi Super Truck (LST)!!!!

Well since you asked let's talk about it.
I know the Losi faithful aren't gunna like this, but it sure looks like a pain in the neck to work on.
Also Plastic spurs? Didn't they learn from the .21 T-maxx conversions about plastic spurs?
Mechanically accuated high/low gear range + cyntrifical clutch 2 speed, that's allot to go wrong, what happens if you acidentally swich gear ranges while moving? I know what will happen I my full size truck and it aint pretty
Transverse mounted engine? One more thing to go wrong in the tranny?
Ooh ya, the biggest hit in my book you have to use a "roto start" or pull start engine[:@]
Nothing less reliable than a pull start

Other than that, it looks cool, Dig the Monster shocks.

K.I.S.S. I'll stick with my Dom.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:49 AM
ThermalRD

Almost all of the MT companies use plastic spurs with big blocks. None of them have problems. The maxx had problems stripping spur gears because its chassis flexed soo much. Thats why they made it thicker on the 2.5. I do however agree with you about the manually switching of the gears in the trans. I think thats gonna be the first bug to be worked out. The mounting of the engine is really nice in my opinion. It leaves access to the back plate, and a good visual of the spur. Then that roto start they have on it. Yeah, they start easy with that, but id rather it be a pull start. Either way, the truck looks wicked. Lets just hope theres not too many bugs to work out when its released.

Matt
ORIGINAL: scale_only_4_me-RCU

I know the Losi faithful aren't gunna like this, but it sure looks like a pain in the neck to work on.
Also Plastic spurs? Didn't they learn from the .21 T-maxx conversions about plastic spurs?
Mechanically accuated high/low gear range + cyntrifical clutch 2 speed, that's allot to go wrong, what happens if you acidentally swich gear ranges while moving? I know what will happen I my full size truck and it aint pretty
Ooh ya, the biggest hit in my book you have to use a "roto start" or pull start engine[:@]

Old 03-18-2004, 12:27 PM
IzzyUpNSmoke

So which monster truck do you guys reccomend? I'm in the market for a MT and I don't if I should wait for the LST to be released.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-18-2004, 12:51 PM
ThermalRD

Well, i say wait til its released. Its the last to be released of the next 3 upcoming trucks. That way you can get a good view of everything on the market. The TNX is on its way to stores right now, and GENESIS should be available late April. The LST is still on schedule for mid-late May. Personnally, i think the LST is the truck to buy. It seems expensive, but it really isnt. You get metal gear High torque servos with that LST, and a synthesized radio. Losi is already working on different tire treads for the LST, and nobody ever has anything bad to say about them. If you decide you dont want it, at least there are more options for you at that time.

Matt
ORIGINAL: IzzyUpNSmoke

So which monster truck do you guys reccomend? I'm in the market for a MT and I don't if I should wait for the LST to be released.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-18-2004, 01:44 PM
scale only 4 me

Hope, Hope? For $600 I'd Hope all the problem are worked out first

Well we shall see, all Generation alpha trucks all have Growing pains.
Check back is 3-4 months when the "Official LST thread" or "my new LST is a P.O.S." threads are up and running
It's allways something

p.s. browse around in the Savage thread. You can't swing a dead cat in there without hitting a thread about a stripped spur.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
ThermalRD

p.s. browse around in the Savage thread. You can't swing a dead cat in there without hitting a thread about a stripped spur.

I have yet to strip my original spur gear on my original savage .21. Its seen several motors. The people that strip spur gears are either not setting the mesh right, or not locking the slipper down enough for the power of the new .25 that comes with the savage.

Matt
Old 03-18-2004, 02:16 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pain in the neck to work on? I don't see it. I've looked the pictures over several times and to me it looks as if Losi made it a point to make the truck easy to work on. What is it that you think will be hard to work on?
All the servos are easy to get to without removing anything, same with the receiver and battery box. The engine can be removed from the top of the engine mounts, so you don't have to reset mesh everytime you remove it. The spur gears and clutch bell are easy to access and change without removing anything but the spur cover. The tranny looks as if it can be removed by only taking off the center chassis plate and unbolting the tranny. All the servo linkages are short, exposed, and straight forward. By having 4 big shocks instead of 8 or 10 smaller ones, you cut the amount of shock maintainance by half. The shocks are easily removed without obstruction. The shock towers are held in place with 4 screws. It even appears that the fuel tank can be removed from the top of the truck without removing anything else. You can even replace sections of damaged chassis just by removing it, without dissassembling the whole truck.
The only thing that appears difficult to work on are the diffs, but aren't they all?

I understand your point about the high/low selector. It seems kinda Tyco/Nikko to me, and it means more that could go wrong. I'm sure there will be a way to eliminate it for those who would like to. I'm sure nothing will happen if you select low range while it's moving in high. I mean "nothing" will happen, just like if you select reverse in a Tmaxx while moving forward, "nothing" happens.

EDIT: I'm not Losi faithful, I've never owned one. Also what do you mean about "transversly mounted engine"? And how will it negatively affect the tranny?
Old 03-18-2004, 04:18 PM
scale only 4 me

I said I liked the Monster shocks too,

Transversely mounted engine?
Just one more time the energy has to change directions before it makes it to the wheels, resulting in more power loss and more potential for breakage.

It just seams to me these companies are trying to Wow! us with all these fancy features instead of keeping it simple. For Me, the more stuff on the truck the more stuff to break.
The more complicated the linkages and drive train the more potential for things coming loose.

I have a Mugen MST1 and I thing it's hard to work on too, I may end up going back to the rc10gt just for that reason. Everyone has a different opinion on what makes something hard to work on. How long do you think it would take to break that truck down, clean, lube, and re-assemble?

I'd rather spend my leisure time Racing not Wrenching
This truck doesn't look like it would serve my needs, but if you guys like it, Go for it. Let me know how it holds up.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:10 PM
IzzyUpNSmoke

Did you guys watch the video provided with the link? It looks to me like this truck handles pretty good.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:20 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen the video. It doesn't look as if they were getting on it too hard. Also the shocks seemed to soft. I'm sure heavier springs and/or heavier oil would take care of that.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:08 PM
gmac4826

I said I liked the Monster shocks too,

Transversely mounted engine?
Just one more time the energy has to change directions before it makes it to the wheels, resulting in more power loss and more potential for breakage.

It just seams to me these companies are trying to Wow! us with all these fancy features instead of keeping it simple. For Me, the more stuff on the truck the more stuff to break.
The more complicated the linkages and drive train the more potential for things coming loose.

I have a Mugen MST1 and I thing it's hard to work on too, I may end up going back to the rc10gt just for that reason. Everyone has a different opinion on what makes something hard to work on. How long do you think it would take to break that truck down, clean, lube, and re-assemble?

I'd rather spend my leisure time Racing not Wrenching
This truck doesn't look like it would serve my needs, but if you guys like it, Go for it. Let me know how it holds up.

power loss??? look on the losi page and you see it hits 44 mph with the pos mach .26 in it.....
Old 03-19-2004, 08:59 PM
kawasaki madman

Here's my 2 cents. I have several Losi kits right now and they are all awesome. Just look at all the National Championships Losi has under it's belt. No doubts in my mind that this truck will freakin' rock. It's in there blood to create one of the best if not THE BEST car or truck in its catagory. I'm sure it's taken them so looooong to come out w/ this thing because they have put in a ton of testing to make sure it's the best! I know one thing, it ain't anything they had to run to Thunder Tiger to help visualize! Come on Associated, how come you can buy the Associated Monster GT in a Thunder Tiger package on the other side of the world! Guarantee the LST will smoke the MGT anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays! By the way www.Larry'sPerformanceRC is taking pre-orders for only 563.99. Very sweet deal.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:18 PM
ThermalRD

Hmmm...Larrys in michigan, on mound and 18 1/2??? I was out there today asking about it. They didnt mention a pre purchase to me. I'll be paying for mine in advance too.

Matt
ORIGINAL: kawasaki madman

By the way www.Larry'sPerformanceRC is taking pre-orders for only 563.99. Very sweet deal.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:58 AM
ThermalRD

Hey, i just got an email form Tork. Check out the new pics of the Losi truck from horizon hobby.

View the rest of the pics [link=http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/ProdInfo/PagesAUX/1307-ART.asp#]HERE!!![/link]

Matt
Old 03-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Mxracer45

Nice.......Im lookin forward to a review!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:14 PM
speedyz

Hi all I am looking for some place on the net where I can pre order the new Team Losi LST at the best price. Please help.
I currently have the MGT, Savage SS, Savage 21 with the hyper 8 port (modified to take it), T-maxx. This truck will compliment my fleet of rc monster trucks. thanks
Old 03-20-2004, 10:39 PM
kawasaki madman

hey thermal you got the right place. I talked to Chris about 2 weeks ago and he is the one that took my pre-order on the LST. He said they were getting seven in and I was the first to actually put $$ down on one. Call and ask for him or try to talk to Larry himself. Tell them you talked to Gabe from Toledo
Old 03-21-2004, 01:03 AM
ThermalRD

Ok cool, im always in there anyway. I've gotta go there wednesday to pick some stuff up, i'll talk to em then.

Thanks, Matt
ORIGINAL: kawasaki madman

hey thermal you got the right place. I talked to Chris about 2 weeks ago and he is the one that took my pre-order on the LST. He said they were getting seven in and I was the first to actually put $$ down on one. Call and ask for him or try to talk to Larry himself. Tell them you talked to Gabe from Toledo
Old 03-21-2004, 10:29 PM
bubbafien

ok. heres my spiel on the truck.

1. losi is the best of the best in all of the classes they have cars for.
2. i run a xxx-nt. it is awesome. standard losi quality
3. 44mph w/ a 13lb truck. pretty damn good considering...
A. drop 1-1 1/2 lbs by simply swapping tires.
B. remove low range gears and instal an FOC dropping (estimated) 1/2-1lbs...
C. as is on any truck, their are always ways to remove a little weight here and there.
D. lighter is better on the track
4. the MACH .26 is a nice quality/reliable/torque engine
5. the roto can be swapped for a p/s

1a- innovation
1 losi is bringing new INNOVATION to the table w/ this truck
a. one pieve i have w/ the "bigger is better" scene is this- you are doing nothing for the industry. traxxas gets my hat tipped for their 2.5 engine. it is very easy for someone to drop a mediocre .21 in to a maxx. they made a strong .15 that raised the bar.
b. losi is not simply going the "bigger is better" route here w/ this truck. they have brought some good features to the board that will help advance this section of the industry.
c. anyone can slap a .46 and 20 shocks on a truck with 4ws... blah blah blah. sounds like marketing BS to me. LST has USABLE features

the only thing that will keep from getting an LST is the fact that i have had a MAXX foe so long and i know the truck through and through. i will have to re-learn a new truck, which WILL set me back. so if i pick one up, it will be after i have my maxx where i want it. i think that i have said enough, to bore most of you... lol i have more thoughts on the subject though. i would really like this thread to stay civil and above a 4yr olds flaming mentality. lets keep it INTELLIGENT, huh guys?

bubbafien
Old 03-22-2004, 12:07 AM
scale only 4 me

I see Industry going in two very different directions
Racing and Bashing

New trucks by Losi, AE are going for the "Bigger is better" end to get the Basher's money.
Companies like Ofna and GS are going for the more serious Racer's Money with trucks like the Dom, GS SUT, and now I hear Ofna has a Hyper7 Truggy and a conversion in the works. (Can’t wait)

All this is just speculation until the truck hits the dirt, Watching a video on a Manufactures site just lets you know what the truck will do out of the box. It takes a few hours of use and abuse before you'll start to see what the weak or strong points really will be. Sure it will hit 44mph with as .26, cool, for how long? Nobody really knows, yet. I hope it's all it's cracked up to be, Knowing Losi's rep for quality (I ran a xxx-nt for a year and still have a MF xxxt) I'm sure it will be a decent truck, But that's what the said about the "Dirt Demon" too. Time will tell!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:04 PM
bubbafien

but c'mon HOT BODIES or TEAM LOSI??? I see real potential with the LST. and it is nor simply a truggy... but a REAL MT

bubbafien
Old 03-25-2004, 05:46 AM
islandfire71

Does anyone know will the savage body and tire fit for the LST or not!? I really want to get the lst, but I got my order(savage tire, body and roto starter...) 2 months ago(but still waiting for the savage kit). I hope I can at least use the body and tire for the lst......
Old 03-25-2004, 10:50 AM
ThermalRD

Well, technically you can modify any body to fit any truck. But if you want my answer, id say NO. That Losi is a really large truck. Putting a 1/10th scale body on it will look really goofy. The stock tires on the Losi are 7 inches tall.

Matt
ORIGINAL: islandfire71

Does anyone know will the savage body and tire fit for the LST or not!? I really want to get the lst, but I got my order(savage tire, body and roto starter...) 2 months ago(but still waiting for the savage kit). I hope I can at least use the body and tire for the lst......
Old 03-27-2004, 07:13 PM
gmac4826

i think the savage is a 1/8 scale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.