Crazy_Coconuts

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default the TNX situation

the TNX has been released for a while now, im just wondering, for those of you that own one or have used one, if you might give an opinion about it... you know, first impressions, comparisons, quirks, durability, etc...

when i say comparisons, i mean what qualities does this truck have that sets it aside from other trucks? what features does this truck have that some other trucks have? what features do other trucks have that this doesnt... things like that... dont just say that the TNX is better than "Truck-X" you have to say what areas it excells at and in which areas it falters...

lastly, keep this thread away from any open fires... if you have an opinion, back it up... dont just say "its the best truck ever," or "it sucks"

-thanks

also... if you guys have any TNX videos or anything... please post them here...
Old 05-15-2004, 03:57 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: the TNX situation

Honestly, i had thought about buying one. Until i was recently told you cant even adjust the gear mesh on that truck. For me, there are ALOT better values on the market. For 450 dollars you get a truck without any shock, camber, or gear adjustments. I really wish Tamiya would have done better with this truck. I've seen very little interest, and havent even seen one of these in my LHS yet. Maybe im missing something, but i just dont see anything other than a nice body, and motor. The truck itself leaves ALOT to be desired.

Matt
Old 05-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Spudnik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

a agree with Thermal there. If you want a better response for your question, post it in the rock crawling section
Old 05-15-2004, 09:40 PM
fourwheeler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too am somewhat surprised by the reception the TNX has recieved since it's release. I am more of a basher than a racer so the new engine was an interesting point but the truck has fallen short of what I was hoping for as well.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Cal-Torque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've only read good things about this truck, but I think that the killer for Tamiya is the release of the Revo... The LST and Genesis wil have their own niche as BIG trucks, but the TNX and Revo are going after the same market. And, most people, including myself, will just wait for the new Traxxas to come out. The Revo does have a lot of unique features whereas the TNX is a pretty basic flat pan chassis truck...
Old 05-16-2004, 06:43 AM
fourwheeler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I suppose the thing that bothers me about the TNX is the suspension arms. They are the same design as the Terra Crusher but the TNX arms have been lightened up to save weight. Lighter A-arms just scare me[:-][:-]
Old 05-16-2004, 07:29 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks guys... very valid points... i was just wondering, because i havent heard much about it... i even missed the whole release thing... i just checked on towerhobbies one day and found out that it was already out...

ORIGINAL: savage14

a agree with Thermal there. If you want a better response for your question, post it in the rock crawling section

why the rock crawling section? tamiya fans?