Blitz R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Just got my MTA4!

I picked up my first monster truck yesterday, a Thunder Tiger MTA4. Now that the run in is done and dusted I have started tuning the engine....the only beef I have with the truck is the standard pipe. The damn thing keeps melting the end of the tank pressure line shut!

Looks like I'll have to fit a nipple in there. Anyone else get the same thing happening to them?

I have also noticed that the standard springs are quite soft, the truck wallows massively in the corners. Any recommendations on which spring rate to upgrade to?

One last question for now. The hex drives for the wheels are the same as TMax and Savage right? Has anyone fitted the Hotbodies 7" wheels onto their truck, if so, where they a straight fit?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2004, 02:43 AM
mini ripper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Just got my MTA4!

Hi Blitz,
I hav'nt had that problem with the pressure pipe but i will go and check mine anyways, Yea the stock pipe is very noisey and i reckon you would do well gettin a better pipe for it, im not sure what one to use as im in the process of gettin one for my MGT, i do know however that you can get a pipe which runs down the side of the truck and out the cut out in the chassis.
Wheels yea the hexs are the same as the Savage and T-maxx so you can use the vast range of wheels and tyres available for those trucks (I have 4 trucks and 16 set of wheels).
I have a set of the Hot Bodies wheels you are talking about and they ok but they are to big and heavey they will not fit straight on as you will have to dremmal away some of the spokes to stop them rubbing on the axal carrier and they will screw up your wheel bearings in seconds.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Blitz R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK, so the Truckzilla 7" are a pain to fit, I'm guessing that the normal Savage 6" wheels will be fine?
Old 05-16-2004, 02:59 AM
mini ripper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They sure are, i wouldnt bother with them i used them about twice and they are now collecting dust in the garage.
As for wheel and tyre selection what sort of terrain are you going to be running on.

All the best

T-meker