Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

$800 to spend on an MT - Help me decide

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

$800 to spend on an MT - Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Nitrotech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $800 to spend on an MT - Help me decide

Sup guys. I have many MT's (T-maxx 2.5,Savage,Terra Crusher,etc)
I have $800 and I want a killer MT. I was thinkin about going with a Mad Force RCX editon but Im not sure..lol

-Dallas
Old 05-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Element

Default RE: $800 to spend on an MT - Help me decide

Wel what do you want the truck for racing,bashing,etc?

If a bought another IS I would get a tnx if I went solid axle I would get the mad force both with a MX-3 radio
Old 05-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Why don't you do a little research and buy the truck that meets YOUR needs best? Most people on this forum have owned only 1 or 2 trucks and are slightly biased towards them. Its hard to go wrong now adays with any of them. Whichever one you get make sure that replacement parts are readily available and easy to obtain. Buy what YOU want not what someone else wants you to!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:00 PM
raykessler

See if u can find one of the limited edition twin titans on ebay.... their cool cause their limited
Old 05-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Nitrotech

WELL razoo, Like I said, I have and still do own many MT's. So, I know what to do before buying one. It dosnt hurt to have some peoples thoughts about an item before you purchase it.Also, Im pretty sure there are people on hrere that own more than 1 or 2 RC's.

-Dallas
Old 05-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Razoo

Try re-reading my post again. I said MOST people only have had 1 or 2 trucks. Hey, its your money I hope you like what someone else wants.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

This is easy.

For a jaded, multi-truck owner, you have TWO choices, both of them still unreleased:

Traxxas Revo-smaller, nimble, amazing suspension. an engineering marvel. Will RULE every race, just watch & see

Losi LST: Bigger, great chassis design, great shocks/suspension, way-cool tranny, can easlly drop in a RB TM-28 (hey, you gotta spend that extra $300 somewhere!!), comes with JR XS-3 synthesized radio!!

Others are gonna chime in "Mammoth", "CEN Genesis", Assoc. MGT, etc., but they're all just good trucks based on the same stuff that's been out for years. Iffen I was you, I'd want a truck that's truly breaking the mold in terms of design & performance.

Time will tell, but I'm confident these are the only two trucks that are gonna excite a guy who has a T-Maxx (pan chassis ) and a savage (TVP).

Dean
Old 05-12-2004, 01:26 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

If i was you, I would put all 800 towards my savage. Or wait for the LST to come out and get that.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I don't comment to many times but I just put money down on the new losi truck that is due out next month,also I have had a T-maxx,I have a MGT and had a Mammoth and just for good measure I have a mini-T wonder if that is owning enough trucks for Razoo.I really like my MGT,sold the T-Maxx after having to rebuild it so many times and gave away the mammoth because it really sucked as far as I am concerned nothing but a truggy.I hope that the losi lives up to all the hype and press it has gotten but only time will tell.As most have said make up your own mind and go with it,I am sure you will like what you settle on.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:58 AM
Vintage_Duff

GET THE
FG 1/6 MONSTER
U WONT HAVE TO GET PO WITH THOSE
LITTLE NITRO ENGINES AND THE COST OF THE FUEL
AND THIS THIMG WILL TAKE A BASHING
http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/off_road
Old 05-13-2004, 03:20 AM
allen0622

ya dude, you said you have many MT's That 1/6 scale is $1100.00 but it's friggin huge! and with the money you'll be saving running unleaded instead of nitro fuel it basically pays for itself! right on![sm=RAINFRO.gif] I'd scrounge up $300 more and go for it.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Nitrotech

Yeah, Im buying the 1/6 fg monster. I just earned $400 more so Im goin with that. Thanks for ur help (Everyone BUT Razoo who didnt help at all with his Negative attitude)

-Dallas
Old 05-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Razoo

Jeez Dallas seems like you got your panties in a bunch over nothing. I'm sorry I didn't offer any advice on how to spend your $800.00 but I'm the type of person who can make my own decisions. With your vast fleet of trucks I thought you'd be able to also. I guess I was wrong.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:48 PM
allen0622

dude, browsing the boards IS research, I would've never even heard of that 1/6 scale MT if not for these boards. And asking for a real-world opinion from multiple people is also research. I don't think anyone would just go on ahead and buy something just because some geek on a board/forum says "get this". You hear or ask about something, then you check it out. It's a hell of alot easier than just typing "monster truck" in a search engine. You get the basic info you need from other enthusiasts without all the extra garbage. Asking doesn't hurt anyone.
ORIGINAL: Razoo

Jeez Dallas seems like you got your panties in a bunch over nothing. I'm sorry I didn't offer any advice on how to spend your $800.00 but I'm the type of person who can make my own decisions. With your vast fleet of trucks I thought you'd be able to also. I guess I was wrong.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Nitrotech

Razoo, my panties are still in a bunch, I like wearing them that way,lol
I was just ****in with ya,Im not mad. But, it does help to know the pros and cons of a product before putting over $800 into it.I can decide for myself,and I did. However, why take a risk of spending lost o mula on junk when maybe someone else has been there and done that and can let u know before u lose out too.
Anyhoo, my trucks on its way,YAY

-Dallas
Old 05-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Razoo

I hope you post a review when you get it. One of the recent RC mags just did a review on it, kinda curious as to what you think of it. I wasn't busting on ya, just trying to tell you to be careful about the advice you get on this board. Some guys like to give advice on stuff they've never driven or owned. If I had the room I'd get one in a minute. The magazine gave it a very good review just said you need a lot of room to turn and a 4WD kit would be nice. If you want I could let you know what mag it was in. Have fun!