Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis

Does anyone know anything about the new truck called Genesis coming out?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Default RE: Genesis

Never mind every body. I found out at a web site, sorry.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:55 AM
motorpsycho502

NOT A THING, LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL.

Do A forum search: CEN GENESIS
Old 05-17-2004, 04:56 PM
nitrobashinauz

noone knows hardly anything,
but they sure do have some opinions
Old 05-17-2004, 05:50 PM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

8 shocks, crappy engine, to heavy..thats all there is to kniow
Old 05-17-2004, 06:16 PM
bustergonad

ORIGINAL: sn0wrider

8 shocks, crappy engine, to heavy..thats all there is to kniow
Well to start it has 10 shocks, nobody knows how the engine will perform and the genesis has a better power to weight ration than many other RC Monster Trucks including <sarcasm on>"The Almighty Revo"<sarcasm off>

Roy
Old 05-17-2004, 06:29 PM
sbb4us

snow rider definately displayed exactly nitrobashinauz had just said about no one knowing anything about it and having such strong opinions. I have a question for sn0wrider have you ever driven one do you own one have you driven it enough to make a proper assesment of it? For some reason I feel the answer to all these questions is NO and how in the world do you know how good the engine is?
Old 05-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Mxracer45

OMG snow *** how can you say it has a crappy engine wen no one has even drivin it yet? Its a friggin .46 engine. Its huge. Looks like a hit
Old 05-18-2004, 05:34 AM
RCnutz

All i gotta say is that I have paid for a genesis and I can't wait for my lhs to get it in. The wait sucks! As far as all the comments about it's weight and "crappy engine" blah blah. All the people posting negative stuff about a new products do it because they can't afford it. It's easier to pass on something you lust after if you bash its reputation.
I can't wait for that crappy 17 pound RC truck with crappy shocks and crappy engine to get into my hands and if it sucks be sure that I'll be selling it lightning fast on EBay.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Hay RCnutz, I've been thinking about buying one for a long time. I'm torn between the LST and the Genesis. Everyone thinks the LST is going to be better but i think thats because it will cost about 70$ more. Big whoop! Just let me know what you think when you get it.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:19 AM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: Duff_Beer_12oz

Hay RCnutz, I've been thinking about buying one for a long time. I'm torn between the LST and the Genesis. Everyone thinks the LST is going to be better but i think thats because it will cost about 70$ more. Big whoop! Just let me know what you think when you get it.
Umm no i dont believe thats why. Just look at the lst design man. Look at the chassis. Look at the shocks. Look at the 300$ transmitter.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

I don't believe the genesis has a 300$ transmitter but it does have more speed, a better chassis, and 8 very nice racing shocks. It has racing shocks an is believed to be more durable than the savage!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:37 AM
motorpsycho502

2 weeks, 2 weeks, (what are ya a parakeet ?)

That is what they keep saying
Old 05-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Mxracer45

I don't believe the genesis has a 300$ transmitter but it does have more speed, a better chassis, and 8 very nice racing shocks. It has racing shocks an is believed to be more durable than the savage!
DUDE i was reffering to the LST. The genesis has another cen radio wich arent really good. Or atleast the one that comes with the mt2.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Dude, Dude, Dude! I was refering to the Genesis and Know that you were refering to the LST. I was comparing them. DUDE![sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 05-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Mxracer45

Dam lol were all confused ahhh!!!!!! I dont know how durable the genesis will be but my guess will be that it wont be too durabke because 17lb is alot of stress.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Don't you think that the EXPERTS who built it would have thought of that and test driven it. If this truck couldn't get more than a couple feet off the ground without breaking something then they wouldn't have built it since most people jump their trucks anyway. I've seen it in some videos and they were launching it pretty well. It is made mostly of hardened steel. Watch the videos a cenracing.com.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Mxracer45

Mostly of harded steel??? I see all plastic mainly. and one think i absolutely hate. They put in plastic shocks.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:37 PM
ThermalRD

Guys quit all the jibber jabber, and go check out the new pics of the Genesis on CEN's site.

Old 05-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Here is my take; These are comments I feel are very fair since they are NOT based on the Genesis performance or handling-

STRIKE 1

You are never gonna see a Genesis on the track... Maybe some outlaw classes, but I even doubt that. It is a production truck that will never be allowed to run in production MT classes; It's competition IF allowed will be truggies and conversions in outlaw classes, and those will WAX it since they are just purebred racers with big power plants (and still weigh 7-8 lbs to boot).

STRIKE 2

CEN has a bad rep for their old AM radios... I understand they keep things in house to save $$$, but c'mon- just partner with Futaba, Airtronics like everyone else and get a decent quality and reliable radio. No one would say the CEN radio set has been successful- or could they. Those CEN radios have probably been the most glitchy and unreliable of all of the RTR's on the market today.

STRIKE 3

This is a combination of items that when combined equal a BIG strike

A- No LHS support, even here in SOCAL! I have 10 LHS's within a 30 mile radius and NOT ONE is vowing an ounce of support for this truck.
B- HIGH PRICE POINT.

Summary- This means your entry enthusiasts will NOT buy it due to low product awareness and cost. It will have a VERY narrow demographic- 95% of the demographic will be existing enthusiasts willing to accept the high price point and online only parts support and that ISN'T the demographic for profit!

It is a novelty, like the truckzilla. I predict a slurry of initial sales with quick turnarounds on ebay and ultimately for these to be shelved in folks closets and garages for display only next to their Truckzillas, and Thunder Tiger EK4s. Mark my words.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:10 PM
slago

Very well said.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Looking at both those photos, one thought comes to mind...

Could they make the center of gravity a bit HIGHER???

Maybe if they add a little more arch to the chassis plates they could work it out so the motor & other components are actually ABOVE the top of the shock towers, rather than 1/2" below it.

My god, if it didn't weigh a zillion pounds, it would tip over if you blew on it funny.

Dean
Old 05-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

I didn't get one thing you just said. Speak english. Where did you get all that scientific crap about production sales or something? If someone has a problem with their genesis radio then can't they replace it with a differn't companie's? Mr. Dale needs to stop gribbling. Besides if the fact that bad radios is the only thing you can come up with against CEN then you need to do some more research and find something good. Another thing is that the shocks can be upgraded to some metal ones. I hate it when people try to act like KNOW IT ALLS.[:@]
Old 05-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Dale Gribble

Oh, and one more thing.

If HPI has any patents on the Savage, I am sure they could go after this thing for infringing patent rights. I mean a lot of MT's are similar to an extent; but put this next to the Savage and it is UNCANNY! You cannot deny that the Savage was on the marketing guys' desks when coming up with new ideas, and then on the designers' desks for the design of this thing. No one can deny that.

The Genesis is not a 'vision', it's pure regurgitation of a successful platform with some gimmicks added on.

BTW, I CAN afford a Genesis...
Old 05-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Dale Gribble

I didn't get one thing you just said. Speak english. Where did you get all that scientific crap about production sales or something? If someone has a problem with their genesis radio then can't they replace it with a differn't companie's? Mr. Dale needs to stop gribbling. Besides if the fact that bad radios is the only thing you can come up with against CEN then you need to do some more research and find something good. Another thing is that the shocks can be upgraded to some metal ones. I hate it when people try to act like KNOW IT ALLS.[:@]
You aren't even on my level for discussing this. I don't need to be a know it all- I just have to know a bit about business, demographics, production, manufacturing and marketing to know this thing has speed bumps ahead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.